_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5933286 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Place your bets
« Reply #4485 on: July 18, 2012, 09:34:52 pm »

((So...I'll be going on vacation tommorow and will need to go Empyrean mode. Would anyone like to adopt May for now?))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4486 on: July 18, 2012, 09:39:48 pm »

((Which reminds me- where does the name Einsteinian Roulette come from?  The fact that there's no way to beat the system?))

(Huh. That was an interesting - if sadly too short - read. Thanks for the link, Toaster. ^^^)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4487 on: July 18, 2012, 09:47:10 pm »

Bishop looked at the ceiling blankly.

"Who the hell is Thrak and Lukas? Describe both of them to me and I'll think about that bet you were talking about Steve."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4488 on: July 18, 2012, 10:00:03 pm »

((At least give her the hat, and candy, i want her to know were not all serial killers.))
We'll just assume she got the hat and a hard candy.

Open mouth to use tesla arc. Punch Thrak in the open part of his torso with left hand while using the cutting laser for extra damage.
Grab Lukas' right arm with own right arm, and attempt to sever with hand lasers.
[Thrak dex:1+1]
[lukas dex:6-2]
[Lukas con:5]
[Thrak end:4+1]
[Lukas dex:2-2]
Lukas' metallic jaw drops open as Thrak grabs at his arm and tendrils of current pour out and dance across Thrak's metallic skeleton and armor. Thrak falls back and convulses randomly as his systems overload and activate at random. Lukas attempts to take advantage of the situation and crush thrak with his monstrous fist, but ends up putting a giant fist shaped dent in the floor instead.

"Uhmm..." Charro stared blankly at the various materials the Armoury Master had oh-so-helpfully handed to him.
Wasn't this her job? Alas, it was so hard to get decent help these days. Naturally he didn't say that out loud.

"...Thanks. I think. Perhaps there is someone else on the mission with a talent for haberdashery? Because I would really have not a clue." He glanced about. There were a couple of people showing up at the counter... Couldn't hurt to try!
Also there was a rather dazed-looking young girl standing there. With that Milno fellow. Weird. Charro looked quizzically at them and made a mental note to find out just how the hell she'd ended up onboard a HMRC ship. Right now though, he had to hurry.

>Search the group of people hanging about the counter for any skilled hatmakers, persuade them to assemble throwing-blade-hat.
>Tell them to hurry up, since I need to get to the mission briefing.

>If no one is found, I will... Do it myself.

>Attention: Charro needs some help dressing himself. Please come to the armory if you are good with your hands and aren't afraid of bodily fluids.

Go to the armory and request some Bluesmoke cigarettes.

Loading that chemical shell was... unpleasant. At least I can take solace in the fact that whatever, or whoever, for that matter, gets hit by it, will have an even more unpleasant time.

Light up and try to find Doc Sanctor, he might be in the infirmary. Doctory kind of place to be.

((Jim, I hope you've got the tokens for the modifications... and don't mind having a plate bolted into your arms...))
You get yourself a pack of cigarettes and light one up as you head to the infirmary, finding Doctor Sanctor over by Mesk's bed, along with jim.

((At least give her the hat, and candy, i want her to know were not all serial killers.))
((My friend, you only say that because you haven't yet entered the web of madness surrounding the ones who survive long enough.))

Milno stares at the girl before shifting his gaze back to the armory master.
"Thanks. Ah, she also seems to have a strong desire for vengeance."

Then his eyes go back to the cupcake. He holds it in one hand, as if examining it.
"Do you happen to have a knife?"

Get a simple knife from the armory master, cut the cupcake in half and take a bite at one of the halves. Check if it tastes like poison, death, tranquilizers or the soft flesh of an human arm. If it actually happens to taste good, give the girl the other half then deliver her to the armory master right and proper.

"I'll be back in some time, I got questions about that automated manipulator you talked about before."

Leave to the VR Machines afterwards and check every single program or feature the MkIII may be hiding. Also ask Steve if anyone created any weapon recently.

>Simus created a grenade launcher that fires grenades full of horrible, poisonous, burning death. Be sure to duck.

You get a plastic knife from the armory master and proceed to cut the cupcake in half and take a bite out of it. Tastes like cupcakes. Fair enough. You hand her the other half and finish off your piece. She takes the cupcake and looks at you with an inscrutable expression, but eats it none the less. You pat her head and pass her off to the armory master who takes her hand and takes her into the back.

"Come on, we'll take you somewhere nice." You hear her say as the door closes.

That done, you head to the VR machines and pull up a MK III and take a look at it.
[int:5]
You discover Enhanced Movement Mode (EMM), a mode that increases both your strength and dexterity at the cost of burning through your fuel.

"But, Lukas at least seemed nice. Never met Thrak, but I can't imagine what'd make them want to kill each other."

>They have their reasons, I'm sure.

((Sorry, was busy.

Oh hey, I just realized. Do I have cameyes? If not, what do my eyes look like?))
You just have a camera for eyes, not cameyes, just a standard camera. You don't even really have eyes where the eyes should be.

((Which reminds me- where does the name Einsteinian Roulette come from?  The fact that there's no way to beat the system?))

That, and the lesson of thinking laterally, plus the Einsteinian physics concept of time dilation, and the similarity to "Russian Roulette".   

Bishop looked at the ceiling blankly.

"Who the hell is Thrak and Lukas? Describe both of them to me and I'll think about that bet you were talking about Steve."

>Well, they're both terrible robotic killing machines created by the doctor. Lukas is a huge, massively strong and resistant juggernaut filled with guns. Thrak is a speedy, melee focused thing, with a 3 foot cleaver and a human face strapped to his head.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4489 on: July 18, 2012, 10:06:12 pm »

"Pfeh. Thank God I'M normal," Jim said, shaking his head at Steve's announcement. And he didn't need to dress himself, either. He waited to see what Mesk would say in response and looked at the new woman who entered. I guess they have to let more of us out since the dam incident. Sucks for her, whoever she is...
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4490 on: July 18, 2012, 10:06:32 pm »

Well, Sanctor, that grenade may have been a little trouble, but I didn't incinerate myself.

Simus glances at the company, and spots Jim.

Well, I'll be, a full-body prosthetic? Now you're an unusual sight, especially with those arms. Though, I guess I can't say much, can I, being about three quarters metal to flesh myself.

Come to think of it, those arms look a lot like the ones I saw in VR, synthflesh or something like that. I was trying to make an attachment system for weapons in them, and it was harder than I thought it would be, they act a lot like regular tissue, you can't just punch holes in them...
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 10:11:18 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4491 on: July 18, 2012, 10:09:07 pm »

Jim nodded in response. "I got the body after the first mission I pulled here. Technically I died creating an entry point for the rest of my squad. The arms are a trophy from a rampaging cyborg. They were better than my previous ones." Jim shrugged, a rather expressive gesture considering the size of his shoulders and arms. "People call me Jim. You?"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4492 on: July 18, 2012, 10:12:11 pm »

Faith sighed in resignation. Apparently there was nothing she could do to stop two people killing each other for cryptic reasons.

Trudge to AM. Purchase cutting torch. Ask if some sort of satchel, or the stuff to make a satchel, is free.

If not, head to VR machine and attempt to create something similar to the Doctor's bat, but with only one working side.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 10:22:53 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4493 on: July 18, 2012, 10:14:37 pm »

Simulacrus Ferratum-Inanis, but most people just call me Simus.

First mission and you had to get that? That's... rough, but it could be worse, I suppose.

And as for those arms, trophy as they are, being better than standard, I'm not surprised, I saw them in VR. Hell, they're a pain to modify, that's for sure, but they're certainly better than human equivalent.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 01:21:56 pm by PyroDesu »

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4494 on: July 18, 2012, 10:19:07 pm »

Lukas was getting a bit annoyed. He wanted this to be over. "Will you die already?"

Shoot Thrak with the gauss gatling gun in the exposed part of his torso. Try to have the laser drones do the same (do I have that kind of control over them?) Keep using the tesla arc if necessary.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 10:23:37 pm by Prosperus »
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #4495 on: July 18, 2012, 10:27:06 pm »

"Oh.  Hey.  Jim.  I don't need anything from you, no.  But... no, never mind."
He turns to the new arrival and gives a bloody grin.
"Well, hello there.  I'm the Kickboxing Doctor.  Pleasure to meet you."

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4496 on: July 18, 2012, 10:27:43 pm »

>Well, they're both terrible robotic killing machines created by the doctor. Lukas is a huge, massively strong and resistant juggernaut filled with guns. Thrak is a speedy, melee focused thing, with a 3 foot cleaver and a human face strapped to his head. [/color]

((Yes, Lukas now looks a little bit like this:
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4497 on: July 18, 2012, 10:32:02 pm »

Sounds like you'd be the one Sanctor was referring to when he said some of the medics here have unorthodox methods, what with your little nickname.

I'm not quite sure I'd want to hear how you got it, though the connotations of it are fairly obvious.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4498 on: July 18, 2012, 10:40:09 pm »

((@GM: What are the unprotected areas (as in lacking real armor) of Milno's pelvis to head area, without taking limbs in account?))

Milno grins. Now that he has searched and discovered every feature the MkIII seems to offer, it is time to take care of the rest of the business.
"Well, what substance does that grenade launcher use?" he asked, already predicting fiery trouble coming the way of the team due to the newcomer's invention.

If Steve tells which substance it is, search if there is any spray capable of creating a layer of oxide or any isolating material (which works against said chemical) on the surface it is applied to. Estimate the price of the pieces needed to complete the protection from layer to pelvis with the same material from the other plates, or if needed, a flexible material of similar or equal resilience.

Lastly, check existing suits for a) anything that may be a more recent, upgraded version of the MkIII and b) something resilient retaining a small bulk (think Gantz' "hard suit") or the needed materials for such.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 10:49:32 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4499 on: July 18, 2012, 10:42:11 pm »

"Sorry bro, not today.  I have a forever to live."

Give Lukas a taste of his own medicine via left-hand tesla, then repeat attempt to sever his right arm via right hand lasers.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 2101