Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: BayStuck [Yet another Homestuck RTD]  (Read 2493 times)

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
BayStuck [Yet another Homestuck RTD]
« on: April 21, 2012, 04:38:00 pm »

...In hindsight, inspiration should have come across my face on the 13th, but I digress.

Anyway, welcome to yet another Homestuck RTD. We will attempt to slay imps, cruxtrude cruxtruders and alchemise the WARHAMMER OF ZILLYHOO. Ahem. This is going to be a 6-player affair with minimal time shenanigans, more universe swapping when things go wrong. As in, if you die, you will be shuffled with someone else, unless there is a REALLY good reason for revival.

So what makes this game special? LevelTiering! You start at Tier 1, and so have one feat and can alchemise things up to a +1 overall boost. This makes more sense later. To level up, you need to KILL IMPS and such. With every level up comes a new perk, which is theorised by you and made into stats by me. It could be a simple +1 to something, or an extra few points of damage in close quarters. If you come up with the idea, I'll try to statify it.

Do you want in? No? Well carry on anyway. Fill in the below character sheet. This is NOT first come first served-if you want in, you need a REALLY good sheet. Have fun. Oh, nearly forgot-you need to look after your own stats. If I did, I'd be buried under space on my DSi =P

Name: (Your name, silly!)
Gender: (In case Vector/Yuuko/Someone who wants to play a female shows up)
Vitality: 25/25
Tier: 1
Boon: 0/100
Feat: (Describe your character's talent to me! Can they fight? Can they guitar? Can they do the windy thing?)
Inv.: (Basic personal items, no weapons without a REALLY, REALLY good reason)
Pesterchum: (Your name, color and quirk please)
Bio: (The real difference maker-explain your character to me in 500 words starting now!)

Please ask any questions you may have.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BayStuck [Yet another Homestuck RTD]
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 06:50:37 pm »

Not only can we not have enough Homestuck, we can't have enough oceans of Bay 12 Homestuck game fanart.

Name: Shiloh Shepard
Feat: Peacemaker
Inv.: Shepard's cane
Pesterchum: Your chumhandle is nurturingMultitasker. :D You use a lot of emoticons in your speech. :)
Bio: Your name is SHILOH SHEPARD. Today is your FIFTEENTH BIRTHDAY. You have lived and worked on your FATHER's FARM for all your life. You HERD CATTLE, SHEAR SHEEP and SING SONGS to the DUCKS who perpetually inhabit the pond on your family's farmland.

Even though you're a farmer by raising, you have a secret collection of COMPUTER GAMES that you play in your ever so slightly off-site COMPUTER CAVE which is built into the side of a hill. Don't ask how you get power all the way out there! When you're not farming and you're not playing computer games, however, you like to READ ROMANCE NOVELS BY THE FIRE.

You really like BABY THINGS: baby animals, baby people, even virtual babies on those dumb social network games (which you secretly love! :))) You also detest anyone who enjoys killing. Why would you want to throw away something as precious as life?

You are expecting some unfinished version of a NEW VIDEO GAME to arrive at your private mailbox near your COMPUTER CAVE sometime today.

(I probably will not get in due to the people who will undoubtedly write better sheets. I always preferred first come first serve anyway, since I have difficulty coming up with good character sheets but can write characters splendidly while I'm playing them.)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 06:57:05 pm by freeformschooler »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 07:41:54 pm »

Name: Albion Laurent
Feat: Ordered
Inv.: You wear a WHITE SUIT, carry various other NECESSITIES for life, and, of course your ORGANIZER. You always take your ORGANIZER everywhere. It's just incredibly useful for keeping everything in line like it should be!
Pesterchum: Your name on the internet for chatting, otherwise known as chumhandle, is vigilantOrderer. You tend to get a bit verbose in your typing, seperating your sentences with commas, especially when you get emotional about topics, and this tends to hurt you due to the quick nature of pesterchum, which can be terribly annoying, especially when you're trying, to, like, get something important out!
Bio:
Still working on this.

I'ma be fillin this 'tinger out naow.
You know what? I'm goign to make a character based off of MTG white mana because I CAN.
Edit:
BUT STILL WITH A GOOD SHEET!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 08:14:18 am by Powder Miner »

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 08:44:20 am »

How much Homestuck knowledge will be required/Will there be spoilers?
I'm about halfway through currently.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 09:30:31 am »

Name: Lady Shcena
Gende: female
Boon: 100/100
Feat: Pokemans
Personal in: A bunch of plush tuertwig dolls, 6 plastice pokeballs, gameboy Advance
Pesterchum: Your handel is redChoboco. You often talk in perfect syntax and sum misspellings that you never admt, ever.
Bio: still working on this
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 10:08:23 am »

Name: Nathan Pickle
Feat: Mental speed
Inv.: CELLPHONE, BITS OF LOOSE CHANGE, DSi, GLASSES.
Pesterchum: Your name is CautiousViewer: You usually use words such as um, er, well, with your typing, and you always trail out at the end of the sentence..
Bio: Your name is NATHAN PICKLE, A name which you really gotten picked on AT SCHOOL. This has lead you to being a SOCIAL RECLUSE, where you usually go onto pesterchum to talk to CHUMS on your perfectly functional 2ND HAND COMPUTER.

You have an intense like of bullet hells, and this includes TOUHOU, of which you have all of them. You enjoy it for the ABSURD DIFFICULTY, and the musics. This has lead to you getting a MARISA PLUSH  When you're not enjoying touhou, you like to read SCIENCE FICTION BOOKS, as they appeal to the YOUNG SCIENTIST in you. You extremely dislike sports, as all of the players that you know were PRETTY RUDE to you.

You are looking forward to today, as you have ordered an apparently beta game, which game critics are saying is going to be one of the best games of the year when it is finished, so you had to get it!
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 10:26:23 am »

How much Homestuck knowledge will be required/Will there be spoilers?
I'm about halfway through currently.
Minimal Homestuck knowledge, and I can't guarantee spoiler free. Reading the first two/three acts will pretty much be more than enough.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Elguntamo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2012, 02:23:21 pm »

Name: Rick Ventura
Feat: Powerhouse
Inv.: MASK, CELL PHONE, CELL PHONE CASE.
Pesterchum: Everyone knows you as technicalMascarado. You dislike complicated words, and have a tendency to add LOS SPANISH PRONOUNS before things that you deem important.
Bio: Your name is RICK VENTURA. You have lived all your life in YOUR UNCLE'S HOUSE, which also doubles as a GYM. You usually spend your days EXERCISING, FIXING BROKEN TREADMILLS and PRACTICING DROP KICKS.

You nurture an uncontrollable passion for LUCHA LIBRE. You like it for a variety of reasons, the first of them being the FLASHY MOVES that are used all the time. You sometimes try your hand at these impressive displays of acrobatics on the gym's RING, but you are NOT VERY GOOD AT PULLING THEM OFF. More often than not, they BACKFIRE in a HILARIOUSLY PAINFUL manner. You also like the COLORFUL MASKS, and are rarely seen without one.

You do not like people thinking that you're DUMB because of your hobbies. In fact, when you're not toning your muscled body, you often dedicate your time to studying SCIENCE BOOKS. You have an interest in BIOLOGY in particular, but your progress is slow because there are LONG WORDS everywhere.

You are expecting a copy of a beta VIDEO GAME to arrive today. You are usually not interested in such things, but since your friends recommended it you decided to give it a try.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2012, 03:27:34 pm »

Righty-do then:
Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Are there any problems with it?
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2012, 12:08:18 pm »

Bumping o/'

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2012, 12:13:15 pm »

Need another player?

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2012, 12:40:52 pm »

Considering this isn't FCFS, yes. You can ALL try to join!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2012, 12:49:27 pm »

First come first serve.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2012, 12:50:53 pm »

Oh. That reminds me that I still have to make an RTD where pre-ins get automatically placed into the waitlist.

Name: Wymar Sane. Always was, always  will be. Fuck my creativity (or lack thereof)
Tier: 1000
Feat: Online Social Butterfly
Inv.: Tome of Tropes, deals 1d6/1d% WIS damage on hit (Will save resist) N/A
Pesterchum: completelyNoctivagant. Attempts to type with perfetc grammer but typing this fast screws it up inevtalby. Occasionally speaks in redundancies occasionally.
Bio: WIP. Potentially perpetually.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 10:31:08 am by Darvi »