Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 44

Author Topic: Rolling through space: A way to complicated RTD (6/10)(OOC/Discussion)  (Read 63347 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Rolling through space: A way to complicated RTD (0/6)
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2012, 09:54:53 pm »

Spinal_Taper, you are on a different ship than on what the current Captains are suggesting.  :P

Also, we need a Capital Ship Pilot. If nobody takes it by the end of the day, I shall shift from the ship Medical Ranks and switch duties.

Well, if anyone takes me, that is.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2012, 09:57:14 pm »

Are we gonna have a fleet of fighters?
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 17, 2012, 10:51:15 pm »

So, when a part says price = 1*size does it mean ship size or part size?
Part size. I think there might be a handful of cases where a part references total ship or section size, but they're rare and usually obvious.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2012, 11:13:49 pm »

Are we gonna have a fleet of fighters?
Depends or wherether or not you have docks installed in your ship. And wherether or not you buy them.

Also, for everyone who's making up a capital ship, don't be afraid about going a little bit above the budget, since I might rebalance some parts in the meantime.

Also, Ironyowl is right.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2012, 11:17:21 pm »

Requesting updated list of possible Captains and Crew, please.

And I noticed the Player Sheet still hasn't been formatted  :P

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 17, 2012, 11:24:55 pm »

A capital ship sounds nice, but how much over the budget can we go?

I'm getting docks and "free" fighters on my ship project. For the crewmen to have their own custom vehicle, though, I guess they would have to spend their credits.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2012, 11:26:19 pm »

Spinal_Taper, you are on a different ship than on what the current Captains are suggesting.  :P

Also, we need a Capital Ship Pilot. If nobody takes it by the end of the day, I shall shift from the ship Medical Ranks and switch duties.

Well, if anyone takes me, that is.
As in for a private fighter for myself. I can do that right?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2012, 11:53:49 pm »

I think you'd have to custom build it yourself, though, not just request a "light fighter."

I could help with that if you wanted, though.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2012, 12:06:42 am »

How long should a Capital Ship be? If a civilian transport ship has 600 length and is supposedly big, then a fully-armed behemoth should be around 1.5x or 2.0x bigger than that in my opinion.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2012, 12:09:01 am »

A capital ship sounds nice, but how much over the budget can we go?

I'm getting docks and "free" fighters on my ship project. For the crewmen to have their own custom vehicle, though, I guess they would have to spend their credits.
Up to 25.000, I think.( But really, in that case you have to have a biorelated reason.) Also depends on how strong the ship is.

I think you'd have to custom build it yourself, though, not just request a "light fighter."

Yeah, I'd be a custom build one. I do intend to make some example fighters though.

How long should a Capital Ship be? If a civilian transport ship has 600 length and is supposedly big, then a fully-armed behemoth should be around 1.5x or 2.0x bigger than that in my opinion.
Yeah, something like that, maybe even bigger. Don't think you will get that on your budget though

Yeah, i'd be a custom build one. I do intend to add a fighter example design, maybe two later today.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2012, 12:14:38 am »

Yeah, that'd be helpful. I can't do it today though, stuck on a mobile

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2012, 12:39:10 am »

The ship should be as big as it needs to be to hold all of our stuff, which should probably be as much stuff as we can afford.

In related news, I am seriously debating the merits of internal weapons batteries. For projectile weapons, they literally double the cost; though, to be fair, having that section armored can more than double their hit points.

Anyway, I might post a fighter design of my own at some point. I'd recommend batteries and heat sinks unless you want it to be more of a long-range, extended operations kind of thing, since our main ship's generators will almost assuredly have some spare capacity to charge you up.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2012, 06:14:52 am »

The ship should be as big as it needs to be to hold all of our stuff, which should probably be as much stuff as we can afford.

In related news, I am seriously debating the merits of internal weapons batteries. For projectile weapons, they literally double the cost; though, to be fair, having that section armored can more than double their hit points.

Anyway, I might post a fighter design of my own at some point. I'd recommend batteries and heat sinks unless you want it to be more of a long-range, extended operations kind of thing, since our main ship's generators will almost assuredly have some spare capacity to charge you up.
About that

I just seriously buffed missiles. ( Increased the capacity of the missile launcher and such)

Also the max safe overheating for a small missile/fighter is 50 (Note, try to avoid overheating though, while the chance for failures under 50 heat is small, inconveniences can spring up). Overheating cap does not increase linearly.

Also, overcharging of ship systems is possible. Rules on that later.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 07:37:25 am by 10ebbor10 »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2012, 06:40:37 am »

I hope this isn't one of those games that goes for five pages of character creating and never gets started. :P

I suggest we make a split-this should be the OOC/planning thread. When we get it started, we make a game thread. Player list should also be made, right now we have about five say, I believe.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2012, 06:44:08 am »

Nah, this will start solely because we'll end up poking the GM fiercely to get it going after all the trouble we had.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 44