_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5933935 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Hightech death machines before hos
« Reply #4155 on: July 15, 2012, 02:01:16 am »

Thomas disengages the VR and obtains non-hospital gown clothes from AM. Afterwards, he sends May a message.
"Can we go talk somewhere private? I have some things to say about my past, and I'm pretty sure the others aren't interested."
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 02:13:01 am by Spinal_Taper »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4156 on: July 15, 2012, 02:01:53 am »

((Perhaps I'll blow up half the team, perhaps I'll keep half the team from such a fate, it's all up to the dice. More likely both will happen at the same time, though, blasting half of 'em while trying to blow up whatever's trying to kill them.))

Now, was that 2/3 tokens for a kilo or a half kilo block?

The impact fuse should be calibrated to.. well, any impact after the grenade has gotten 5 meters away from the launcher. Also attempt to modify the ClF3 'nade to have an impact fuse to pierce the chemical resevoir, and that fuse should only arm after 7.5 meters.

Load up another fresh, empty shell and put a 30mmx41mm rod of Aster-EX in the center, surrounding it with lengths of razor wire to fill the rest of the shell. Impact fuse the same as the High-EX grenade. Test by firing into a group of 5 MkIIIs.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 03:49:30 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4157 on: July 15, 2012, 02:09:00 am »

((Perhaps a bit further from the rifle would be better where explosives are concerned? 1 meter is point blank and if you accidently fire and hit the ground for example, then you would probably blast yourself to bits.

Might want to think about that...))

Bishop's hands begin shaking again and the aches start coming back in his joints and bones. He bends over slightly, cringing with the agony in his mind. That's when he made up his mind.

"Alright, I'll take the quick treatment. If I go cold turkey, odds are that I will probably loose my mind from this shit, and it's the only thing that's keeping me alive in missions. I can't risk loosing it. God help me, I'll take the treatment."

Take the treatment for curing addiction. Prepare for the worst.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4158 on: July 15, 2012, 02:21:38 am »

((Perhaps a bit further from the rifle would be better where explosives are concerned? 1 meter is point blank and if you accidently fire and hit the ground for example, then you would probably blast yourself to bits.

((Good point. Edited to 5 meters. And on the same thought, I really, really, REALLY don't want a ClF3 grenade going off near me, so impact fuse set to 7.5 meters.

I think I'll have a similar shell to my beehive one that detonates almost right as it leaves the barrel. A lot less explosive in it though, and the explosive that's in it will be reshaped, but more shrapnel. It'll turn the thing into a 50mm shotgun.))
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 03:50:38 am by PyroDesu »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4159 on: July 15, 2012, 02:28:41 am »

"Pretty lights, but not too effective as a rifle. Maybe a grenade? Gonna have to explore that later. Let's abandon this for the time being, and get this rifle fixed up right. Might get a cloaking device too."

Head to the armory.

"Hello. I was wondering if you could enhance my rifle by moving the emmiter to the front, and having two rows of focusing chambers on top of each other, with a mirror to redirect the beam into the row on top. I would like to do it myself, but you would probably do it much better than I would."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4160 on: July 15, 2012, 03:57:20 am »

The armory master shrugs. "Dunno, but it can't be good. He's not the type of guy to do something for nothing. And he did a whole lot'a something to you."

Lukas shrugs it off. Not because he doesn't care, but because he doesn't want to think about it. "I guess i'll know soon enough. Can you give me those cables? And do you have data that will let me upload the customized weapons that the doc made for me? Thanks, by the way."

Get cables, try to get data for custom weapons and go to a VR machine.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #4161 on: July 15, 2012, 06:53:51 am »

"thank you very much"
Mason hands The A.M. the tokens (if he can afford it) then he asks.
"Can i have a fedora, i appear to have lost mine"
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4162 on: July 15, 2012, 07:18:43 am »

"How does the computer in the LESHO rifle work, and how does it help in accuracy? What would be the initial statistics of my proposal on that modified gauss rifle?

On the BEC, I was just wondering if it were possible to introduce cryogenic weaponry."

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #4163 on: July 15, 2012, 10:00:55 am »

Climb up the intact pipes if possible, then slowly move away from the smoke.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4164 on: July 15, 2012, 10:36:44 am »

Thomas disengages the VR and obtains non-hospital gown clothes from AM. Afterwards, he sends May a message.
"Can we go talk somewhere private? I have some things to say about my past, and I'm pretty sure the others aren't interested."

"Oh, story time!"

Disengage the VR and go to Thomas.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4165 on: July 15, 2012, 11:33:19 am »

"What kind of clothing ya want?"

((Perhaps I'll blow up half the team, perhaps I'll keep half the team from such a fate, it's all up to the dice. More likely both will happen at the same time, though, blasting half of 'em while trying to blow up whatever's trying to kill them.))

Now, was that 2/3 tokens for a kilo or a half kilo block?

The impact fuse should be calibrated to.. well, any impact after the grenade has gotten 5 meters away from the launcher. Also attempt to modify the ClF3 'nade to have an impact fuse to pierce the chemical resevoir, and that fuse should only arm after 7.5 meters.

Load up another fresh, empty shell and put a 30mmx41mm rod of Aster-EX in the center, surrounding it with lengths of razor wire to fill the rest of the shell. Impact fuse the same as the High-EX grenade. Test by firing into a group of 5 MkIIIs.
It's 2 token for a kilo brick with a "short" range transmitter, 3 for a longer one. Short one is pretty much just good enough that you can get far enough away not to get blown up. And the explosives are sold in 1 kilo bricks, so ya can't get a 1/2 kilo brick.

As per that force trigger, there's a bit of a sticking point with setting it to the force at a certain distance. Finding that force out, or at least a good approximation is easy, the program can do that for you. The problem is how to get the trigger to actually work. That problem is mulit-fold.

First, the energy of the projectile and the force it imparts isn't really gonna change all that much along it's flight in most circumstances. Gravity will bring it down long before air resistance slows it. This make differentiating distance via force rather difficult.

Second, a purely mechanical trigger will mean that the shell will detonate at anything above the set force as well,  rendering it dangerous only within that range. Not exactly helpful.

Now, you could install the electronics needed to make it realize that it's left the barrel and traveled a certain distance, and then arm, but that will make the shells more expensive. Alternately you could go with a old WWII standard: Install a small propeller in  the front that would spin as the round flew, arming the system after a certain distance. Problem with that being that it only works in areas with atmosphere.

Bishop's hands begin shaking again and the aches start coming back in his joints and bones. He bends over slightly, cringing with the agony in his mind. That's when he made up his mind.

"Alright, I'll take the quick treatment. If I go cold turkey, odds are that I will probably loose my mind from this shit, and it's the only thing that's keeping me alive in missions. I can't risk loosing it. God help me, I'll take the treatment."

Take the treatment for curing addiction. Prepare for the worst.
"Alright." The Doctor gestures toward the door into the back room and at the same time indicates that Faith should follow him as well.

"Pretty lights, but not too effective as a rifle. Maybe a grenade? Gonna have to explore that later. Let's abandon this for the time being, and get this rifle fixed up right. Might get a cloaking device too."

Head to the armory.

"Hello. I was wondering if you could enhance my rifle by moving the emmiter to the front, and having two rows of focusing chambers on top of each other, with a mirror to redirect the beam into the row on top. I would like to do it myself, but you would probably do it much better than I would."
"I can take a look at it, but I'm not gonna work on it for free." The armory master says, resting her book on the counter and holding her place with a finger.

The armory master shrugs. "Dunno, but it can't be good. He's not the type of guy to do something for nothing. And he did a whole lot'a something to you."

Lukas shrugs it off. Not because he doesn't care, but because he doesn't want to think about it. "I guess i'll know soon enough. Can you give me those cables? And do you have data that will let me upload the customized weapons that the doc made for me? Thanks, by the way."

Get cables, try to get data for custom weapons and go to a VR machine.
The armory master shrugs and takes your weapons from you, grunting a bit as she hefts the oversized things off the counter one by one, inspecting them.

"First one is just a gauss shotgun with blackshot. Pretty standard, the civic defenders use em, but in more human sizes."

She puts the shotgun on the counter and grabs the rifle.

"This one is a Gauss Assault rifle. They give em to battlesuits sometimes." She pops open the magazine and looks inside. "With a magazine full of redshot. Thats nasty."

She puts the Rifle back down and takes a look at the sniper rifle, leaving it on the counter this time.

"This one is custom. Energy based." she says as she flips it over and runs her hands along it. "Very high powered. I think it's based on a particle condenser rifle, but those haven't been used in hundreds of years. You can look em up in the vr, but don't be surprised if they're not in there. They're a weird old weapon."

She hands you a few cables. "Just plug em into the vr machine and hope that you have the ports you need built into that lump of metal you call a head. "

"thank you very much"
Mason hands The A.M. the tokens (if he can afford it) then he asks.
"Can i have a fedora, i appear to have lost mine"
She hands you a Microwave field manipulator and takes 3 tokens from you.

"Ain't got a fedora. Got a bowler hat though."

"How does the computer in the LESHO rifle work, and how does it help in accuracy? What would be the initial statistics of my proposal on that modified gauss rifle?

On the BEC, I was just wondering if it were possible to introduce cryogenic weaponry."

>The computer on the lesho rifle is connected to both the scope and to the bullets themselves. Each bullet has a set of maneuvering rockets that the computer controls. Thats how it guides the shots.  As per your rifle, I don't know because we haven't worked out any of the details.

And as per the cryogenic weapon, it wouldn't work against people in suits, since they're designed to take that sort of cold, though it could freeze them in place if did it right. And if you just want something cold to use against non-suited targets, then a billionth of a degree above absolute zero is a bit overkill.

Climb up the intact pipes if possible, then slowly move away from the smoke.
[dex:5] You scramble up the pipes and hold on as the sludge smokes, smolders and finally burns with a eerie greenish flame. It's burning rather slowly, and spreading, but shows no sign of stopping.

"Oh, story time!"

Disengage the VR and go to Thomas.
You wander into the armory and meet up with Thomas.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #4166 on: July 15, 2012, 11:41:05 am »

"That will do thanks"
Mason waves as he plops a bowler on his head, he then heads towards the VR machine to edit his bowler.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4167 on: July 15, 2012, 11:43:04 am »

Charro fiddles around with that idea a little longer, losing inspiration as boredom set in.
Eventually he just moves on to a new, still hat-related project.

>Go ahead with the telescopic tophat, but remove the cloth lining- can always just wear that seperately, like a coif.

>Then, save my progress on that and try a new design, this time attempting to make the hat into a sort of bellows which can be removed from the head and used to pump poison gas/acid vapour at enemies.

"I can kinda see why this program has become so popular. This is... Fun."

((@Anailater: ...Hey! >:( I'm the one working on impractical hat-based weaponry, dangit!
At this rate the AM's entire collection is going to be modified in bizarre ways. How 'bout a bladed bicone hat?
One of those propeller-hat-thingies with a *gasp* actual propeller? Endless possibilities...))
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 11:52:01 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #4168 on: July 15, 2012, 11:47:07 am »

Note to self, get a virtual mission control next time. Gorat is aware that he probably could get one right now anyway, but it wasn't in the parameters he had set for himself.

Move away from the fire.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4169 on: July 15, 2012, 12:46:50 pm »

((Hmm... I could go with a chemical fuse that arms the impact detonator after a specific flight period...

The question is, how to implement such effectively..?))
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 2101