Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Adventurers hall  (Read 2988 times)

MikaTheCrazy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't know why this is my avatar now
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurers hall
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2012, 01:05:58 pm »

I haven't checked in a while so I would like to confirm something, do I own a war bear?
Okay fine, maybe I'm too lazy to find something to put here.

Siverix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2012, 04:35:58 am »

I haven't checked in a while so I would like to confirm something, do I own a war bear?

Yes, you do. You also have two war dogs.

Siverix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2012, 05:43:28 am »

The yearly report of Litast, year 355.

The construction of the wall has somewhat stalled because we run out of blocks. However we did manage to complete a paved road across the river.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This should ensure what the merchants will always be able to come to the construction site.

I would also like to inform you that I have been given the title of Baron. Apparently the mayor knew that I was the one who was in charge, not him. Atleast now it's official. Offcourse my title means what I will need to have a tomb and no tomb should ever go without engravings. Here are a couple of examples:

Since we are on the subject of death I should mention the death of one of the miners who succumbed to infection after a collapse of a constructed floor.

Why he didn't go to get examined is beyond me.

This however is not the only death what happened this year. A number of workers have gone missing. But death did not embrace only dwarves this year. Another minotaur was slain by Mika.
How much the Kobold ambush ambush had to do with the minotaurs demise is up to interpretation.

But enough dwelling on death. One of our medical dwarves, well one incharge, made a figurine.

Such depictions of elven foolishness is sure to attract many a dwarven adventurer.

As always I include a map of the construction site.

MikaTheCrazy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't know why this is my avatar now
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2012, 11:31:32 am »

Mwahahahaha! Come you weakling minotaurs!... On a more serious note nice update, hope I get to murder more minotaurs.
Okay fine, maybe I'm too lazy to find something to put here.

Siverix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2012, 02:26:13 am »

The yearly report of Litast, year 356.

Construction of the wall is coming along nicely. The second level has been completed and the construction of the third level has already started. The trading however didn't go as smoothly this year. The human caravan got slaughtered before we could even open the gates and a tree has grown in the way leading to the dwarven caravan bypassing the construction site. We didn't really need anything from the caravans anyway so it didn't cripple the construction in any way.

While the lack of certain supplies didn't disrupt the construction of the wall in any way a couple of uninvited guests did.

My masons getting inspired to make objects other than blocks is also interrupting the flow of construction but atleast this will bring great fame for the keep.

Just like every year a rendition of the wall is included.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 02:27:49 am by Siverix »

Siverix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2012, 04:36:12 am »

The yearly report of Litast, year 357.

The floor of the third level has been completed and the work on the walls has begun. The trees getting in the way of the caravans have been cut and the supply of goods we can't make on site have resumed.

Three objects of great wealth have also been created.

This year didn't go trough without incident either. First a Minotaur came but the mercenaries who were proteting the human caravan killed it before our military could even get out the gates.

When one of the medics was imprisoned for violating a production order.

Also some panda people migrated through the site. This is a nice change because all the bird people are getting in the way of construction.

As always I include a sketch of the site.

Does anyone have any ideas abaut what I should do with a bunch of Owl people?

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2012, 08:53:24 pm »

Looking sharp! I like the statues on the sides of the walls.

Owl ppl -- make them w/n the walls, with glass window blocking them from outside, but people can see them fluttering around.

Siverix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2012, 07:23:48 am »

The yearly report of Litast, year 358.

The third level of the wall has been completed.

Several objects worth mentioning have been created:

This year was really quiet. The only thing to assault the site was a were sloth.

Also a Forgotten beast came.

While no one really attacked us the human merchants noticed a dwarve stuck on a part of the wall inaccessible at the time. I fear we would have lost this dwarve(a legendary stone crafter) to starvation would he not have been seen by the merchants.

As every year I include a sketch.

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2012, 09:40:52 am »

Nice wall!  ;D

What'd you do w/ the owl people??

Siverix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2012, 02:26:16 pm »

Nice wall!  ;D

What'd you do w/ the owl people??

I'll probably do what you suggested and put them in the walls of the small towers.
Pages: 1 [2]