_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 348 349 [350] 351 352 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5936188 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Asscrack:Nature's filing cabinet.
« Reply #5235 on: August 11, 2012, 02:54:37 am »

"Sorry 'bout that. Gut reaction. Nice dodge, by the way. Kick needs work, though. Don't feel too bad about it, man, I'm a bit rusty too. Anyway, wanna do a practice bout?"
If Roger agrees, lead him to a less populated area of the rec room. If he doesn't, approach the gorilla-man hawking swords.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 04:20:42 am by Harry Baldman »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5236 on: August 11, 2012, 10:56:59 am »

((Yes, it's better that way. And the first book Renen read told that it is better to have more than one style of fighting and/or weapon skills.))

The next chapter talks about the proper usage of a Monoatomic sword, basically a much longer monoatomic razor. It warns against attempting to do long cuts, hacking straight through things, rather it recommends landing a blow with the upper third and "rolling" the blade downward. This prevents the blade from getting caught in its target and lets you strike with the full length of the blade. Again it uses the example of the Battlesuit and how a properly rolled strike can slice almost all around a joint and weaken it significantly more then a simple cut.

".- .-.. .-. .. --. .... - | ..--.. | | -.-. .- -. | -.-- --- ..- | - . .-.. .-.. | - .... . | --. ..- -.-- | .-- .... --- | .-- .- -. - . -.. | - .... .. ... | - .-. . .- - -- . -. - | .. | .-.. .. ...- . -.. | - .... .-. --- ..- --. .... | .. - |"

Message. Tap it.

((Alright. Can you tell the guy who wanted this treatment I lived through it?))

>Hold on, he's in the middle of a retarded slapfight.

Roger steps back.  "Uh, sorry, I don't know what I was even thinking.  Maybe it has to do with the stasis thing?  Anyway, start over?"
Step back.  If he swings again, try to knock him down.  Otherwise, wait.
You take a step back.

"Sorry 'bout that. Gut reaction. Nice dodge, by the way. Kick needs work, though. Don't feel too bad about it, man, I'm a bit rusty too. Anyway, wanna do a practice bout?"
If Roger agrees, lead him to a less populated area of the rec room. If he doesn't, approach the gorilla-man hawking swords.
You wait for the man's response. (There's a sparring ring in the rec room yah know.)

"Gah, GET OFF ME!"

Bishop shoves him off and stands up.

"Leave me alone already, I've got actual important things to do, like trying to make something that will save your life."

How much of a weight, crushing resistance and temperature difference is there between both helmet layers?
Between the battle plate and industrial metal? Well the industrial is heavier but better with both temp and crushing resistance.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5237 on: August 11, 2012, 11:49:58 am »

Once again, if Roger's up to it, head to the sparring ring. Opening attack: roundhouse kick to the kidney. Otherwise, approach Jim and ask about swords.
((By the way, before I forget, how close is "short range" when it comes to weapons?))
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 11:55:49 am by Harry Baldman »

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5238 on: August 11, 2012, 12:18:37 pm »

"Sure." Somewhat suprised, Roger follows him to the ring and stretches his arms.  "Ready."  He waits for Timmy to move and tries to avoid the blow, then closes to grapple quickly, trying to keep him off-balance.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #5239 on: August 11, 2012, 12:25:34 pm »

"Oh yeah, they'll, they'll fit right in."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5240 on: August 11, 2012, 01:18:14 pm »

((I was talking about the different helmet layer setups. Thicker one vs thinner one. Some numbers or some references of some kind that I can mentally visualize.))

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5241 on: August 11, 2012, 01:45:40 pm »

Find Mesk then talk to him.

"Hello there, Im Jack. Oh, and who was that?"
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 01:50:11 pm by Tavik Toth »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5242 on: August 11, 2012, 03:15:05 pm »

(([British accent]The ritual complete, the newcomer's voice in the pecking order has been established.[/British accent]))

Pursue him up the stairs.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5243 on: August 11, 2012, 07:03:40 pm »

Once again, if Roger's up to it, head to the sparring ring. Opening attack: roundhouse kick to the kidney. Otherwise, approach Jim and ask about swords.
((By the way, before I forget, how close is "short range" when it comes to weapons?))
(Ranges (roughly) 0-30- feet short, 30-100 feet medium, 100 feet onward long.) is how I defined it a long time ago, but thats a bit iffy. I mean, a 30-06 has an almost 6000 yard range-not effective range, but range. It's the sort of thing I really have to redo at some point, but as of now I kind of eye balling it depending on situation and weapon. You can always ask before acting though.)

"Sure." Somewhat suprised, Roger follows him to the ring and stretches his arms.  "Ready."  He waits for Timmy to move and tries to avoid the blow, then closes to grapple quickly, trying to keep him off-balance.
[Roger dex:4]
[timmy dex:6]
[timmy str:2]

Timmy whips his foot into Rogers side but the blow is fairly weak and glances off harmlessly. The blow does manage to do one thing though: it throws timmy off balance. [-1 next dex roll]

((I was talking about the different helmet layer setups. Thicker one vs thinner one. Some numbers or some references of some kind that I can mentally visualize.))
Oh, well in that case lets see...well the inch thick could take a suv being dropped on it, half inch would only take a hatchback. In terms of heat an inch thick could survive easily in molten steel, while a half inch would start getting soft after a while and might crumble if struck.

In terms of weight, it's gonna be pretty heavy either way. Like 20 pounds half inch and 40 or so without. Gonna need a str check to use without dex penalties but the half inch one is gonna be a much easier check.

Find Mesk then talk to him.

"Hello there, Im Jack. Oh, and who was that?"
(you're already around him)

(([British accent]The ritual complete, the newcomer's voice in the pecking order has been established.[/British accent]))

Pursue him up the stairs.

You walk into the building and through the lobby, following the bloody footprints into a corner and up a flight of emergency stairs toward the first level. You stop just before entering the first level, still on the stairs. The door to the first level has been propped open with a brick and you can see a bit more blood on the ground around the top of the stairs.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5244 on: August 11, 2012, 07:36:07 pm »

Hit him hard in the stomach.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5245 on: August 11, 2012, 08:25:57 pm »

it's a tarp

Kick the door open then immediately jump backward.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5246 on: August 11, 2012, 08:31:17 pm »

".... ..- .... | --- .... | .-- . .-.. .-.. | - . .-.. .-.. | .... .. -- | .-.. .- - . .-. | - .... . -. |"

((Translation: Huh. Oh well. Tell him later then.))

((OCC: It's a carp!))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5247 on: August 11, 2012, 10:12:07 pm »

See if there's someway that I can use synthflesh in the neck part of the helmet to help support the weight of this thing.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5248 on: August 12, 2012, 01:17:06 am »

it's a tarp

Kick the door open then immediately jump backward.
(the door is already open, held open with a brick. Its pretty widely open, almost all the way.)

See if there's someway that I can use synthflesh in the neck part of the helmet to help support the weight of this thing.
Does getting a synthflesh neck for yourself count?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5249 on: August 12, 2012, 02:04:47 am »

Drop to the ground, try to trip Roger.
Pages: 1 ... 348 349 [350] 351 352 ... 2101