_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5933207 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Now on TVTropes
« Reply #3315 on: June 28, 2012, 07:38:31 pm »

((I'll remote her. What should she do?))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3316 on: June 28, 2012, 07:54:30 pm »

Jim just scrambled away and got to his feet. Maybe once he was up he would stand a better chance.

(Actually, I'll just help Mesk and maybe try one of the other simulations.)

Jim logged out and heard Mesk shouting about needing to be plugged in, so he went over to help him out.
"Hey, can anyone hear me?  I need to get into the VR Tinker thing!  I'm going to revolutionize medical, uh, stuff, I mean, science, here, but I'm too immobile to do it by myself.  Who wants to be a part of history!?  Guys?"
Keep waiting for someone to come along and plug me in.

Jim cleverly escapes losing the game by helping mesk get plugged into a VR machine.

Fit the blade into a switchblade (or switchblade-like) housing, then mount it on the top of the simulated prosthetic's wrist.

As well, create a version that can be mounted on a suit's wrist plate, and one mounted in a synthflesh arm.
What kind of system would you like to use to propel and retract the blade? And how should you trigger it to extend and contract?

Well, that didn't work. I'm going to need some serious practice with this thing.

"Hey Steve, is there any sort of manual or guide for manipulators in general? Even if it's just a list of tips thrown together by some of the past... soldiers in here, I'd be interested in seeing it."

Debug mode: Make the microwave manipulator infinite uses, reset the simulation, and then enter the building normally.

>No manuals or guides I know of, but you could try asking someone who uses them. Or just experiment with them yourself.

(when you say infinite uses do you mean infinite battery or infinite "Mind points" so you don't become mentally exhausted and make mistakes?

Go to the cafeteria and take a meal of all available dishes numbered two. Look around to see who else is in that room (hall?).
(( Also, I don't assume we know of the updates to the armory lists, right? ))
You go to the cafeteria and press 2 on every category. The machine gives you a piece of brownish meat, a side that looks something like cornbread, but blue, a glass of amber liquid and a brownie thing for dessert.

As it dispenses your lunch you take a look around the room. There's a robot helping a man in a hospital bed get wired into a vr machine, another man watching tv in the corner, and lots of people on the VR machines. There's also another person sitting in the mess hall area eating a brownie.

"Ooh, brownie." April took an experimental bite.

((ACTUAL THINGS HAPPENING IS FOR LOSERS, DESSERT TESTING ALL THE WAY!))
You take a bite. It tastes strange...not bad but strange. You expected chocolate but it's more like caramel with a mildly sour aftertaste. Strange.

Thrak slaps the doctor on the back.

"Brah, this is what I came here for!  I know you dudes have the cutting-edge crazy alien whacko tech going on, and I want in on it.  This outdated human body is a dead end, mang.  I know I can be better than this- ya dig?"

Thrak heads in without a second thought.
The doctor nods and motions you to follow him. You both walk through the doors at the back of the infirmary and down a unassuming white hallway that is lined with equally unassuming white doors.

"What are you good at?" The doctor asks as you continue down the hall.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3317 on: June 28, 2012, 07:56:39 pm »

((Combat simulations with the monoatomic switchblade I'm making, kinetic amps, lasers, and gauss rifles.

I'll probably get on a good bit when I can, so remote isn't needed, but if it is, I'll post something. It's just that it's a pain to try and be posting from my mobile, but there should be public computers.))

Similar system to a switchblade... running parallel with the spine and fixed at the butt is a tapering steel bar, which is depressed by the blunt part of the blade (ricasso) (The area below the monoatomic filament) when it is closed. A pin locates in an indentation on the ricasso and keeps the knife closed. Pushing the button lifts the pin and allows the blade to flick out. The blade automatically locks in the open position, because another pin on the back of the blade engages with a hole on the spine of the knife. Pushing down on the guard lifts the spine and releases the blade so it can be closed.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 07:59:11 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3318 on: June 28, 2012, 07:58:19 pm »

Just message me when to start.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3319 on: June 28, 2012, 08:14:11 pm »

Jim cleverly escapes losing the game by helping mesk get plugged into a VR machine.

(I see our GM isn't afraid to call us out on our bullshit as soon as we start in on it. XD Let's see. There's Tinker, Battle of Hebraxis, Punch Many Things, and custom sims. Am I missing anything?)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3320 on: June 28, 2012, 08:15:16 pm »

((Duel))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3321 on: June 28, 2012, 08:20:33 pm »

((I meant infinite battery.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3322 on: June 28, 2012, 08:22:33 pm »

(Not sure what I want to try. I guess I'll post again when I can think of something. ^^^;
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3323 on: June 28, 2012, 08:23:20 pm »

"Thanks Jim."
Load up Tinker.  Remember how to use it.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3324 on: June 28, 2012, 08:31:47 pm »

((This reminds me of a question I've been wondering about but never thought the answer was far enough from "No" to ask:

Are there NPC convicts/recruits we can interact with on the ship? It's sort of been implied that the HMRC is composed of a rather large number of people at any one time, but we never get to see them except when they're being shot out of the sky. Is that intentional or just because nobody's tried?))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3325 on: June 28, 2012, 08:34:34 pm »

((@IronyOwl: After the first mission, there were NPC Convicts in the briefing room.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3326 on: June 28, 2012, 08:35:22 pm »

((@IronyOwl: After the first mission, there were NPC Convicts in the briefing room.))
((Oh yeah. Don't think they did or said anything, though, and I think that's the only time.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3327 on: June 28, 2012, 08:47:10 pm »

Thrak scratches his head as he looks around the infirmity.  What was he good at?  Not much, really- it wasn't that he was bad at anything, but there wasn't anything he was particularly good at.  Back before he realized that the human form was a dead end, he tried to hone himself to perfection.  He had signed up for some martial arts classes, but didn't really stick through them to the end.  He didn't have any useful technical skills- his only post-high school education was reading through a surgery textbook in an attempt to augment his hand.  The only result of that was its complete replacement by a real doctor.  In hindsight, getting drunk as a painkiller probably wasn't the smartest move.

He had read enough on the 'net about transhuman studies to be fairly knowledgeable in its potential- he just had no real practical application.

"Well, I've got a halfass good punch, and I'm a bit quicker than the average bro.  Ain't anything special, yo, but I got some decent footwork, yeah?  I read some stuff on what can be done with all those funky alien gizmos, but I've never, ya know, seen one.  Like, a real one.  That give you some ideas, bro?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3328 on: June 28, 2012, 08:48:36 pm »

(I think they were there because they were on the mission. It's reasonable to assume everyone without a name - as it were - is still in cryo until needed.)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3329 on: June 28, 2012, 09:15:31 pm »

((Combat simulations with the monoatomic switchblade I'm making, kinetic amps, lasers, and gauss rifles.

I'll probably get on a good bit when I can, so remote isn't needed, but if it is, I'll post something. It's just that it's a pain to try and be posting from my mobile, but there should be public computers.))

Similar system to a switchblade... running parallel with the spine and fixed at the butt is a tapering steel bar, which is depressed by the blunt part of the blade (ricasso) (The area below the monoatomic filament) when it is closed. A pin locates in an indentation on the ricasso and keeps the knife closed. Pushing the button lifts the pin and allows the blade to flick out. The blade automatically locks in the open position, because another pin on the back of the blade engages with a hole on the spine of the knife. Pushing down on the guard lifts the spine and releases the blade so it can be closed.
In reality all I needed to know is if you wanted to use a mechanical system or something more complex like magnets or something.

(I see our GM isn't afraid to call us out on our bullshit as soon as we start in on it. XD Let's see. There's Tinker, Battle of Hebraxis, Punch Many Things, and custom sims. Am I missing anything?)
There's Poacher.

((I meant infinite battery.))
You restart the simulation with infinite battery and walk right through the main doors. The white marble lobby within is lined with columns and replicas of statues from extreme antiquity; it's got a very "I paid a lot of money to look sophisticated" look to it. There's an elevator in both of the back corners of the room and a security desk between them. A man in a dark blue uniform is sitting at the desk, staring directly at you.

"Thanks Jim."
Load up Tinker.  Remember how to use it.

You load up tinker. If you remember right it's a work bench and floating lists of parts all sitting in the middle of a white expanse of nothing, but that never really comes into play since you can just talk to the computer and get anything made like that.

Thrak scratches his head as he looks around the infirmity.  What was he good at?  Not much, really- it wasn't that he was bad at anything, but there wasn't anything he was particularly good at.  Back before he realized that the human form was a dead end, he tried to hone himself to perfection.  He had signed up for some martial arts classes, but didn't really stick through them to the end.  He didn't have any useful technical skills- his only post-high school education was reading through a surgery textbook in an attempt to augment his hand.  The only result of that was its complete replacement by a real doctor.  In hindsight, getting drunk as a painkiller probably wasn't the smartest move.

He had read enough on the 'net about transhuman studies to be fairly knowledgeable in its potential- he just had no real practical application.

"Well, I've got a halfass good punch, and I'm a bit quicker than the average bro.  Ain't anything special, yo, but I got some decent footwork, yeah?  I read some stuff on what can be done with all those funky alien gizmos, but I've never, ya know, seen one.  Like, a real one.  That give you some ideas, bro?"

The doctor nods and taps the front of his respirator with a latex gloved hand, thinking. "Yes. Yes."

He looks back at you. "A preference for engagement range?"
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 2101