_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5935581 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Mission 4 recruiting.
« Reply #2685 on: June 16, 2012, 02:03:49 pm »

(( Sure, thanks for the explanation. Now, is it possible to vary the TPU per second output of the capacitor, or is it fixed like that of the battery?))
Replace the tesla sabre battery with one 324 TPU capacitor (or a bigger one which is capable of holding at least that much energy), and route it to all of the weapon parts.

Check the gauss cannon for the overcharge option.

Once more lower the caliber of the gauss rifle - to four times as little this time (so that making one round for the new design would take 1/4th of the materials used to make the standart gauss rifle round). Test this small-caliber weapon against a Mk I dummy four times - with 4x, 6x, 8x and 10x power being supplied to the coils (essentially, just replicating the design of many circuits, but using one big power generator instead of several small ones).

Judging by what you say, Steve, currently there are fewer than 10 volunteers. Now, that talk about the mottos and insignias - on that home planet of mine, the garbage collection agency's motto, as far as I remember, was 'We clean, we are clean, and we purge the unclean' (it was also responsible for pest control - ah, I still remember the smell of burning vermin in the morning; sweet home memories!). Now, what about the HMRC?
heh, um, well just to let you know, a capacitor bank capable of that is gonna look a lot like this

So unless this is gonna be mounted or for use with a battlesuit, you may wish to rethink.

The cannon does indeed have an overcharge option.

Also, lower caliber gauss rifles at higher powers won't be that much different from standard gauss rifles. Smaller holes, but because they have less mass the increased speed won't help as much.

>Missed the point like a champ. The HMRC doesn't have an insignia, it doesn't have a motto or a flag or a coat of arms or anything. People create mottos and flags and coats of arms because they're proud of their organization, because they want to wear its colors and shout its praises. The HMRC is nothing but a bunch of social misfits,criminals, murders, rapists, terrorists and idiots brought together into a great big stinking mass of soon to be dead human waste. At our most glorious we save worlds without fanfare or praise, our only reward being survival and even that is short lived. At worst, we die and fail and no one even notices. The only insignia you'll ever wear is the ashes and blood of your friends as they die around you, the only motto you'll ever shout will be the same cry of confused and frightened pain that so many of your comrades gave in their final moments.

We are not a glorious brigade, not a regiment to look up to. We are garbage men, and when we do our job right no one even sees us or spends a single instant of their  important time thinking our work. And when we do it wrong we are the universe's scapegoat.

Feel free to paint whatever you want on your uniform though.

Purchase the Nightstick and extended Gauss Rifle
Problem 1: You forgot to remind me what the extended gauss rifle is.
problem 2: You failed to tell me how many kinetic amps you want for that nightstick.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2686 on: June 16, 2012, 02:12:56 pm »

Alright, the mission is over and everyone is heading back now. We still need 2 more people for the next mission. If none show up before The guys in the ship get here (ie finish leveling up) then feyri will be the 9th, but we're still missing one.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: June 16, 2012, 02:17:53 pm »

((Yay on everyone* surviving**!))

Faith cocked her head.

"Uh, Steve? You sound almost... bitter. Do you feel like your efforts aren't appreciated like they should be or something?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: June 16, 2012, 02:21:44 pm »

(If I can, I'm going to set up an action ahead of time, which is: Head to the infirmary and get looked over for remains of that alien influence. Also get my head repaired/replaced and get the synth-arms installed in place of my current ones. Also give Milno that kinetic amp I owe him if he comes to see me before the mission starts.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2689 on: June 16, 2012, 02:27:24 pm »

It's safe. Or, at least, as far as I can test its normal use in simulation, it's safe. I don't know what would happen if it got damaged, though. Probably similar to what a rocket rifle will do when damaged. But I would be quite annoyed if my only prototype were damaged, so so try to avoid that.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2690 on: June 16, 2012, 02:28:41 pm »

"Oh, I'll be sure not to. Let's hope I come back, or else I'm pretty sure the prototype won't come back either."

Empyrean felt mildly relieved that she now had a weapon that was more competent than a steel pipe.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: June 16, 2012, 02:35:54 pm »

((I'll go. I feel game. Just as long as I'm cleared to go and I can outfit with fresh gear.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: June 16, 2012, 02:43:19 pm »

((I think it's implied, but May is going.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2693 on: June 16, 2012, 02:59:11 pm »

((I think it's implied, but May is going.))
Wasn't sure if you just showed up to talk or volunteered. Ok, you're on.

As per bishop and feyri  I guess you'll have to fight it out.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: June 16, 2012, 03:02:45 pm »

As per bishop and feyri  I guess you'll have to fight it out.
((Sparring fest?  :P

It's all yours, Bishop.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: June 16, 2012, 03:08:37 pm »

To everyone in the briefing room:

I'm Nekarios. Nekarios Aurea-Inanis. But ya'll can call me Nick if you prefer.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: June 16, 2012, 03:10:29 pm »

((Extended Gauss Rifle has more firing chambers and stronger magnets, to increase power and range, I'm trying to make it a sniper weapon. The Nightstick should be about half covered with Amps and around 2 feet long. Essentially a sword that crushes instead of cuts.))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: June 16, 2012, 03:10:38 pm »

((Any space left? If there is then I'll go.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: June 16, 2012, 03:11:18 pm »

"Hello Nick. I'm Faith."

Attempt to message Doctor using wristpad:

Doctor, are there any long-term side effects from use of my berserk mode?

((The Doctor also has a wristpad, right?))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: June 16, 2012, 03:26:21 pm »

(( Eh, but the high energy projector amasses that much TPUs (well, a little bit less, but still) for a single shot, doesn't it? Or am I missing something?
As for the low-caliber gauss weapon - yeah, that's the idea. Lower mass means more rounds for the same amount of tokens, which in turn means affordable autofire (at little cost and weight of the ammunition) and hopefully autofire means improved chances to hit at close range. So, at roughly what 'number of charging circuits' is the projectiles' speed high enough to penetrate the standart suit? ))
Examine the built-in capacitor bank of the high energy projector.
Test how much time it takes for the standart gauss cannon to ready the overcharge (essentially, what is the TPU cost of the overcharge shot), and see if it can withstand several-simultaneous-charging-circuits overcharge shots (start with 2 and go up to 5).

Actually, Steve, that was one of the most inspiring speeches in my whole career. So, grey for ashes and red for blood as the main colours of the 'Corps, and the cry of pain (in your professional opinion, would 'argh!' or 'awww' or maybe 'nooo' be closer to the actual ones? Or maybe some other?) for the motto. That leaves the question of the insignia, but we'll manage it later. Oh, just two more things: according to your experience, what should be the colour of crushed mechanical parts of the comrades? Silver for the sparks, maybe? And the second: what colour is the blood of the synth-flesh (or maybe any other similar liquid - I have little experience with this material, as things made of it were effectively banned on my home planet)?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 03:32:24 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 2101