Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: my expedition leader is a cross-dresser in a flaming hot dress.  (Read 14219 times)

LeonL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: my expedition leader is a cross-dresser in a flaming hot dress.
« Reply #75 on: April 14, 2012, 07:53:30 pm »

one of the cornerstones of live comedy is that men in women's clothing is always funny...

Only if you're British or like British flavored comedy...

Long live Monty Python!!

Masta Crouton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 14, 2012, 09:09:53 pm »

see, that's just not true.

american media outside of theater? sure. but let me tell you, the Python tradition is alive in well on the stages of the good ol' U.S of A.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 14, 2012, 09:18:22 pm »

I could imagine Kodkod being rather well-dressed at a wedding.  Long, draping dress with several thin layers, each tugged and pinned slightly to give a cascading appearance, combined with full shoulders (no halter-top type) and a pair of sensible flats.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
She would not be overly happy with it, though she would secretly enjoy the exotic feeling of sophisticated daintiness and privately revel in the sway of the fabric and the freedom of the legs, it wouldn't really stick with her over the long term, and she'd store the dress away peacefully.  Except every once in a while tend to imagine the feel again, but never actually bring herself to get it down from the attic.

Also she'd be really self-important the first time she wore it, feeling fashionable and somewhat powerful, almost refreshed, though if she were to ever wear it a second time or onward it would be with a feeling of expectation and disappointment, as she doesn't quite get the unexplainable power trip from wearing the dress, and instead endures it casually, but secretly waits for it to "kick in".

Also what's a suicide summons?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 14, 2012, 09:19:30 pm »

I could imagine Kodkod being rather well-dressed at a wedding.  Long, draping dress with several thin layers, each tugged and pinned slightly to give a cascading appearance, combined with full shoulders (no halter-top type) and a pair of sensible flats.
She would not be overly happy with it, though she would secretly enjoy the exotic feeling of sophisticated daintiness and privately revel in the sway of the fabric and the freedom of the legs, it wouldn't really stick with her over the long term, and she'd store the dress away peacefully.  Except every once in a while tend to imagine the feel again, but never actually bring herself to get it down from the attic.

Also she'd be really self-important the first time she wore it, feeling fashionable and somewhat powerful, almost refreshed, though if she were to ever wear it a second time or onward it would be with a feeling of expectation and disappointment, as she doesn't quite get the unexplainable power trip from wearing the dress, and instead endures it casually, but secretly waits for it to "kick in".

This.

KODKODKODKODKODKODKODKODKODKODKODKODKODKODKODKODKODKODKODKODKODKODKODKODKODKODKODKODKODKODKODKODKODKODKODKODKODKODKODKODKODKODKODKOD

Now, lets see if it works and she appears.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Monk321654

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPUTER_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 14, 2012, 09:21:00 pm »

I wonder why pants were invented...
It's easier to run in a kilt/skirt.
Or so I've heard.
I guess pants can protect your legs from bad weather...
At the cost of mobility...
Am I correct about this?
This is a side-effect of dwarven animal training (hit animal with hammer until it forgets that it hates you, then lovingly cuddle it).

I'm not your average Bay12er. I care about my drunken midgets.

Masta Crouton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 14, 2012, 09:30:33 pm »

sometimes, not having your lower legs exposed to branches, stinging plants, insects, mud, water, the sun, cold, wind and small animals is nice.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 14, 2012, 09:37:57 pm »

Pants are easier to run in.  Skirts are just a bit eh for running.  If they're long enough to protect you from rain/sun, they're long enough to prevent running or climbing.  In general, they're fine as long as you're not moving.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2012, 09:40:29 pm »

I wonder why pants were invented...
It's easier to run in a kilt/skirt.
Or so I've heard.
I guess pants can protect your legs from bad weather...
At the cost of mobility...
Am I correct about this?

They also provide some protection against horrible, painful things coming up from below. Well-fitting, moderately elastic pants don't hinder movement that much anyway, but like GIH mentioned, having thick bands of fabric wrapped around both legs is akin to being tied up. You're not going anywhere fast.

Dorfs in dresses could definitely appear manly, if it's not a bloody sky-blue prom dress or something.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 14, 2012, 09:43:07 pm »

These are Dwarves.  A "dress" is probably more like "butcher's apron".  Well, these are Dwarves.  A dress might be a robin's egg blue nightgown.  Because Dwarves.

Monk321654

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPUTER_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 14, 2012, 09:51:47 pm »

A sky blue dress might not seem so wimpy when the man/woman wearing it has ripped your teeth out and shoved them in your eyes.
This is a side-effect of dwarven animal training (hit animal with hammer until it forgets that it hates you, then lovingly cuddle it).

I'm not your average Bay12er. I care about my drunken midgets.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #85 on: April 15, 2012, 03:39:18 am »

In addition, if you repeat my name seven times while circling a boulder I’ll kill you in your sleep.

How big must aforementioned boulder be...?

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of despair and alcoholism.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 15, 2012, 07:18:44 am »

I get the feeling that you’re describing your life experiences as opposed to what you expected of me. Is there something you want to tell us?

Well-dressed is right but I'm afraid you're a bit out with the rest of your guesswork. I don't wear dresses, I really don't. I haven't worn a dress once in my time as an adult woman, I do not even OWN a dress and the last time I must have worn one would have been about 15 years ago.

I was originally planning on wearing a very smart blouse/skirt number, but I made a last minute decision to forgo that and instead wear black suit pants and a smart white shirt. This white shirt in particular is the love of my life. It’s got thick black hearts for the top three buttons. Thick black hearts! I don’t wear it nearly often enough, and when I do it’s usually with this awesome retro red plaid skirt complete with bigass safety pin and all the works, and thigh-highs, though that’s obviously not wedding material.

Out of over two hundred guests, of which probably 70% were woman, I was the only one not wearing a dress. Frankly some women really have no idea how to dress themselves. For instance, if you have rolls and rolls of back-fat why wear an open-back dress that makes it all hang out? Nobody wants to see that! Or maybe so many people there made so many poor choices intentionally? After all it certainly made the bride look extra-special by comparison to their ugly mushes.

/人‿‿人\
Tell me what you see. It's a mortal wretched cacophony!
KodBlog: A rage in progress. Updated 20/04/12

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 15, 2012, 07:48:16 am »

[/quote]

I get the feeling that you’re describing your life experiences as opposed to what you expected of me. Is there something you want to tell us?

Well-dressed is right but I'm afraid you're a bit out with the rest of your guesswork. I don't wear dresses, I really don't. I haven't worn a dress once in my time as an adult woman, I do not even OWN a dress and the last time I must have worn one would have been about 15 years ago.

I was originally planning on wearing a very smart blouse/skirt number, but I made a last minute decision to forgo that and instead wear black suit pants and a smart white shirt. This white shirt in particular is the love of my life. It’s got thick black hearts for the top three buttons. Thick black hearts! I don’t wear it nearly often enough, and when I do it’s usually with this awesome retro red plaid skirt complete with bigass safety pin and all the works, and thigh-highs, though that’s obviously not wedding material.

Out of over two hundred guests, of which probably 70% were woman, I was the only one not wearing a dress. Frankly some women really have no idea how to dress themselves. For instance, if you have rolls and rolls of back-fat why wear an open-back dress that makes it all hang out? Nobody wants to see that! Or maybe so many people there made so many poor choices intentionally? After all it certainly made the bride look extra-special by comparison to their ugly mushes.
[/quote][/spoiler]

WHY KODKOD. WHY MUST YOU GIVE ME THESE IMAGES!
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 15, 2012, 08:33:17 am »

Wow you flubbed up your quoting and spoiling there :P

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of despair and alcoholism.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 15, 2012, 08:46:00 am »

WHY KODKOD. WHY MUST YOU GIVE ME THESE IMAGES!

Forget mental images, I was the one who was actually there having to witness a walrus in a tight open back dress bouncing around on the dancefloor.

Sheesh. I'm surprised I didn't lose my lunch. Why do some people assume that the best way to make themselves NOT unattractive is to squeeze into as tight a number as possible and hope that nobody notices the vast oceans of flab that cover their MacDonalds eating asses?
/人‿‿人\
Tell me what you see. It's a mortal wretched cacophony!
KodBlog: A rage in progress. Updated 20/04/12
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7