_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 434 435 [436] 437 438 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5937482 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: 6 months of alien brain rape and counting
« Reply #6525 on: September 04, 2012, 03:12:29 pm »

"Ok, so maybe the needle glove wasn't the greatest idea.  Perhaps a needle gun..."
Close Tinker, receive message.
"Huh?  Sure, I can do computer stuff and math.  What do you need help with?"
Help him.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: 6 months of alien brain rape and counting
« Reply #6526 on: September 04, 2012, 03:18:33 pm »

Fire both plasma projecters at beast thing.

"I HAVE FACED STRONGER THAN YOU!!"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6527 on: September 04, 2012, 03:31:17 pm »

"Well, you see, Mesk, you have a chance to be a part of history here. I'm making a field manipulator powered grabby crane thing that you control with a joystick, sort of like a claw machine. Problem is, damn magic impenetrable manipulator thing runs on math I couldn't do to save my life. So the thing is, I need a program to control it - essentially, you're gonna have to make a program that does several things according to what you do with the joystick. One, it has to make the claw move horizontally. Two, make it move vertically. Three, make it open and close. First one is done with the stick and there are specific buttons for the other two things. I'm ready to split any and all tokens I get from this thing 50/50 with you, considering that you're doing a very crucial bit of the work. I'll even consider your input on the name of the thing. Take a look at this design I got, I call it the Superclaw, and get back to me when you've got something, alright?"
Make my design viewable by Mesk under the name "Timmy-Tec Superclaw (hopefully powered by MeskSoft!)".
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 03:33:35 pm by Harry Baldman »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6528 on: September 04, 2012, 03:47:42 pm »

(( Good job ive been working out ways to make this possible for the last 30 minutes and got some of it down. ))

Types in new parameters for the sentry turret
technical jibberjabber
Also begin work on an adaptable battery to power the sentry's systems that has multiple port's to enable it to be plugged into various electrical source's for a recharge

(( This all makes sense in my head. If it dosnt to you GM then PM me and ill try to explain it in more detail. Im hoping i can convince the AM or Steve to let me make a free prototype of this since it is a system that the AM does not have. ))

((Maybe you could use a system where you use a 'laser pointer' to assign targets, after wich the sentry will fire on the object you aimed the pointer at. Would only work if you're in the same area as the turret, though.))

'First off all, I should try to find a way to use my manipulators without using my hands, seeing as how entire limbs tend to go explore the galaxy on their own on these missions.'

Open tinker, spawn 1 of each manipulator, examine them. What are their dimensions, how are they operated, what is their power source and what do they have in common? Also examine power unit in detail, compare them between manipulators.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6529 on: September 04, 2012, 03:56:53 pm »

"Timmy-Tec Superclaw (hopefully powered by MeskSoft!)"
(( Waldos! With military use in mind!
Einsteinian Roulette: misinterpreting the works of R. Heinlein since 2012.
:P))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6530 on: September 04, 2012, 03:58:39 pm »

(( Meh im planning to use it for fire support and that wont work very well if i cant fire my own weapon because im directing it or if something goes badly wrong and we have to retreat under fire i can leave it behind to cover us but id rather avoid sacrificing my very costly little toy when i could just leave somebody to die and bring there head back with me :P. )).

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6531 on: September 04, 2012, 04:09:35 pm »

((Haven't read Heinlein. What are waldos, anyway?))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6532 on: September 04, 2012, 04:13:30 pm »

(( I read that book years ago id almost forgotten about it :).

Waldo Farthingwaite-Jones was born a weakling, unable even to lift his head up to drink or to hold a spoon. Far from destroying him, this channeled his intellect, and his family's money, into the development of the device patented as "Waldo F. Jones' Synchronous Reduplicating Pantograph". Wearing a glove and harness, Waldo could control a much more powerful mechanical hand simply by moving his hand and fingers. This and other technologies he develops make him a rich man, rich enough to build a home in space. ))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6533 on: September 04, 2012, 04:14:40 pm »

(( Meh im planning to use it for fire support and that wont work very well if i cant fire my own weapon because im directing it or if something goes badly wrong and we have to retreat under fire i can leave it behind to cover us but id rather avoid sacrificing my very costly little toy when i could just leave somebody to die and bring there head back with me :P. )).

((Well, with good scanners you'd only need to point at the target for a second or 2. But yeah, if you want something you can leave alone, this won't work. Maybe you could install several programs, such as:
1: only shoot at laserpoint target
2: shoot everything that moves except teammates (who are recognised as such by their suit's wireless signaling)
3: shoot any who carry weapons/are firing weapons (with the exception mentioned in 2)
etc.  ))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: 6 months of alien brain rape and count
« Reply #6534 on: September 04, 2012, 04:16:58 pm »

((I'm considering creating an auto-cauterizing device. It seems the danger for most newbies with MkIs may be dying from bleeding out, so I was considering trying to create a device so simple to use that it could be operated even by Charro without the need for med rolls.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6535 on: September 04, 2012, 04:21:49 pm »

((I'm considering creating an auto-cauterizing device. It seems the danger for most newbies with MkIs may be dying from bleeding out, so I was considering trying to create a device so simple to use that it could be operated even by Charro without the need for med rolls.))
((Unless it's a suit feature, I'm thinking you'd need a robot for that. Medi-foam does essentially the same thing, after all, and that still takes med rolls.

Plus, overshots would not be pretty. Not be pretty at all.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: 6 months of alien brain rape and count
« Reply #6536 on: September 04, 2012, 04:24:35 pm »

((@IronyOwl: I'm not saying it is possible, I'm saying it is worth a shot. Cauterization without the need for med rolls would help in many life-or-death scenarios.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6537 on: September 04, 2012, 04:25:11 pm »

((@Harry Baldman Nah, never mind. Just joking :)
Oh, and waldos were remote manipulators, essentially a pair of 'hands' linked to the gloves the user is wearing and replicating his moves, if I recall correctly. Were used for remote manipulation, as well as scaling the operating level both up and down (with waldos of much bigger and much smaller size than that of human hands).
Well, pretty much as mesor said, ninja. :P ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6538 on: September 04, 2012, 04:26:33 pm »

((Well, they could always buy an coagulant pill, which would probably do that just fine.
But yeah, you're right about the fact that those Mk.I suits are a liability to the new players. Boy, am I glad I got me a free Mk.II  8) ))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6539 on: September 04, 2012, 04:38:13 pm »

(( Radio do i need to test out my rifle on you? Once i burn half that suit away it wont do so much good for you anymore :P ))
Pages: 1 ... 434 435 [436] 437 438 ... 2101