Stalker
- 38 (19.2%)
Kobold
- 73 (36.9%)
Guardian
- 19 (9.6%)

Total Members Voted: 192

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 54

Author Topic: The journey of Deebus, a kobold story.  (Read 192952 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: The journey of Deebus, a kobold story.
« Reply #750 on: November 03, 2013, 10:13:48 pm »

Glowing eyes, yellow, large ears... Seems you hit the nail on the head.

The fun thing about the descriptions in DF is that it leaves you room to imagine them however you like. Whether it be rat-like, lizard-like, etc.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: November 04, 2013, 01:35:08 am »

I thought you did a great job with that, given that it's pretty close to the description in-game. We've had a lot of arguments on this forum regarding what kobolds should look like, as I recall.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: November 04, 2013, 09:30:12 am »

Yeah, ranging from the cutebolds, to the more humanoid big eared goblins, to more reptillian, and maybe one that was jawa-ish.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: November 04, 2013, 09:41:03 am »

Also, no one's mad about my (at last) visual depictions of kobolds, right?

Besides how clean they are they look about how I expect them to look based on the description.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: December 26, 2013, 07:08:20 pm »

Limestone 2nd, 200

The very next morning, before the sun even rose, they set off. Tlukankis had gathered some provisions, but aside from them she took only her dagger and the clothes on her back.

She had no idea where Wraingi's lair might be, but she was an excellent tracker. Like most kobolds, she had little experience in an actual fight, but from years of sneaking, fleeing, and hiding, she knew how to tread silently and avoid harm. She knew how to kill an animal with a spear, and knew nearly as well how to kill them with a knife, which was a rarer and riskier method among kobolds.

Deebus asked if she knew how to swim, but it had been years since she had needed to. So, as the sun was rising, he found a tiny pond for her to practice in. The old thief should not drown, else they would never get anywhere. After several minutes, she felt ready to cross the nearby river. It seemed empty, likely having just thawed, so Deebus agreed it made a good crossing point. He crossed quickly, her trailing behind but not struggling. He grasped the overhang on the other side, ready to pull himself up. Then he heard a great splash.

It should have been too cold yet for alligators. But there one was, risen from the riverbed where Tlukankis had been only a moment ago and the water turning red around it. Deebus was back there in an instant, leaping to slice open the beast's jaws. She was not in them, though, as instead he saw her with legs wrapped around the gator's snout, dagger embedded in it's scaly forehead. She had failed to pierce the brain, but had gouged the scaly hide thick enough to draw plenty of blood.

Tlukankis pulled out her dagger and stabbed again. And again. It passed out, but she could not seem to break its thick skull. Deebus was about to help her finish it off, but he was forced to spin around in the water.

The eel made a beeline for the blood, but tried to latch onto Deebus first. He was faster than the fish, though, and far more than a match for it. He deftly grabbed it behind the tooth-lined sucker and crushed its head with his fist. Tlukankis, realizing her attacker had passed out, detached herself and reached around the head, slitting the gator's throat. Soon the river was entirely red downstream, and the beast went limp.

Reassured, Deebus paddled across again, and together the kobolds climbed out into the rain.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 01:47:05 am by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: December 26, 2013, 08:01:29 pm »

IT BACK
THIS GOOD
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: December 27, 2013, 04:33:13 am »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: December 27, 2013, 01:34:55 pm »

Later that day, while trudging across snowy plains, they were beset by a pack of wolves. They had been following a river gorge, looking for the falls to cross above, when the pack cornered them. Were they to run, they would have to run past the wolves. Deebus would not run, though. He stood firm. He told Tlukankis that though wolves were large and fierce, like most animals they lacked skill and cunning. The pack rushed in for the kill. Deebus killed four of them quickly, slicing them in half.

Tlukankis hadn't a weapon as mighty as his, but she thrust her dagger forth, meeting a charging wolf and splitting its collarbone. It's momentum carried it into her, and together they fell down, it coughing blood over her. She slit its throat and shoved it off.

There was now only one wolf left unharmed. It started fleeing as the kobolds finished off its wounded fellows. Tlukankis began to charge after it, but Deebus grabbed her shoulder. It had seen what they could do: it would not bother them again. Perhaps it might even tell the other wolves.

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: December 27, 2013, 05:19:18 pm »

MORE DEEBUS EVEN BETTER
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

blazing glory

« Reply #759 on: January 02, 2014, 06:15:34 pm »

Just reached the end,suprised that this is still going.

Also,PTW

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: January 24, 2014, 05:47:25 pm »

Night fell. They did not fear, though: the spirits of darkness were not known to attack those who were not alone. So they walked through the night, looking for a sheltered place to sleep. Deebus remembered a nearby burrow he had found once, nearby to the north. They soon found it, but Deebus had to warn Tlukankus: he had never entered the burrow, as he had been trying to reach somewhere else before nightfall when he found it.

Inside, it was a long tunnel with, as Deebus thought, a troll slumbering at the end. Tlukankis was hesitant. She had plundered from trolls before, and knew she could creep amongst them without ever waking them. But to sleep in one's lair?

Deebus assured her that it was no problem; they only had to kill the troll first. It was no different than stealing from them, stealing their lives as trolls had stolen the lives of countless kobolds. And so he crept along, his weapon in front of him, ready to strike. Until Tlukankis pushed right past him.

She leapt upon the troll, plunging her dagger into its leg. The beast awoke with a roar, but before it could react, her dagger was out of the leg and into its chest. Stabbing, pulling, stabbing, she worked over the troll, spilling the foul blue blood everywhere. First to go was the throat, then the shoulders, paralyzing the arms and leaving it helpless to her frenzy. Deebus was surprised at the ferocity with which she attacked, the unhinged fury of every stab. He was not so surprised to see another troll shared the lair, though, wakened by the cries of the other and rearing up in rage. He thrust his weapon forth.

The two kobolds stood there for some time over the two trolls, one dead with a face cleaved in two, the other dying, leaking it's last blood and bile from a lacerated torso. Tlukankis breathed heavily.

blazing glory

« Reply #761 on: January 24, 2014, 07:34:49 pm »

Tlukankis breathed heavily.

Is this story telling or has she got a damaged lung?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: January 24, 2014, 07:46:09 pm »

She hasn't been injured so far.

sonofperturabo

• Bay Watcher
  • you can never have enough fortifications
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: February 19, 2014, 01:19:41 am »

Deebus isn't likely to follow in Khal Drogo's footsteps. He'd be pale or something on his Health screen.
Code: [Select]

by Khal Drogo i assume you mean Draigo from 40k? what does that have to do with being pale?
iron within, iron withouth
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 54