_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5935881 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: In which I fail to be helpful
« Reply #2445 on: June 11, 2012, 06:16:46 pm »

Examine components and layout of a laser rifle.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: June 11, 2012, 06:18:38 pm »

Nik, don't even think of stopping, if any more of those buggers get on, we're screwed.

Gunner, I'm closing the hatch so we can take a brief moment to reload.

Shut that door, counting on the powerful hydraulics to break anything in their way.

Flip my radio to general channels in the sim, so that soldiers outside can hear.

All soldiers outside, this is the AMBP Prototype, if you can see us, please assist, we're covered in Altered and cannot rearm our main armament until the outside of the vehicle is secure. Do not hesitate if you think that you'll hit us, this thing has some damn thick armor. However, when I give the order, you'll need to cease your fire at any Altered on us so we can open the rear hatch and clean up the rest ourselves.

Make a note while waiting for the gunner to finish reloading and get back in position, look into alternative ammunition that would work like buckshot, so that if two AMBPs are near each other and one gets covered in hostiles, the other can "scratch its back", killing the hostiles on the outside while not being able to penetrate the massive sloped armor of the AMBP.

Also, silence my outside microphone so that the massive amounts of noise from our rifles doesn't distract me.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 06:41:20 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: June 11, 2012, 06:53:29 pm »

Keep the 'tank' moving.

(( Now, has my character ever seen (or heard of) a tank (other than in his ancient history classes, I mean, which he mostly skipped)?
Also,
Search through the database for current equivalents of the old tread system used on armored vehicles.

Also reshape the ARSC's body to be more rectangular, rather than wedge-shaped, and add a rotating armored mount on top, shaped like a hexagon but with the front elongated. Also, the sides of the vehicle and armored mount are sloped to 45 degrees inward.
Adding treads, reshaping the entire thing, adding that mount and all that is gonna be a bit...well intensive. You'd practically be just building an entirely new vehicle using the original for spare parts. You can do it, but it's gonna cost a hell of a lot.

You create your ideal vehicle in the simulation via a liberal amount of help from the computer.
Was the treads system installed, or not? For it wasn't really stated in the action post, and resolving action post is ambigous on that part. ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: June 11, 2012, 07:05:52 pm »

((They were. That's how we were managing to run things down when the NPC was driving.

Search through the database for current equivalents of the old tread system used on armored vehicles.

Also reshape the ARSC's body to be more rectangular, rather than wedge-shaped, and add a rotating armored mount on top, shaped like a hexagon but with the front elongated. Also, the sides of the vehicle and armored mount are sloped to 45 degrees inward.
Adding treads, reshaping the entire thing, adding that mount and all that is gonna be a bit...well intensive. You'd practically be just building an entirely new vehicle using the original for spare parts. You can do it, but it's gonna cost a hell of a lot.

You create your ideal vehicle in the simulation via a liberal amount of help from the computer.

All of the changes I specified were made.

Also, sloped armor means that, going horizontally, the armor is thicker than it would be if it were flat panels, however, if an attack lands at 45 degrees, it's slightly thinner. So the thing's armor will be really, REALLY thick to most ranged enemies, I think. Too bad it probably won't help with melee enemies.))
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 07:19:45 pm by PyroDesu »

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: June 11, 2012, 07:24:28 pm »

Attack Lukas with a flying Clothsline.

Attack May with a Crooked arm lariat

((Whatever the hell that may be))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: June 11, 2012, 07:28:25 pm »

(I will leave you with a quote I read elsewhere: never don't be lariating. In other words, your action is a solid one. :D)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: June 11, 2012, 07:31:46 pm »

((@PyroDesu I meant that you never stated that you were going to use that thread system after finding it :) - that's why I hoped it still had the rocket pods. Well, poor us.  ;D ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: June 11, 2012, 07:37:30 pm »

((Are you doing the same thing as me, in that you're going down a list of wrestling moves off some website?))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: June 11, 2012, 07:45:25 pm »

((@PyroDesu I meant that you never stated that you were going to use that thread system after finding it :) - that's why I hoped it still had the rocket pods. Well, poor us.  ;D ))

((Rocket pods would be good if we were intending to ram things. Otherwise, if you had enough fuel to even be able to use them for long enough, a shot to where the fuel is, even with the amount and style of armor, would not be good. Penetrating or not, the concussive force would be very bad.

And no, the rocket pods would not allow us to fly.  ;D

On the other hand, with treads, we have mobility, stability, it's not as easy to destroy them, you crush things you run over, more stable fuel (In all probability - I don't know what we use for rocket fuel here, but it's probably a lot less stable than normal fuel), and if you run out of fuel, you don't crash and plough a ways on the ground. Heck, this thing runs out of fuel, it becomes a combination bunker/artillery battery.

And I just got another idea, small air/space craft for us. And I just imagined us in Myrmidons, Lokis, Hercules MkIIs, Ulysses, and various other craft from Freespace 2. As well as imagining the Sword (the ship we're on) as an Orion Destroyer (Which is more of a carrier, for some reason.).))
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 07:58:27 pm by PyroDesu »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: June 11, 2012, 07:58:34 pm »

(( Are you sure;D
Because, as I just checked the armory lists, piecewise keeps the distinction between the rocket pods which allow to fly and the jump rocket systems which have a set amount of jumps (and don't confer the ability to truly fly) pretty clear. Well, in this particular situation, I would've appreciate even the latter of the two.
Though that thread system is probably much cheaper, yes (in addition to all other advantages you mentioned). ))
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 08:00:19 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: June 11, 2012, 08:02:22 pm »

(( Are you sure;D
Because, as I just checked the armory lists, piecewise keeps the distinction between the rocket pods which allow to fly and the jump rocket systems which have a set amount of jumps (and don't confer the ability to truly fly) pretty clear. Well, in this particular situation, I would've appreciate even the latter of the two.
Though that thread system is probably much cheaper, yes (in addition to all other advantages you mentioned). ))

((Think how heavy this thing probably is. We'd probably have to expand the hull even more to fit enough rocket pods to do that.

And then there's the landing to think about.

Let's keep the ships ships and the tanks tanks, alright?))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: June 11, 2012, 08:08:44 pm »

((Milno accidentally tried to execute one. He only discovered the name of the move after Jim told him. It is not like there are wrestling and/or MMA classes for farmboys.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: June 11, 2012, 08:17:37 pm »

(Jim has some advanced wrestling training... because I am the only wrestling fan on B12 and live by the Wrestler In All Of Us trope. :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: June 11, 2012, 08:21:37 pm »

((Are you doing the same thing as me, in that you're going down a list of wrestling moves off some website?))

((Absolutely! In this case, I have googled your move and on wikipedia it said something like: not to be confused with the lariat. Than I just tried to find a lariat that would sound about as impressive as flying clothesline and there you go...))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: June 11, 2012, 08:24:57 pm »

(Jim has some advanced wrestling training... because I am the only wrestling fan on B12 and live by the Wrestler In All Of Us trope. :P)

((I will do my best to keep you entertained ;)))
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 2101