Stalker
- 38 (19.2%)
Kobold
- 73 (36.9%)
Guardian
- 19 (9.6%)

Total Members Voted: 192

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 54

Author Topic: The journey of Deebus, a kobold story.  (Read 192963 times)

frobird

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Corindia
Re: The journey of Deebus, a kobold story.
« Reply #720 on: August 19, 2013, 09:48:53 pm »

I thought it actually does that if you encountered them in their lair and then didn't kill them.
It does(would, I suppose) sort of put a damper on your night.

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: August 22, 2013, 06:49:39 pm »

Bump
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #722 on: August 24, 2013, 01:33:47 am »

Bump
We've been bumping this thread for as long as I can remember. Hugo, however, hasn't given us a proper update in a long while. :(

All we can do is hope.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: August 24, 2013, 02:03:30 am »

Patience. I'm deciding whether or not to illustrate, or just be more narrative. Not sure which will take longer.

EDIT: Well, probably am going to include pictures, it's just taking a while for me to be satisfied with them.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 02:07:41 am by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #724 on: August 25, 2013, 07:22:17 pm »

squawk, alright :)
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: August 30, 2013, 01:56:32 am »

Patience. I'm deciding whether or not to illustrate, or just be more narrative. Not sure which will take longer.

EDIT: Well, probably am going to include pictures, it's just taking a while for me to be satisfied with them.
We shall wait, patiently.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: August 30, 2013, 02:04:18 am »

You know what, screw the pictures. Adobe hates me. Was going to do them, but it's taking too long and I'm having a subscription error.

On the bright side, it means I can proceed with the update sooner.

Also, didn't help that in the middle of drawing I was struck by an idea for total-conversion-modding a certain game.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: September 02, 2013, 01:35:23 pm »

Music

Crash.

Crash.

Crash.

Every one of Murime's steps shook the earth and sent clouds of dust blowing outwards, the rushing air scattering his victims' bones that were strewn about the floor. Deebus stood his ground amidst the dust, steady amidst the shaking, his mask shielding his eyes from the chaos. In moments the Bronze King was before him, drawing back a massive arm to crush.

With one fluid motion, Deebus dashed forward past the massive fist and swung around, slashing the wrist just as the hand struck bare stone with earth-shattering force. The great metal fist remained on the ground as Murime drew back his arm. Murime stood still for a solid second, but otherwise did not seem phased. He turned around to face Deebus, just as Deebus lept to slash him across his knee. Though the blade was sharp, it wasn't a deep cut, and with more speed than should be possible in such a massive thing, Murime thrust his knee outward to meet the kobold midair.

He flew backwards, hitting the ground hard and tumbling down the stone ramp. Barely did he have time to stand before Murime came again with another crushing blow, a great stomp right near him. All he could do was roll out of the way, and in his stunned state he could not countermaneuver into a stike, just constantly dodge backwards as the Bronze King relentlessly stomped at him. Just as he was about to recover, a crashing foot slammed into the ground in front of him, the sheer force blowing him backwards into a pillar.

As the next mighty blow came, though, Deebus rolled towards it instead of backwards, passing the foot and letting the shockwave carry him behind Murime.
Swinging his weapon wide, he scored a deep gash in the back of Murime's left leg. It was no concern to the Bronze King, who simply turned around unhindered, but found the kobold running up the slope as he did so. Deebus stood on the higher ground, knowing that Murime's height gave a few extra feet little advantage for striking, but knowing too that Murime could not stomp here without unbalancing himself.

As thoughtless as he seemed, though, Murime now seemd too clever. He swept his arm at Deebus, forcing him to leap backwards, and stepped up onto the upper flagstones. As Deebus recovered, Murime drew back his foot for a mighty kick to send the Kobold into the sky.

Deebus, too, was clever though, and much faster. Easily moving aside, he thrust out the blade of his weapon, catching the foot and causing its own momentum to drive the edge all the way through. Half of the great metal foot went flying forth from the kick, plowing into the hillside, and Murime was at last unbalanced. He tried to step again, but slowly he tilted forth, then began racing towards the ground. Deebus leapt sideways, and with a great crash he heard his foe fall behind him.

The impact splintered stone and metal alike, and large chunks of bronze fell away as Murime pulled himself up from the ruined flagstone. The cracks were huge, but were as mere gouges to his immense metal body. Still much faster than should be expected, he came crawling on hands and knees towards Deebus, still shaking the earth with each step.

He had laid the Bronze King low, but Deebus knew anything important would still be difficult to strike. Dashing beneath Murime, he leapt again and plunged his blade into the chest. It gouged deeply, but he felt only solid metal. No heart, no organs, nothing. Truly the Bronze King was not alive as other creatures were, then. How could he be defeated?

Murime interrupted this split-second contemplation by slamming his body downwards. Again Deebus was sent stumbling backwards, and again Murime whirled around to face him. Deebus saw. pillar on the left, on the right, and behind him. Nowhere to dodge but forward. Then he looked into the Bronze King's lifeless face. There was one thing he had yet to try.

As the great fist came towards him, Deebus coiled his legs and jumped as high as he could. He landed atop the wrist, quickly gaining footing and running up the arm before Murime could shake him off. He plunged his weapon into the back of Murime's neck, so deep the blade was fully embedded. Murime began whipping his head about, but Deebus held tightly to the haft of his weapon. The blade was shaken back and forth by the motion, widening the cut with each thrash. As he was flipped about, Deebus tried to gain his footing. Finally, the cut growing very wide and deep, Murime stopped shaking around, and Deebus hooked his foot in the carved line of Murime's beard. Using his whole body, Deebus wrenched down on his weapon.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 08:24:54 pm by HugoLuman »

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
  • Mainly a lurker unfortunetley.
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: September 02, 2013, 02:10:49 pm »

I wonder how Deebus is going to react to the statue...
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Does the walker chose the path, or the path the walker?

Tolis Kadestozi

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Mace Lord Vampire
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: September 02, 2013, 03:43:48 pm »

O.O  Is the bronze king dead?!? I can't wait!

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: September 02, 2013, 08:05:18 pm »

Woohoo! Deebus update!
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #732 on: September 04, 2013, 03:09:20 am »

Woohoo! Deebus update!
+1

I am impressed. A shame about the pictures; I always think they add something to a story.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Kolnukbyne

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great laziness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: September 06, 2013, 09:15:00 am »

You know, after finally reading this I feel genuinely bad that I hadn't read more than the first post sooner.

Deebus, shine on you wild star.

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: September 09, 2013, 06:33:38 am »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 54