_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5921187 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

((Basically what I'm after is a way to cover short distances and then attack with a melee weapon, as opposed to running there the old-fashioned way and likely getting shot in the interim. So, it doesn't really need to be maneuverable unless that helps me get shot less.

That said, how much would the pods cost?))
Hmm, well I can't really just tell you anything, but if you think of something you want to try, go for it. As per those pods...5 or so.

You point the rifle up as you look out the newly torn hole in the ceiling. No one sticks their head out so you wander over to the dead man and look at what he was doing. There is a black box attached to the wall where he was standing, though you have no idea what it is.

Lukas carefully inspects the black box. "A black box...I hate black boxes."

Carefully inspect black box
[int:3] Um...well...could be a radio transmitter...or a motion tracker...or a ferret in a box.

Clarify : Make an ulcer in the walls by poking it with a pipe.

Ulcers are simply breaks in a bodily membrane that impedes the organ they comprise. Not due to any special things.
[str:2] You jab at the flesh. It doesn't have any effect.

Thomas laughed and shouted "You're with me boys!" as he charged up the hill, drilling through the Axis fortifications and blasting any who get near him with the laser rifle.
You lumber out of the boat as rounds ricochet off your suit and charge up the beach, thundering through the smoke and haze till you find the nearest bunker. [uncon:3] Your drill skids heavily across the top of the bunker, tearing a thin gash through the top. The men you can see inside are looking at you in the way a mouse may look at a lion. A lion in medieval armor. With a chainsaw.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile

[int:3] Um...well...could be a radio transmitter...or a motion tracker...or a ferret in a box.

Lukas decides to leave the box alone for now and start searching the dead man, while listening if he can hear someone coming in the hallway.

Search dead man. Keep alert for anyone approaching in the hallway.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

((Hm. How about robotic leg enhancements built explicitly for this purpose, like leg braces or the lower half of a power suit? Or more custom-built pods, intended to be used in short, quick, horizontal bursts, as opposed to the MKIII's presumably more versatile design?))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

(just do a quote post of what you want me to keep in the document and I'll keep it.)
((I have updated the post linked in my signature after completing that action - actually, I'm sort of still unsure whether I keep track of the document, you, or we both, so I just did my part and called it a day :)
Never mind the tests, I was just afraid you won't let me have that amount of raw power 'that easy' ;)
Actually, I've performed these tests for 5 and 7 circuits
-*here*-
As for the avatar being equivalent to 2x exoskeleton - well, I just don't trust those artificial semi-organics, as well as don't desire being 'semi-permanently entombed in a casket of CFC's with the majority of [my] nervous system slaved to the suit's systems' if that can be helped ;) ))
See if increasing the number of circuits from 5 to 6 does increase the penetration significantly, and, on the other hand, if lowering the number of circuits from 5 to 4 and then to 3 does not decrease the penetration too much.
'Explode' the AP gauss rifle shot to examine its structure.
Try replacing the standart exoskeleton in the Mk III suit and the battlesuit with the 2x one.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile

Mason whistles a tune while waiting for the loading screen to budge.

"Fucking dial-up."

Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Lukas decides to leave the box alone for now and start searching the dead man, while listening if he can hear someone coming in the hallway.

Search dead man. Keep alert for anyone approaching in the hallway.
You roll the corpse over and start digging through its bag. It has 3 more of those black boxes and not much else. Hm.

((Hm. How about robotic leg enhancements built explicitly for this purpose, like leg braces or the lower half of a power suit? Or more custom-built pods, intended to be used in short, quick, horizontal bursts, as opposed to the MKIII's presumably more versatile design?))
Any of those could work, sure. I guess you'll just have to play around and see what works the best for you.

(just do a quote post of what you want me to keep in the document and I'll keep it.)
((I have updated the post linked in my signature after completing that action - actually, I'm sort of still unsure whether I keep track of the document, you, or we both, so I just did my part and called it a day :)
Never mind the tests, I was just afraid you won't let me have that amount of raw power 'that easy' ;)
Actually, I've performed these tests for 5 and 7 circuits
-*here*-
As for the avatar being equivalent to 2x exoskeleton - well, I just don't trust those artificial semi-organics, as well as don't desire being 'semi-permanently entombed in a casket of CFC's with the majority of [my] nervous system slaved to the suit's systems' if that can be helped ;) ))
See if increasing the number of circuits from 5 to 6 does increase the penetration significantly, and, on the other hand, if lowering the number of circuits from 5 to 4 and then to 3 does not decrease the penetration too much.
'Explode' the AP gauss rifle shot to examine its structure.
Try replacing the standart exoskeleton in the Mk III suit and the battlesuit with the 2x one.

(I was giving the avatar as an example of the size.)
A single change in circuits does not effect things to any truly significant degree, though going from 5 to 3 will have a more noticeable effect. As you add more and more circuits the  effects will be less and less drastic simply because of the fact that the ammo is remaining static in its properties.

The AP Gauss slug appears to be a normal metal round with a very very dense, spike-like core.

(You can't remove the exoskeleton on a battle suit because it doesn't have one, its strength is built into the suit itself.)
You attach the exoskeleton to a battle suit and Mk III. It looks alright on the battle suit, like a strange, large scaffolding wrapped around the suit. The Mk III on the other hand looks quite silly and very clunky wrapped in an exoskeleton thats bigger than it is.

Mason whistles a tune while waiting for the loading screen to budge.

"Fucking dial-up."

The progress bar runs backwards for a few seconds. God damn it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The progress bar runs backwards for a few seconds. God damn it.
((49.5%...50%...50.5%...40%...32%...-10%))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

((@GM Ah, okay. As for the document - so, I may just continue keeping track of it, or is there any other decision on your part?))
'Explode' the battlesuit, copy the armor sections, resize them as needed and mount on the 2x exoskeleton.
Run the simulation of how big (if actually possible) would 3x exoskeleton be.
Compare the prices and power outputs of the gauss rifle and gauss cannon power generators/charging circuits.

By the way, Steve, are there any organical nonhuman companions available? Something  like a dog or a non-Earth equivalent of a dog. Those alien lifeforms, when not fully sentient or self-aware, can sometimes be nearly as good as the animals from our ancestral homeworld. When properly trained, of course.
QUICKEDIT: Oh, I just remembered. Considering that deadpool, Steve, are we allowed to make bets outside it, specificly on the things not covered by it (such as 'how many limbs would a specific comrade retain after the mission' or something like that)?

(( Also, how do you think, people, should I go for Mk II suit/variation thereof, or just head straight for the Mk III with the built-in exoskeleton (which is actually cheaper than just purchasing an exoskeleton and a Mk II suit one at a time)? Probably aiming for the battlesuit (the basic or upgraded one) in the end, but the availability of these new 'baby-size' exoskeletons and the fact that I don't (or should I?) really need the mobility provided by the Mk III thrusters make the number of options here staggering.  :-\ ))
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 02:14:10 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((@Nikitian:The MkIII is worth it.))

Milno moves closer to the ground and starts to swerve up and down, checking if the worm detects his movements and acts accordingly.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile

Victor pulls hisholopad out and flashes a short animation. A slimy wall is shot with several toothpicks and is struck with a sword. It explodes after twitching for a few seconds.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

((@GM Ah, okay. As for the document - so, I may just continue keeping track of it, or is there any other decision on your part?))
'Explode' the battlesuit, copy the armor sections, resize them as needed and mount on the 2x exoskeleton.
Run the simulation of how big (if actually possible) would 3x exoskeleton be.
Compare the prices and power outputs of the gauss rifle and gauss cannon power generators/charging circuits.

By the way, Steve, are there any organical nonhuman companions available? Something  like a dog or a non-Earth equivalent of a dog. Those alien lifeforms, when not fully sentient or self-aware, can sometimes be nearly as good as the animals from our ancestral homeworld. When properly trained, of course.
QUICKEDIT: Oh, I just remembered. Considering that deadpool, Steve, are we allowed to make bets outside it, specificly on the things not covered by it (such as 'how many limbs would a specific comrade retain after the mission' or something like that)?

(( Also, how do you think, people, should I go for Mk II suit/variation thereof, or just head straight for the Mk III with the built-in exoskeleton (which is actually cheaper than just purchasing an exoskeleton and a Mk II suit one at a time)? Probably aiming for the battlesuit (the basic or upgraded one) in the end, but the availability of these new 'baby-size' exoskeletons and the fact that I don't (or should I?) really need the mobility provided by the Mk III thrusters make the number of options here staggering.  :-\ ))
(go ahead and do it yourself, if you're fine with that.)

The problem you're gonna run into here, with increasingly powerful exoskeletons and specifically that idea of expanding the armor of the battle suit and placing it on an exoskeleton like that is that the square cube law comes into effect. Basically, if you just keep scaling things up as they are, without compensating for their increased mass, things are just gonna start breaking. For instance, if you scale up the armor of the battlesuit to sit on your new exoskeleton you'll actually render it massive and slightly weaker then a normal exoskeleton.

Same can be said for simply scaling the exoskeleton up, an exoskeleton thats twice as powerful will pretty much be 3 times as large and so on. You can get around this by using more powerful systems rather then simply scaled up ones, but thats gonna increase costs.

As per Gauss rifles vs Gauss cannons...probably  one of the charging circuits or generators will be like 4 or so.

>You can set up your own pool and bet on whatever the hell you want. I just won't be running it.

((@Nikitian:The MkIII is worth it.))

Milno moves closer to the ground and starts to swerve up and down, checking if the worm detects his movements and acts accordingly.
Do you actually touch the sand or just fly up and down above it?

Victor pulls hisholopad out and flashes a short animation. A slimy wall is shot with several toothpicks and is struck with a sword. It explodes after twitching for a few seconds.
Are you on drugs? I think you're on drugs.

You project a short animation of you jabbing at the wall with toothpicks and then wacking it with the deactivated handle of your sword. The wall explodes a few seconds later.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile

Shoot the floor in a circular pattern. A large one. Each prong being no more than three inches apart. Then activate my sword.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do you actually touch the sand or just fly up and down above it?
((Fly up and down above it.))
>Yes?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

See some other, more powerful exoskeleton systems available.
Look for for other pre-configured armor pieces, such as the fabled Civic Defender's Long coats.
Sip the tea.

Ahh, that is it. Now, to gamble...
Who would be the most token-rich comrade here? Obviously, the iconic Bastard - the Honey Badger, comrade Milno.
After drinking some more tea, Nikitian sent a message to the Milno's VR.
This is Greiss. Comrade Milno, care to have a small bet? On how many of the comrades are coming back from this mission.
Past Sigs

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile

((Awww. Thats going to cost tokens right?))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 2101