_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5935421 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Asscrack:Nature's filing cabinet.
« Reply #5055 on: July 30, 2012, 07:16:58 pm »

(Why are all you on-mission people discussing the mission in the on-ship thread? :P We can discuss your various failures on our own without your input, thank you very much.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5056 on: August 01, 2012, 10:33:23 am »

Finish reading the last book, go to the AM and return it, then see if she doesn't have any other book on the subject.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #5057 on: August 01, 2012, 08:06:37 pm »

((Okay, this is the last day I'll be online before being offline for (I expect) about three weeks.))

While Lukas was resetting his VR, an error message popped up. Error! Genocide.dll not found! Lukas ended the simulation. "Huh? What is this shit? I better ask the doctor for an update of my software." Lukas exits the VR and heads to the infirmary to find the doctor. This is probably gonna take a while (hint, hint!).
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 10:05:43 pm by Prosperus »
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5058 on: August 01, 2012, 11:03:11 pm »

"Ah, I see. What would the price difference be from a normal human synthflesh body? And is it possible to put in additional modifications, like tougher skin, or skin that blends in to its surrounding, that sort of thing?"

>That all depends on what you want. Larger bodies mean more flesh mean more expensive, and if they don't have a pre-made genome to use to grow the thing and have to create one custom, that's even more.

As per additional things, sure, but they would be separate systems, not part of the flesh.

"Gurgle. Blub gurgle."

Examine skin.

((Oh god my skin isn't growing back, isn't it.))
Your skin looks like it's regrowing, though very slowly. It also looks a bit...odd. Very gray and very hard.

I figured something like that would happen, but there must be some material the monoatomic wire doesn't cut, right?  Otherwise how could it be manufactured and assembled?
It's pretty hard to handle even non-vibrating, but once it starts to vibrate then you really have problems. You need to have it held between two hard points.

((Well, the whole proceedure WAS a test. This might be how you are going to look like if the therapy is a success though, so it's hard to tell if it went wrong or right. You'll have to wait for the doc.))

"Right, so basically: Keep my heart, a bit of my lungs and my brain safe and I'll be more or less fine, give or take an inch or two around the heart for safety, and make sure to eat well while healing. Great. That's definately better than where I was before."

Bishop nodded and looked around, not seeing the asshole that tried to freak him out anywhere. He shrugged and left, heading to grab some new clothes and then heading to the mess hall.

"Huh. Guess he's still in therapy. Let me know the doc's results when he gets them, would you Steve? I'd like to know how well the new therapy went."

Get and wear new clothes then head to the mess hall and get a large and varied meal, making sure not to mash it all together when it's being served, cause that's gross.
You get a new set of clothing from the barracks before heading off to the mess hall and getting a heaping plate of food. You start shoveling it into your mouth and notice with a smile that you can feel your flesh knitting together a bit faster thanks to the added material from the food. It itches a bit.

(( I think the skin is going to grow back, though it will probably take some time which can't be affected by an effort of will alone - I believe that is what piecewise meant. Also, good news, it looks like they have some kind of storage for our body parts so that if you voluntarily give them up for an upgrade of sorts, they are still there in case you don't like your new body.
Or yes, maybe those are someone else's.

@piecewise Are we allowed to keep the 'free' equipment after we've purchased an upgrade replacing it? Such as could Milno keep his Mk I suit even though he bought a Mk III, or can Jim still have that robotic body (which is a whole lot of a problem to re-calibrate for a new user, after all, as he'd been told) after he switches it for a brand-new synth-flesh one? ))
You can as long as you don't sell it or anything.

Brother Lars sighed.  Perhaps he should try another, more realistic, simulation?

Load up Hunter or Poacher or whatever that other one was called.
Hunter or Prey?

((Wow, love is in the air at Bay12.))

Lukas resets the simulation so he can use his bullseye-mode and particle cannon again. He then spawns an idle tank a few hundred meters away from him, digs in and charges his particle cannon again.

Do the above

The chest one or the sniper rifle? I'll just tell you the effects of both:
Sniper: Nice molten hole about 3 feet wide straight through it.
Chest cannon: Tank disappears.

Finish reading the last book, go to the AM and return it, then see if she doesn't have any other book on the subject.
[Bonus: Samurai: +1 to all combat rolls related to fighting with a katana.]

What subject exactly? Sword fighting? Strategy? Esoteric eastern philosophies?

((Okay, this is the last day I'll be online before being offline for (I expect) about three weeks.))

While Lukas was resetting his VR, an error message popped up. Error! Genocide.dll not found! Lukas ended the simulation. "Huh? What is this shit? I better ask the doctor for an update of my software." Lukas exits the VR and heads to the infirmary to find the doctor. This is probably gonna take a while (hint, hint!).

After telling him about your problems that doctor opens a panel in your chest and proceeds to jam several wires into you before connecting you up to a hand held computer. He hits a button on the computer and a progress bar pops up.

UPDATING MURDERBOT(TM) SOFTWARE

.0001% complete.

Oh.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5059 on: August 01, 2012, 11:10:57 pm »

((Welcome back. And now we have a Pervert Samurai. God help us all.

Anyway, I think I could benefit from manuals about fighting with tricky weapons (no katanas), since Milno does have that alien gauntlet thing. The only reason I haven't tested it yet is because I'm afraid it'll use an exotic roll then [exotic: 1-1] and he explodes.

Though I'll have to test it sooner or later...))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5060 on: August 01, 2012, 11:29:27 pm »

(Do it in VR. :D)

"Ah, I see. I don't suppose they have any large dog genomes, would they? Like... German Shepherds, Great Danes, that sort of thing?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5061 on: August 01, 2012, 11:35:08 pm »

((It is alien and bizarre. I only didn't do it before leaving because I had the impression it wouldn't be there.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5062 on: August 01, 2012, 11:39:01 pm »

(Wouldn't hurt to give it a try. You could also try asking a scientist to program it in for you, if it isn't there.)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5063 on: August 01, 2012, 11:40:48 pm »

((It is alien and bizarre. I only didn't do it before leaving because I had the impression it wouldn't be there.))
((Y'know, we haven't explored what truly exists in the VR.

If I was the first to generate an accurate replica of the AM, and get humiliated by the defeat, so can you! [VR Exotic weapons]))

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5064 on: August 01, 2012, 11:42:32 pm »

((I was in the VR last right?  Anyways, do those manuals cost tokens?  I looked through the thread and I couldn't find any reference))

Exit out of VR.  If manuals are accessable by broke men like me, check out a book on the safe usage of Microwave Psychokinetic Amplifiers (If they have one).  If not, I have absolutely no idea what to do.  Cry and wait until the current mission is over, I guess.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 12:16:19 am by Baradine »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #5065 on: August 01, 2012, 11:46:34 pm »

Scrap the monoscalpel, then.  Disconnect myself from VR and go to see if I can get my spine back already.

(I had an idea for an extending/retracting titanium quarterstaff, using something like an umbrella mechanism to pop open and close, but couldn't figure it out.  Anyone want to pick up the idea?  There's not many situations where an extending rod isn't useful.)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5066 on: August 01, 2012, 11:55:55 pm »

(What, like Robin's staff in Arkham City? That would be pretty useful, especially the bullet shield part of it.)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5067 on: August 01, 2012, 11:56:56 pm »

(Wouldn't hurt to give it a try. You could also try asking a scientist to program it in for you, if it isn't there.)
((The GM just confirmed I won't find anything about it anywhere.))
>Yes?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5068 on: August 02, 2012, 12:01:58 am »

(It's probably Exotic, yeah. I guess you could give it to the guy with the highest Exotic Weapons Skill. You know. Me. :3)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #5069 on: August 02, 2012, 12:02:42 am »

(What, like Robin's staff in Arkham City? That would be pretty useful, especially the bullet shield part of it.)
(Yeah, that's where I got the idea.  I don't know if the shield is feasible, though.)
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 2101