Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 35

Author Topic: Internet habits which annoy you.  (Read 100253 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Internet habits which annoy you.
« Reply #240 on: August 05, 2013, 04:55:52 am »

Let me see...

The "CHECK OUT THIS LINK THAT I WON'T TELL YOU WHAT IT IS!!!"

No internet... I am not clicking that link unless I know what it is for.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 05, 2013, 06:37:44 am »

Well, welcome to humanity. Conformity was never our strong suit. Like a said, I know there's plenty of dumb arguments out there, but that means it's your duty to shift through the crap and give the stuff that's worth while it's dues, not wash all arguments under "whining".
Actually, you are both wrong and right about conformity not being humanity's strong suit.  Many people throughout history do actively try to conform with the community they are in.  The sense of being a 'normal' person within the group/community is a strong social pressure that many people get caught up in.
Of course, this conformity does get eroded, as you throw in other groups/communities to the collective/network, but it will still end up establishing a baseline of 'normal' over time as these groups/communities(cultures) are acclimated to each other, it will however have more 'variables' that do not conform to the baseline.
Then the process repeats itself as more people/groups/communities are gathered into the collective/network.

Now in modern times, individuals are not as reliant on their immediate group/community, what with the advent of instant communication, fast shipping, fast travel and how easy it is to find other groups/communities that agree with them.

Humans can easily contradict itself, interesting critters ain't they?

Misters Asch and Milgram would like to add a thing or two.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 05, 2013, 03:18:25 pm »

I think you missed a lot of extensions and at least one bracketed tag for whatever file that is.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 05, 2013, 03:29:42 pm »

Extremly long suspicious links.
Example:
.LISP.MSI.LNK.ZDA.GNN.WRBT.OBJ.O.H.SWF.DPKG.APP.ZIP.TAR.TAR.CO.GZ.A.OUT.EXE]HTTPS://65.222.202.53/~TILDE/PUB/CIA-BIN/ETC/INIT.DLL
FILE=__AUTOEXEC.BAT.MY%20OSX%20DOCUMENTS-INSTALL.EXE.RAR.INI.TAR.DOÇX.PHPHPHP.XHTML.TML.XTL.TXXT.0DAY.HACK.ERS_(1995)_BLURAY_CAM-XVID.EXE.TAR.[SCR].LISP.MSI.LNK.ZDA.GNN.WRBT.OBJ.O.H.SWF.DPKG.APP.ZIP.TAR.TAR.CO.GZ.A.OUT.EXE

I'm guess...I'm going to pass on my XKCD annoyances. (Mainly, there was one time where I said something slightly geeky, and someone else was all "Hey, nice XKCD reference!" without me even knowing there was a strip about it. XKCD does not hold the crown of geekdom!)

Also, on the subject of punctuation. Does anyone else actually take longer to type when they use acronyms and skip punctuation? The time it takes my brain to process the conversion into English (Internet) just takes too long, and it's not a habit I'm really too eager to learn. (I probably would have developed it, but when I was pretty young, my mother told me that if I ever started using incorrect grammar on the computer, she would never let me use it again. Threat worked.)
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 05, 2013, 07:37:05 pm »

People who think that 4chan is a super-secret Internet hideout, the exclusive domain of hackers and masked vigilantes willing to steal your SSN and sell it to Cuban drug lords just for the fun, and you'll get five zillion viruses just for mentioning it. Being a regular 4chan user, I can say that it's pretty much like any Internet forum, except that there's a ton of boards (subforums, I guess they'd be called around here) and nobody pulls punches if a discussion gets rather heated. There aren't even that many troll threads on the nicer boards, maybe once every couple of days.

Also, I'm not sure if this counts as a habit but "90's kids". Yes, I remember Spongebob, it hasn't ceased production since its debut. Do you remember Captain Planet or Vanilla Ice? I thought so.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 19, 2013, 03:26:40 pm »

snip
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 03:39:24 pm by Redzephyr01 »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 19, 2013, 03:30:59 pm »

People who lump all people in a given group together with the subset of those people who are actually annoying.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 19, 2013, 03:34:59 pm »

People who lump all people in a given group together with the subset of those people who are actually annoying.

Oh snap

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 19, 2013, 04:32:58 pm »

Arguments made entirely, or almost entirely from logical fallacies and derailing tactics.   In fact, it's so rare that I see an argument where one or both sides aren't doing this, that you could say arguments annoy me.  Sometimes they're downright scary.

Here's a guide that will help people recognize derailing tactics, and control if and when they use them.  I'm finding it best not to participate in conversations where these are present.

Logical fallacies are a little different because there are so many, it's hard to keep track of them.  Some of them are more forgivable than others, too.  "False Premise, True Conclusion" is occasionally going to happen to even the most informed and intelligent people, because technology tends to improve the capability of science to find "facts", thus correcting the "old facts".

...also, unrelated:  I take too long to post, and get ninja'ed a lot, because of it.

Edit: forgot the link
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 04:35:06 pm by Ogdibus »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 19, 2013, 10:50:59 pm »

For the most part it comes from the fact that language is very open to interpretation and often most of the arguments, even here, come from a fundamental agreement that is perceived as a disagreement.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 20, 2013, 12:32:19 am »

Poe's Law, full stop.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #252 on: September 20, 2014, 10:54:40 pm »

Repeated necroposting.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 20, 2014, 11:10:38 pm »

That is probably in my top ten longest buildups to a joke I've seen.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 20, 2014, 11:11:53 pm »

Quoting someone... As your post...
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 35