Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 44

Author Topic: Rolling through space: A way to complicated RTD (6/10)(OOC/Discussion)  (Read 63294 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rolling through space: A way to complicated RTD (0/6)
« Reply #90 on: April 18, 2012, 08:14:26 am »

GM, are there more differences between the active and passive radar than energy expenditure and range? Because taking only by the informations presented, a big-ass passive radar would work out better even for offensive purposes. I think actives should be the only one capable of scanning the enemy's weaker spots and such.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 08:28:35 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 18, 2012, 08:21:59 am »

GM, are there more differences between the active and passive radar than energy expenditure and range? Because taking only by the informations presented, a big-ass passive radars would work out better even for offensive purposes. I think actives should be the only one capable of scanning the enemy's weaker spots and such.
I didn't mention that thing, but active ones ae supposed to be the only ones being capable of getting info through the shield(However, a fighter equiped with a small radar could do that to by flying inside the shield.). Besides, passive can be more easily stealthed against. ( Just shutting down most systems will work). For active you'd need special sensor absorbing armor.

Also, added Tiruins modified sheet.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 18, 2012, 08:30:12 am »

After the "tutorial mission" I would also like to be allowed to stop by an independent dock/space station and spend the rest of my credits. I'll be leaving some unused so I can try and fix mistakes after the ship is tested in the trial by fire.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 18, 2012, 08:32:44 am »

After the "tutorial mission" I would also require to stop by an independant dock/space station and spend the rest of my credits. I'll be leaving some unused so I can try and fix mistakes after the ship is tested in the trial by fire.
Note that prices might fluctuate in the future (More in a sense of me saying , everything is 10% cheaper/expensive here), and that not all things are availble everywhere.( Also, not all things are availble at start) At the moment I find it a bit strange that a small nuclear generator costs as much as a few clips of ammunition.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 18, 2012, 08:36:59 am »

I think that in the future, nuclear fission is so commonly used to generate energy that a generator is inexpensive. Fission, though, is more complicated, and ammo for space weapons is trickier to produce than a fission generator.

Edit: Question, what does the remote control do?
-Also, I guess we'll have NPC crew, due to all the lifesupport and the necessary amount of work to run a battleship.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 08:47:37 am by Caellath »
>Yes?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 18, 2012, 08:49:30 am »

I think that in the future, nuclear fission is so commonly used to generate energy that a generator is inexpensive. Fission, though, is more complicated, and ammo for space weapons is trickier to produce than a fission generator.

Edit: Question, what does the remote control do?
-Also, I guess we'll have NPC crew, due to all the lifesupport and the necessary amount of work to run a battleship.
It allows you to control ships or fighters whitout putting people on them. People with the correct brainimplant can even control them with their mind.
Most of the systems are automated, but yeah there will be a smallish NPC crew.( Can hire more if you want to). Don't expect the ones you get from me free to be particulary usefull though.

Note: that missiles can fly on autopilot ( the warhead has a small targetting system) but can't change their targetting after launch whitout installing this.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 18, 2012, 12:44:30 pm »

Added some items, made a change to the robotbuddy and added a medbay to the spaceship components.( Medbay is completly not required, a field hospital 'll do fine).
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 12:49:57 pm by 10ebbor10 »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 18, 2012, 02:11:45 pm »

The system isn't that bad, right ?
It requires a spreadsheet.

I mean, it's probably doable without one, but you have no idea how handy it is to be able to punch in a number and have it autocalc min/max heat/energy, cost, and size for you.

Also, stop assuming Caellath is going to be captain. You're all going to be serving under a mad scientist space dinosaur in a heavily armored science vessel! >:(
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 18, 2012, 02:22:50 pm »

Also, stop assuming Caellath is going to be captain. You're all going to be serving under a mad scientist space dinosaur in a heavily armored science vessel! >:(
No.

Also, Godsplitter is almost finished and I am foaming less from my mouth. I guess I got the hang of it! At the cost of half of my brain cells. My IQ fell from 100 to 65.
>Yes?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 18, 2012, 02:27:18 pm »

Please don't convince me to switch this to 2 ships. Also, I should be able to make a spreadsheet in the weekend.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 18, 2012, 02:34:20 pm »

convince me to switch this to 2 ships. Also, I should be able to make a spreadsheet in the weekend.
Ok then.
* Caellath uses Convince!
>Yes?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 18, 2012, 02:58:21 pm »

Wait a second. Do weapons or engines that aren't internal benefit from the armor bonus of the section they're a part of? I've been assuming they haven't, but I think it only actually says that about radiators; the only benefit listed to either of these in their sections is that you can close them to prevent them being targeted.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 18, 2012, 03:03:11 pm »

Wait a second. Do weapons or engines that aren't internal benefit from the armor bonus of the section they're a part of? I've been assuming they haven't, but I think it only actually says that about radiators; the only benefit listed to either of these in their sections is that you can close them to prevent them being targeted.
Engines and weapons are  mostly internal but have certain external parts. If you target them specifically you will hit them whitout having to penetrate the armor.( The fact that you hit a specific section doesn't mean that armor is useless though. It will still absorb some of the damage.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 18, 2012, 03:09:11 pm »

I see. Would having them completely internal affect the ability to hit them without piercing armor completely?

Also, are shields by section or for the whole ship?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 18, 2012, 03:12:47 pm »

I see. Would having them completely internal affect the ability to hit them without piercing armor completely?

Also, are shields by section or for the whole ship?
Unless someone pulls of Death star move and shoots through the exhaust pipe, the engine is completly safe. Add to that the fact that they have to pierce 2 decks, not one. ( Even an unarmored deck has a piercing resistance)

Whole ship.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 44