_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5936694 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Overcome the pain and regain senses with the sheer sense of duty.
Hey, Nick, I'm having a little problem here... could you please use that burner thing to cauterize the wound?
Clench the teeth again.

((And smile as I burn away. Again.  :D
@PyroDesu How about making a smaller version of the exoskeleton, half or one third of the regular strength, perhaps? That would hopefully make it more affordable.))
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 06:20:27 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((The worst part is that the combat course actually has an atmosphere, just not breathable. Nikitian has astronomical chances of either dying or being severely maimed in his first mission.

@Nikitian: I do not know if the armory master will accept telling you her name after only one mission. Maybe after four, when there is no more human part of you except for your brain.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

Which would you prefer, bleeding out or going up in a fireball? Try holding your stump near the incandescent column of pure heat and breaking molecular bonds I'm about to try and create. I failed small-scale, so now it's ON. Just like last time.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

((@Caellath Well, she promised, kind of. And, actually, if I manage to beat the first mission, I would certainly like to go on the next nine or more, intent on saving as much of my human body as possible (possibly with the use of that cloning technique currently being tested on Faith, if it ever goes public). 'The chances of survival are slim', however, dammit. I just hope on my real first mission Nekarios, if around, wouldn't be wielding anything but the exotic weapons he have at least a skillpoint in  ;) ))

Doesn't matter. In this particular simulation, I either get lucky and nothing goes wrong, or I'm as good as dead anyway.
Clench the damn teeth again. Do as Nekarios says.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

Err... Nik, that was rhetorical... I think you might want to step far, FAR away from the puddle. I'll cauterize you in a moment.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Sure.
>>>step far, FAR away from the puddle.
Not in the middle of the daydreaming comrades, however.
Past Sigs

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Look around the mess hall.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Try to get out.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile

((Hm, guess I'll wait til' you wake up later Prosperus. I'm in the south-east USA so it's about noon here.
Skyrunner, I'm just wondering, where are you?))

((Hmmm, I am in China currently. I'll be here for another 3 months before I return to tha Nethalands. There it would be 2 pm. Much better time difference. :P))

((Oh, fail! It should have been 8 pm. I was a bit tired yesterday. Not a good time to do even simple maths. :))))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile

Lukas inspects the menu and soon decides that it won't make much difference what menu he will order anyway. He orders a meat 1 menu, waits for the dispenser to give him something that vaguely resembles food and looks for a place to sit down. Somewhere in the mess hall he sees 'the thing' he saw earlier and a girl messing around with some pipes. They don't seem to be particularly good at whatever they are trying to do. Lukas decides to check it out. He sits down at a table near the two hobbyists and starts eating his meal. "Hello there. My name is Lukas Stark. With whom do I have the pleasure? You want some help with that?"

Take a seat near May and Empyrean and eat food. Introduce to May and Empyrean and aid in whatever they are doing if wished for.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile

Thomas exits the VR and heads to the television. He watches the equivalent of the Discovery channel.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Hm, guess I'll wait til' you wake up later Prosperus. I'm in the south-east USA so it's about noon here.
Skyrunner, I'm just wondering, where are you?))

((Hmmm, I am in China currently. I'll be here for another 3 months before I return to tha Nethalands. There it would be 2 pm. Much better time difference. :P))

((Oh, fail! It should have been 8 pm. I was a bit tired yesterday. Not a good time to do even simple maths. :))))

((For me, your 'yesterday' was me getting ready for lunch today. Ah, surrealism based in time zones.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

((How about next mission? I might be able to tear myself away from Tinker and whatever we're using for weapons testing. Heck, IF you had at least 5 Strength, which you don't, I might've given you my P RGH-KP Rifle to test. Looks like I might have to use someone else, though. Milno, may - crap, nope. Is there anyone on the team with at least 5 strength (Preferably more so you can do an overcharge) and conventional weapons skills?))
((I think Ivan has 6 strength and he is a mercenary, but can't use overcharge. Empyrean would've been able to use the simple overcharge if her muscles were still there. If she regains all the 7 strength, she is your best shot.))

Milno tries to modify the program of the virtual MkIII first. Virtually.
You call up a MK III and a computer, attaching the suit to it and bringing up the programing for the suit. [aux:1] You highlight a random section of the code, type "MAKE STUFF WORK YES NOW PLEASE" into the program, and then punch straight through the monitor with your robotic hand and scream "DONE!".

"Um? Sitting here for a few minutes, arm things beep every now and then and I feel more relaxed for a few moments..."

She really hoped that meant everything had gone alright.
"Good, good. No memory. Went through 20 minutes of test before activating machine." He points at your restraints and you notice the bruising around all the cuffs. "Machine seems to have worked."

((Either the dice or the GM hate Nik. I'm betting that it's both.))

FOR THE LOVE OF- Well, at least it only took your arm this time, Nik.

Heat the puddle to 20,000,000°K, which should not only vaporize it but break its molecular bonds.

(If I get a 1 or a 6..... !!FUN!! will be had. !!FUN!! indeed.))

(Dice. When field manipulators or amps go wrong I use a random generator to select the effect from a list I have, and then, if applicable, use a dice to select who is hit. Everything is random. For instance...)

You type in the coordinates of your target and begin doing the math for the attack. You get several lines in before the mental fatigue sets in and you begin to get sloppy. Rows of numbers blur as you struggle to get the right solution and in the end you hit execute more out of a sheer desire to see them go away then anything else.

(oh dear, be glad you didn't roll this in a real mission)

The Manipulator beeps, hums and then plays some sort of odd jingle. There is the sound of air rapidly being sucked away and then nothing as a white hot ball of plasma appears for half a second around your head and then vanishes, leaving nothing behind. Your body slumps and collapses.

Overcome the pain and regain senses with the sheer sense of duty.
Hey, Nick, I'm having a little problem here... could you please use that burner thing to cauterize the wound?
Clench the teeth again.

((And smile as I burn away. Again.  :D
@PyroDesu How about making a smaller version of the exoskeleton, half or one third of the regular strength, perhaps? That would hopefully make it more affordable.))
[end:1]
You clench your teeth and try to shake off the pain. You succeed in clenching hard enough to break a tooth. You'd probably start crying if you weren't about to pass out from blood loss. Every horrible forced amputation has a silver lining, you suppose.

Look around the mess hall.
Looks about the same as the last time you were here, waking up from your gender reassignment surgery on a pile of garbage. There's some guy looking at the menu board, the nice lady you're talking to and your own naked self, all standing around.

Try to get out.
[str:1] You attempt to yank your hand free of the manacle you've made for yourself. You succeed on spraining your wrist but not escaping. [end:6] Not that spraining your wrist matters to you even in the slightest.

Lukas inspects the menu and soon decides that it won't make much difference what menu he will order anyway. He orders a meat 1 menu, waits for the dispenser to give him something that vaguely resembles food and looks for a place to sit down. Somewhere in the mess hall he sees 'the thing' he saw earlier and a girl messing around with some pipes. They don't seem to be particularly good at whatever they are trying to do. Lukas decides to check it out. He sits down at a table near the two hobbyists and starts eating his meal. "Hello there. My name is Lukas Stark. With whom do I have the pleasure? You want some help with that?"

Take a seat near May and Empyrean and eat food. Introduce to May and Empyrean and aid in whatever they are doing if wished for.
You order your..."food" and then have a seat next to where the lady and the...other one...are doing something. The woman appears to be trying to free herself from some sort of metal shackle white the rather unearthly thing watches.

"Hi, my name is Lukas. Nice to meet you." you say, attempting to introduce yourself as the woman bangs her shackle against the ground and curses.

Thomas exits the VR and heads to the television. He watches the equivalent of the Discovery channel.
You hop out of the vr machine and wander over to the couch. You turn on the tv and flip around till you find something that looks vaguely educational. The first you thing you find is a documentary about the "Grand 47", the 47 original planets outside of the sol system that mankind colonized back when earth was considered man's home, and anywhere else was just a vacation. You pause a moment, wondering if you should stay on this channel or move on.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Empyrean mutters something about stupid welders and welder operators before looking up.

"Some help here, please?" she says through gritted teeth.

Try again. Try until I get out.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 08:22:04 pm by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

" Hello Lukas. My comrade Empyrean is currently solving personal issues." May bends down next to Empyrean.
Use medical and anatomy based logic to figure out the best way to get Empyrean's arm out of the shackle.
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 2101