_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5930921 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Everyone is a Omnicidal idiot.
« Reply #3465 on: July 01, 2012, 05:08:35 pm »

"Question!  Why not just carpet nuke the area?"
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 05:42:54 pm by Remalle »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3466 on: July 01, 2012, 05:37:54 pm »

((Those poor, poor bastards. First an elite serial killer and now the HMRC proper?

This is clearly the wrath of their god.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3467 on: July 01, 2012, 05:41:23 pm »

In the system already..? Could it be somehow connected to whatever the mission objective of the current mission is?
Those Shade cloaks, can they emulate the appearance of a suit? What are the limits of the alterations? Do the cloak parts keep the assumed look when damaged or outright severed?
Does the bounty for his capture differ from the one for just killing him?
Now, how do we know for sure that serial killer is your guy? Or, on the other hand, can you be sure that he did go rogue, and is not faking it or whatever - perhaps to get captured alive and interrogated for sure (you know, instead of being quietly disposed of or something like that)?
Oh, and is there any way to resist the oganic override?
And the last one: in the whole community, is there anyone who we must strive to protect? And/or who is likely to be the target (to be killed or taken hostage, possibly also assuming that person's identity) of the killer we are looking for? Someone of importance and authority?

EDIT: After a small pause, doctor Sanctor adds:
Is there any known way to disrupt the working of the shade cloak? Can it resist an EMP, for example?

Oh, and as for the carpet nuking, I have a guess: they need at least his brain for whatever nefarious ways of retrieving information from it they have - which probably include the possibility of reviving him just to interrogate. Abominable, but effective  - the way of the UWM.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 06:03:50 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3468 on: July 01, 2012, 06:01:15 pm »

Go to the Armory, Buy a MK II suit and return to the briefing room before the mission briefing starts.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3469 on: July 01, 2012, 06:21:15 pm »

Go to the Armory, Buy a MK II suit and return to the briefing room before the mission briefing starts.
((Too late, it already started.))
((@GM: I may have something to do before being shipped to fight a government assassin.))
"So after everyone is killed by him they'll resort to bombing and other more extreme solutions, heh?"
Milno crosses his arms behind his head in the shuttle after locking both gauss rifles and Thomas' laser rifle on his suit. Fighting against an especialized killer who acts like a chameleon and who'll use his equipment to control their minds. Great.

"I think it is needless to say we'll have to stick together at all times. I may decide to fly above the group just in case, but you get the idea. Stay together and I'll hover above you for as long as I have fuel."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3470 on: July 01, 2012, 06:24:16 pm »

In the system already..? Could it be somehow connected to whatever the mission objective of the current mission is?
Those Shade cloaks, can they emulate the appearance of a suit? What are the limits of the alterations? Do the cloak parts keep the assumed look when damaged or outright severed?
Does the bounty for his capture differ from the one for just killing him?
Now, how do we know for sure that serial killer is your guy? Or, on the other hand, can you be sure that he did go rogue, and is not faking it or whatever - perhaps to get captured alive and interrogated for sure (you know, instead of being quietly disposed of or something like that)?
Oh, and is there any way to resist the oganic override?
And the last one: in the whole community, is there anyone who we must strive to protect? And/or who is likely to be the target (to be killed or taken hostage, possibly also assuming that person's identity) of the killer we are looking for? Someone of importance and authority?

>Their cloaks could take the appearance of a suit, yes, their limits are only their size. They could look like anyone of reasonable size, no 9 foot tall giants or supremely obese people, but anyone other then that. It will continue to look the same if it is severed, but only on one side.

He's worth more to us alive, but don't let that stop you.

We've got eye witness reports of the killer "Changing his face" and "becoming a different person" before their eyes. Combine that with the fact that this man vanished from the vicinity and we've got a pretty good idea. As per any thing else like that, we don't know. We just know he has to be  stopped, and we're going to stop him.

Force of will can stave off the effects for a while, but you can't stop your own brain chemistry for long.

The community doesn't keep very good records, otherwise we'd have blueprints of the homes for you. Likewise we don't know much about any of the people living around there. If he's going after anyone specific, we don't know anything about it.

"Question!  Why not just bomb the site?"
>The UWM doesn't exactly like to admit that its elite soldiers occasionally go feral, so we try to keep this sort of thing quiet. Nuking a small down for no publicly announced reason isn't exactly a good way to do that.

Little bit late, bro.

You get it anyways. And now you're broke and have no weapon.

((Too late, it already started.))
((@GM: I may have something to do before being shipped to fight a government assassin.))
"So after everyone is killed by him they'll resort to bombing and other more extreme solutions, heh?"
Milno crosses his arms behind his head in the shuttle after locking both gauss rifles and Thomas' laser rifle on his suit. Fighting against an especialized killer who acts like a chameleon and who'll use his equipment to control their minds. Great.

"I think it is needless to say we'll have to stick together at all times. I may decide to fly above the group just in case, but you get the idea. Stay together and I'll hover above you for as long as I have fuel."
You can do it if you do it fast.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3471 on: July 01, 2012, 06:47:31 pm »

Then severing - or just damaging - looks the best option. Say, we make a cut on a finger (or, lets say, on an upper arm or the back - for sure) of the person we want to check, and if there doesn't appear anything on the meaty side of the cut - well, he can go get it bandaged.

Also, in the worst case scenario, it might be an unknown entity, with the ability to change the face and become a different person, armed to the teeth, and the real agent is either help captive or dead. Oh, and there might be unknown number of the serial killers hiding behind that mask. ...A doppelganger village.
Maurice chuckled dryly, and then his usual warm smile returned.
I hope we all survive the mission, and I will do my best to achieve that. Oh, and for that I'll need to buy some additional supplies. See you all in the shuttle!
Run to the armory and return the manual (thank the armory master on the fly). Then get to the infirmary.
Okay, sorry, I'll need to be quick - let us have a nice long talk when I return, okay? Doc, do you have any medical leftovers or, say, a couple of spare medi-foam cans I could buy?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3472 on: July 01, 2012, 06:55:39 pm »

((Argh, connection issues.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3473 on: July 01, 2012, 07:13:55 pm »

((So? Where are Thomas and May? I thinkd it'd be safe to assume that they aren't going on this mission.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3474 on: July 01, 2012, 07:18:05 pm »

"Hey, I saved Lukas' life!" Faith protested to Steve, well aware that he probably didn't consider that a valuable contribution in the slightest.

Gently hobble around the ship, looking for NPC recruits to interact with.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3475 on: July 01, 2012, 07:24:50 pm »

((So? Where are Thomas and May? I thinkd it'd be safe to assume that they aren't going on this mission.))
You're both sitting around in the infirmary. And actually May could have, if the roster wasn't full. Her wounds were such that they were easy to fix. Thomas...less so. He's basically a terminator now, as far as innards go. Metal on the outside with a layer of living tissue on the out side.

Then severing - or just damaging - looks the best option. Say, we make a cut on a finger (or, lets say, on an upper arm or the back - for sure) of the person we want to check, and if there doesn't appear anything on the meaty side of the cut - well, he can go get it bandaged.

Also, in the worst case scenario, it might be an unknown entity, with the ability to change the face and become a different person, armed to the teeth, and the real agent is either help captive or dead. Oh, and there might be unknown number of the serial killers hiding behind that mask. ...A doppelganger village.
Maurice chuckled dryly, and then his usual warm smile returned.
I hope we all survive the mission, and I will do my best to achieve that. Oh, and for that I'll need to buy some additional supplies. See you all in the shuttle!
Run to the armory and return the manual (thank the armory master on the fly). Then get to the infirmary.
Okay, sorry, I'll need to be quick - let us have a nice long talk when I return, okay? Doc, do you have any medical leftovers or, say, a couple of spare medi-foam cans I could buy?
He hands you over 3 can of medifoam for your remaining tokens.

"Hey, I saved Lukas' life!" Faith protested to Steve, well aware that he probably didn't consider that a valuable contribution in the slightest.

Gently hobble around the ship, looking for NPC recruits to interact with.
> I'll let you know when crippled convicts are considered valuable.

You get out of bed and hobble around. You see someone you don't recognize sitting in a vr machine in the rec room.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3476 on: July 01, 2012, 07:25:33 pm »

((I suspect I may be responsible for civvie casualties.  Really not my type of mission... not that most of us are.  Also, at which point do we switch to the mission thread?))

Thrak nodded, clearly convinced of his own invincibility.

"You got it, compu-bro!  Peace out, Stevo!"

Thrak jumped up and ran to the armory.  He had an idea from what he saw earlier...

"Hey Armory dudette, got a question for ya..."

Head to the armory and inquire if a kinetic amp can be affixed to the cleaver (or to my hand to enhance the cleaver).  Failing that, see if it's compatible with self in any other way.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #3477 on: July 01, 2012, 07:28:43 pm »

Lukas wandered off to the armory. He really needed a drink. That mission was a complete disaster for him. He never felt so useless in his life. "Hello miss, can I have a bottle of the strongest liquor you got here? As long as it is not strong enough to do any permanent damage that is. And hell, give me some cigarettes too if that is okay." Lukas just realized that Cog had not yet returned his crystalline projector. "Steve, can you tell me where Cog is? He still has something of mine."

Go to armory master and ask for liquor and cigarettes.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 08:25:07 pm by Prosperus »
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3478 on: July 01, 2012, 07:32:55 pm »

((FFFFUUUU-- Aw. I missed the mission. :-\ Guess it might be time to try out one a' them Virtual Reality thingamajigs...
Good luck mission people! Clearly you should go with Nikitian's suggestion (Your posts are much easier to read with the new colour by the way) and turn every citizen of the village into an amputee. :) ))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3479 on: July 01, 2012, 07:37:08 pm »

Thank you.
Take the cans and get to the shuttle. (don't forget the Mk I suit)

(( Each can is one use worth, right?
Also, I'm curious, what would Nekarios get for that mission if he completed it in a revivable state? Because, well, he did destroy the AALC towers and wipe all of the rebel forces in the immediate vicinity  ;)
@Prosperus He has already done that, if I recall correctly. Check your suit's storage compartments. ))
Past Sigs
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 2101