Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 35

Author Topic: Internet habits which annoy you.  (Read 100304 times)

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
Re: Internet habits which annoy you.
« Reply #405 on: December 21, 2015, 02:03:52 am »

With names I generally end up putting in "Hahaha" and "No" as first and last respectively.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: December 21, 2015, 02:17:01 am »

It's also the same sort of thought that some of (and boy does this make me cringe) moderates in the U.S. around the Civil War era had about blacks, that they were still inferior but didn't deserve to be treated as if they weren't human.

Including Abraham Who-care-about-slavery-I-kill-vampires Lincoln which said stuff like
I have no purpose to introduce political and social equality between the white and black races. There is physical difference between the two which, in my judgment, will probably forever forbid their living together upon the footing of perfect equality, and inasmuch as it becomes a necessity that there must be a difference, I, as well as Judge Douglas, am in favor of the race to which I belong having the superior position.

Abrahan Lincolin was racist? The horror!

To be fair, he didn't even say they were inferior there, just that they were too different to ever fit in. I can't say that that seems entirely invalid. Luckily this can be coreected with sufficiently widespread miscegenation, and then there will be peace and harmony.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: December 21, 2015, 05:24:27 am »

There will never be peace and harmony until every last speck of life in the universe is dead and gone.  Nature cannot function without conflict, and humans are bound to nature, whether or not anyone likes it.  Intriguingly this also addresses my single largest gripe with the net and humanity as a whole, specifically the assertion that we as a species are somehow better than our fundamental natures, take a week and carefully watch the behavior of the people around you and you'll see how utterly untrue and frankly naïve that sentiment is.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: December 21, 2015, 08:34:36 am »

Racial harmony. There'll still be robberies and shit.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: December 21, 2015, 05:04:39 pm »

What we should do is take everyone, of every 'race' [sic] and creed and nation and political viewpoint and blend them all together into one gloriously homogeneous whole.

Except for me, of course.  Someone needs to operate the blender, and unblock the drains afterwards.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: December 21, 2015, 06:51:55 pm »

Nature cannot function without conflict

Back that up.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: December 21, 2015, 08:14:10 pm »

Limited resources. Logarithmic population growth. Problem of human greed.

Aaaand done
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: December 21, 2015, 09:05:59 pm »

That's not saying it cannot, only that it does not.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: December 21, 2015, 09:14:14 pm »

*glances in "Internet habits which annoy you" thread, sees "Racial harmony"*

Wut.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: December 21, 2015, 09:37:47 pm »

Wut.
Skynet prides itself in being politically correct and an equal opportunity employer.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: December 21, 2015, 10:40:15 pm »

Wut.

I was correcting something someone else said.
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: December 21, 2015, 10:44:34 pm »

In this case he's not the person who has to back up his claim but you need to back up yours.
So far all life but the most primitive is in a state of conflict to some degree.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: December 21, 2015, 11:08:02 pm »

In this case he's not the person who has to back up his claim but you need to back up yours.

? No? I didn't even make a claim.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: December 22, 2015, 09:01:45 am »

I cannot stand when people get pissed over people liking something frivolous. Like, oh REALLY!? You have never done anything irrelevant, entertaining or purely for fun in your ENTIRE life? I bet you must have made that picture with one hand while using the other hand to feed porridge to an orphan, and both feet to dig out the foundation to a wind farm in a rural African community. What a fucking world peace advocate. Oh that's right, you're just a douchebag on Facebook, posting some dumb bullshit you made with an online meme generator.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: December 22, 2015, 02:11:16 pm »

I cannot stand when people get pissed over people liking something frivolous. Like, oh REALLY!? You have never done anything irrelevant, entertaining or purely for fun in your ENTIRE life? I bet you must have made that picture with one hand while using the other hand to feed porridge to an orphan, and both feet to dig out the foundation to a wind farm in a rural African community. What a fucking world peace advocate. Oh that's right, you're just a douchebag on Facebook, posting some dumb bullshit you made with an online meme generator.
Have you seen that hipster guy who made a video where he outright said that doing anything for fun is bad. Funny stuff.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 35