_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5931963 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread:Breathing is overrated.
« Reply #750 on: May 11, 2012, 08:13:24 pm »

Hmmm.
Try increasing the amplitude of the bit up to a few inches, if decreasing the frequency. Also estimate the price of it in tokens.
((Why is the target being pushed back? I mean, is it that strength is not adequate to start piercing the target (hopefully, the contact area is rather small), or is it that the kinetic ampliefier is somehow increasing the contact area?))
Try attaching the third firing chamber back to the expanded laser pistol. Test how big and unwieldy it gets that way.
((@Nikitian: You could try the solution I was thinking for the Piledriver. Try a magnetization system to get the weapon glued to the enemy and make all of the system easy to unclamp. So you can punch the enemy, the hydraulic hammer will glue to it if there is any metal, allowing the tip to pound with no mercy, and if you find yourself stuck you can always unclamp all of the equipment and leave it smashing the enemy's armor open.

Edit: Also ask about the price of your hydraulic weapon, since I want to make a similar one, but as big as possible to be wielded on the forearm (and possibly arm) of someone in a MkIII.))
((Well, I'll try it if it doesn't work this way. Also, yes, I'm probably also going for as big/powerful as possible, but first I need to get it working as intended. I have a couple more ideas, and hopefully one of them might work.))
((With all of your talk of Kinetic Amp drills and such, I had a very, very horrible idea.

Take a gauss slug. Attach Kinetic Amp on the front of it. I think where you see this is going. It would be horridly expensive, but it might also be horribly effective.

I want to work on it first, mind you, it is MY idea.))
((No problem. Also, yes, pretty much possible (and yes, terribly expensive and, I'm afraid, inefficient), just make sure to use the biggest and the most powerful gauss gun (or some other projectile weapon); personally, I'd suggest overpowering the gauss cannon, you know, to about 20-22 Strength required to wield/fire (possibly more if you're okay with using weapon mounts).
Perhaps the LESHO rifle was born this way, out of the same consideration. :- ) ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: May 11, 2012, 08:25:52 pm »

(Actually this is far enough in the future that Chuck Norris is ancient history. People might actually believe all that stuff about him. If Piecewise is feeling evil, that is. :3)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: May 11, 2012, 08:26:31 pm »

((@Nikitian: The LESHO Rifle has maneuvering nuke-tipped shells. And I am afraid that putting a kinetic amp on a slug will have basically the same effect of a gauss cannon common metal shell, only pricier.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: May 11, 2012, 08:31:23 pm »

((@Nikitian: The LESHO Rifle has maneuvering nuke-tipped shells. And I am afraid that putting a kinetic amp on a slug will have basically the same effect of a gauss cannon common metal shell, only pricier.))

((You sure 'bout that? I'd be willing to bet that the force of a gauss rifle slug squared might be a bit more than just a gauss cannon metal slug.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: May 11, 2012, 08:34:05 pm »

((You sure 'bout that? I'd be willing to bet that the force of a gauss rifle slug squared might be a bit more than just a gauss cannon metal slug.))
((I can't be sure about anything, but those shells would be very expensive, since the Redshot is basically a homewrecker and you can get 9 of them with 3 tokens. There is always the cost/benefit problem.

Edit: But anyways, try them. There is no kill like overkill, as they say.))
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 08:36:57 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: May 11, 2012, 08:35:40 pm »

I want to. . . . . virtually test it out first. Any recommendations?
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: May 11, 2012, 08:37:51 pm »

((I can't be sure about anything, but those shells would be very expensive, since the Redshot is basically a homewrecker and you can get 9 of them with 3 tokens. There is always the cost/benefit problem.))

((Yeah, but I could see this thing possibly taking out Battlesuits with one shot, possibly even an Avatar of War after a bit. As the GM said in the equipment page:

May not seem like much, but when 3000 newtons becomes 9000000 newtons you'll gain a new respect for exponential growth.

And I'd bet that Gauss slugs hit a lot harder than 3000 newtons.))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: May 11, 2012, 08:40:56 pm »

((Pyro wins the big stick award. If it works.))

"Three tokens? That seems alright. Now, time to fix the my rifle."

Exit VR and dissasemble Laser Rifle.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: May 11, 2012, 08:42:28 pm »

((@Caellath Oh, thanks, yeah, I forgot about LESHO Rifle ammo being nuke-tipped too. Perhaps more variants are available, like with the gauss rifle/cannon? Anyway, looks like PyroDesu is pretty serious about trying out this idea, so we'll probably see if it works (which I find likely, but not certain) quite soon.
@PyroDesu Seriously, good luck. If they are really that powerful and not way too expensive, we'd certainly find a use for those. Every good piece of tinkered stuff increases our chances to beat the term. Oh, just got a thought: look out for it not to cause nuclear-comparable blasts - well, unless you want it that way.
@Zomara0292 You're testing your grappling hook ammo, right? Then I would suggest trying it against a target running away from you, which you need to capture. If the area is not depressurised, or if it wears Mk II suit, chances are that you could pierce and stop the target without killing him or her.))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: May 11, 2012, 08:48:46 pm »

May not seem like much, but when 3000 newtons becomes 9000000 newtons you'll gain a new respect for exponential growth.

And I'd bet that Gauss slugs hit a lot harder than 3000 newtons.))
((Yeah, dude. I know it. I have already read the description of an amp. I thought I had mentioned the Overkill stuff because of that. And my point was the cost/benefit ratio of it all.
I won't bring further problems to the table nor I will try to talk to you about your designs, <I mean. :P))
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 09:00:37 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: May 11, 2012, 08:54:33 pm »

((Also, would anyone like to try out my P(rototype) RGH-KP Rifle out in the field? I would but... I kinda can't use it. I pumped intelligence, so I'd be using field manipulators and such, not many guns. I'll gladly assemble it for you here on the ship. Just... bring it back, okay? It may have been an investment from Steve, but I'd still like to have it intact to see how it stood up to the field trial.))
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 08:59:56 pm by PyroDesu »

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: May 11, 2012, 08:59:44 pm »

To the fighty part of the VR! With two reloads of my new ammo and a gauss rifle, of course.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: May 11, 2012, 09:11:38 pm »

((@PyroDesu: Ah, by the way, I want to make clear Milno's actions IC do not mean they are my OOC opinion. I do not know if you misunderstood Milno's attitude and opinion as my own, but that is how the character behaves.
I realized you may have understood the short exchange between both characters as a personal offense.

Edit: You did not, right? :P))
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 09:14:09 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: May 11, 2012, 09:18:50 pm »

((@PyroDesu: Ah, by the way, I want to make clear Milno's actions IC do not mean they are my OOC opinion. I do not know if you misunderstood Milno's attitude and opinion as my own, but that is how the character behaves.
I realized you may have understood the short exchange between both characters as a personal offense.))

((No, not at all; I kind of expected it, actually. My character is likely to come off as annoying to most of the others, and I'm a lot like him, so we probably would respond in similar fashion, both IC and OOC.

I probably phrased that terribly, but I think you get the point, I tend to react in similar fashion to my character.))
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 09:28:14 pm by PyroDesu »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: May 11, 2012, 09:31:55 pm »

((Ah ok. I thought you were offended, because Milno is more of a dick than me. Thanks for explaining.))
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 2101