Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13

Author Topic: Wasteland 2!  (Read 34408 times)

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
Re: Wasteland 2!
« Reply #75 on: December 19, 2013, 02:00:04 am »

this thread needs more talk about the game itself. I am actually very curious how it is, can anyone illuminate on that?
I got nothing

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 19, 2013, 02:31:56 am »

Will get this on GoG. Even if it costs more than Steam. I dislike DRMs in any form, and would even pay a little extra to get rid of them.

As far as I can tell Wasteland 2 isn't using Steamworks.  Given that the only restriction is having to download it from Steam's servers, how exactly is GoG any different?

There was a time when the type of DRM used (disc check? install limit? E.T. phone home?) wasn't openly declared. I had to search for the developer's/publisher's statement on which kind was used.

Then there's the problem of accuracy of such statements. It cannot be from an outsider, must be the developer/publisher. And even that might change... e.g. early on the developer may want no DRM, but later they wanted to make use of SteamWorks to save some development effort. In that case I must look for statements after release where it's all settled.

If I buy from GoG, then it's crystal clear that I won't get any DRM. Plus, I like GoG and will always give them business over Steam. And then Steam over Origin/UPlay.
Pretty sure gog is owned by EA or has deep ties with EA & Origin.

GoG is owned by (or is a sister company of) CDProject, the polish guys who make the Witcher games.
Love, scriver~

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #77 on: December 19, 2013, 02:47:38 am »

OP just lock this, it's a lost cause.
I got nothing

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 19, 2013, 11:42:32 am »

I'm definitely looking forward to get my KSed copy. I was pondering whether getting a free demo of the beta but I don't feel like getting 4 gigabytes of stuff that's going to be obsoleted every so often.

So I'm just going to have to wait for release. But it looks kickass. I like pretty much everything about it, however it could use more Bloody Pulp animations. Like disintegration by energy pistol or your head asplode or something.

It does feel very Wastelandsy. I've played thru the original WL so many times, what's not to love.

Now, let's talk more Wasteland.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 19, 2013, 12:32:37 pm »

Here's RPS' impression: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/12/19/wasteland-2-preview/#more-181561

TLDR: Game is promising, but it runs like an alpha right now, not a beta. Really, really poor frame rates, bad quest logic, corrupted saves. Does not sound like something people should run out to try, unless they're seriously interested in being a tester.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 12:35:17 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 19, 2013, 12:43:54 pm »

Ah, good. Current problems aside, it sounds like whenever the game is actually done and I get to play it it'll be what I was hoping for.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 19, 2013, 02:07:05 pm »

Hopefully there's more than one place to use a rope (I'm lookin at you Fallout 2).
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 18, 2014, 09:26:24 pm »

Arise...  arise from your tomb!  Be free to bring ruin upon the interwebz!

Apparently this is finally coming out, tomorrow.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 18, 2014, 09:40:17 pm »

Wow! This won't be the first kickstarter I received, but it was definitely the first I backed!
I've been waiting patiently for quite a while to try the finished product (managed to avoid the temptation of the beta), so as not to spoil myself.
Hopefully it's relatively bug free. :)

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 18, 2014, 10:20:03 pm »

Oh cool, after doing half of the campaign for the 3rd time, finally my saved games aren't going to get wiped out :P

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 19, 2014, 02:54:14 am »

I'm almost too afraid to play this. I backed it and I really want it to be great, but the whole character creation was just so bad.
I think I need to just roll randoms and get into the game itself before the character creation sucks the motivation out of me.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 19, 2014, 03:39:07 am »

Yeah, this is one of those games I'm scared to play, because I want to like too much already. Yet I'm afraid of a disappointment on the level of Master of Orion 3. I guess I'll keep playing Dead State beta a little longer while they patch Wasteland some more.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 19, 2014, 10:46:13 am »

The best way to build a character is to focus on one weapon, then save some points for when you need that extra Lockpicking or safecracking point, and just try to split those very important skills among the whole party.

Too bad it's a bit metagamey tho, it would be nicer if you had enough points to have redundancy of skills.
But in the first Wasteland you also weren't supposed to buy Safecracking for more than one guy.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 19, 2014, 11:06:50 am »

Been waiting on this and wanting it for a while....but I'd like to here some release version reviews.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 19, 2014, 06:51:48 pm »

I googled this but didnt find a straight answer. How moddable is this?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13