_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1622 1623 [1624] 1625 1626 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5818921 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship
« Reply #24345 on: May 10, 2014, 09:02:03 am »

Attempt to dodge the hug, slash him across the midsection with the sabre.

...Maybe this was a bad idea.

To be fair, I didn't realize how much Jim had evolved since page 60, which is about how far I read through this.

You're missing the fact he mentally disarms you before he even tries to hug.  Also, he's being nice; he could just crush you into a pulp with only the amp.  Or heat up everything within fifty feet of him by sixty degrees, without breaking a sweat.  Try getting close without your brain melting then.

Jim is easily our second strongest person, just behind Miyamoto, and that's only because Miyamoto is in a frigging Avatar of War.
Don't you dare tell me this goes in the OOC thread, person who quoted this post.
If you want someone who is only barely above your level (by three skill points), try my char, Steve Saint.  He still has a slight advantage, because I'm a powergaming munchkin who read the whole subboard, but it's still a lot more fair.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #24346 on: May 10, 2014, 10:41:06 am »

Or my character.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24347 on: May 10, 2014, 11:16:54 am »

Or Stacy - Stacy's got decent melee skills, but nothing too special. Also, he dances as he fights, presumably. Or at least sings.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24348 on: May 10, 2014, 11:20:48 am »

(I'm technically not being nice. I just like to wrestle and I wanna wrestle. The fact my character has an extremely high advantage when it comes to grappling is only half of it. :V

All this OOC not in the OOC thread.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24349 on: May 10, 2014, 12:06:43 pm »

((You could also fight Grate. He's technically a bit stronger than a starting character, but he's focused on tech stuff. Just try not to kill him--he'll come back.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #24350 on: May 10, 2014, 04:56:44 pm »

((I have no idea if the VR system even has Xan in its records, but I'd not recommend fighting him.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24351 on: May 10, 2014, 05:06:26 pm »

((Fight Dubley. He is slightly stronger than the average noob. He has a robot body with a nice punchable human head.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #24352 on: May 10, 2014, 08:29:34 pm »

((If you wanted a really irritating fight, try Simus and rage at your near inability to hit her even with a perfect strike.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24353 on: May 10, 2014, 08:53:53 pm »

(OOC, guys, second time I've reminded you of this. :X)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24354 on: May 12, 2014, 05:47:05 am »

Char sheet ho!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

first action: Wake up.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 06:59:36 am by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #24355 on: May 12, 2014, 11:50:15 am »

"So it will change shape depending on the input I give it? Also, when I first got it, it made me do a challenge. The penalty for it was supposed to be an electroshock, but I did the challenge and it said it had stored a charge.  I decided to wait 24 hours before doing another when it gave me the option, but I'm sure I'll have another challenge at some point. You said it had a powerful internal power source, so do you think the challenges and charges are some sort of programmed limiter to keep from overloading that power source? Also, do you mean it was programmed with a bad sense of humor, or is there some sort of sentient or semi-sentient AI in there?
Ask more questions.
"Limiter yes. Reason unknown. Probably entertainment based.  Weapon itself has bad sense of humor. Sentient. Intelligent and malicious. Enjoys suffering and pain. Be careful with it."

Hmm...I think you might be better off by summoning two hunks of u-235 and smacking them together real fast. Less powerful, but requires less energy. Since this combination of making a nuclear and explosion and blocking it is already testing the limits of your capacity, even with the aid of the Avatar.
Sure, fine by me. Since I have no idea how you calculate mindpoint usage, or what the most efficient way of doing this particular thing is, I'll go with your proposal.
At one point in the distant past a nuclear physicist once told a who he disliked to "Take two pieces of u-232, walk a mile into the desert and slap them together as hard as possible." You do basically just that, summoning up two great slabs of silvery metal and then slamming them together with as much force as you can muster via  the manipulator. It's crude, inelegant and not terribly efficient, but it's enough to set off a low grade nuclear detonation directly in front of you. The force barriers hold, however, there are a few unintended consequences. First one being the fact that you're now blind, or at least the machine shut down it's eyes for the moment. The guys in the bunker behind you are all blinded too, and the flash was bright enough to instantly burn anyone not in a suit, which is only a few people, luckily. The sound has much the same effect, causing deafness, but the focused nuclear shotgun seems to have been effective enough to buy...oh...10 seconds more or so as the forward lines struggle and dissolve and the lines of flesh behind them shove their way forward against the blast.

VR!Jim: Use mass manipulation amp to disarm opponent and drag him into melee distance. Then bearhug with lower two arms and use upper two arms to bend him backwards over the grip until his head touches his feet.
Attempt to dodge the hug, slash him across the midsection with the sabre.

...Maybe this was a bad idea.

To be fair, I didn't realize how much Jim had evolved since page 60, which is about how far I read through this.
Jim points at ...your name is hard. Gonna call you Doug. Or maybe darwin. Something with a D thats less french. Jim points at Doug and jerks his finger back, causing Doug to be yanked straight off his feet and fly toward Jim's waiting arms like a homicidal version of that slow run toward each other that you see in romantic movies. Doug, realizing he is boned, just holds the tesla sabre out in front of him, pointed at Jim's chest, so that the blade will impale him as he goes for the death hug. Jim, seeing this coming, just points with one of his extra free hands and disarms Doug without effort.

Doug, you wanna do anything? Pray, perhaps?

Char sheet ho!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

first action: Wake up.
So you know where you are, how you start out, etc etc? Or do you want an extended awakening sequence to explain that?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24356 on: May 12, 2014, 04:38:54 pm »

Reporting for glory!

Spoiler: Taddok Find (click to show/hide)

I miss anything?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24357 on: May 12, 2014, 05:00:13 pm »

... I kinda assumed closing my eyes and telling teammates to duck would be a given. I guess not :/

Either way, restore to save point. Take a small break from VR. Go outside, use some dirt to make a Gilgamesh doll action figure.

((Ps: maybe take a look at the tinker thread, if you have the time))
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 05:25:58 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24358 on: May 12, 2014, 05:21:15 pm »

"That's...a little worrisome. Hopefully it'll enjoy causing pain and suffering to my enemies instead of me. Thanks for the info. So, are you working on anything interesting, if you don't mind my asking?"
Continue conversation with Doctor.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24359 on: May 12, 2014, 10:21:33 pm »

eh, no need for explanations. I'll take that then I can go ahead and wander around :P

Micheal shivers and looks around at his surroundings. Huh, they have me in a real fancy cage here, now.

Look around for signs pointing the way to various interesting locations
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.
Pages: 1 ... 1622 1623 [1624] 1625 1626 ... 2101