Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Adventurers hall  (Read 2992 times)

Siverix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Adventurers hall
« on: April 08, 2012, 09:24:23 am »

I decided what carrying all my goodies around was not the best idea so I'm building an adventurers guild. I also decided what the community might be interested in this construction and this is why this thread was made.Onto the story.

Litast was sitting in a tavern drinking a beer when he was approached by an Ironclad human. The tall slender human introduced himself as Zatthud Deerburns the representative of adventurers guild. Litast has never heard of such a guild but what he learned next intrigued him. Zatthud gave Litast 5 platinum coins(worth twice as much as a gold coin) and promised him a hundred times as much if Litast agrees to organize and oversee the construction of Bronzecastle the heart of adventure. Litast didn't think much about the fancy name but the 5 platinum coins he just received where enough to convince him of Zatthud's wealth, he agreed.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The site wasn't what bad either.

The next day Litast bought some supplies and employed a couple of other dwarves, well six actually.

Supplies:

Dwarves:

Litast, Chief architect

A caravan guard who got left behind after night of partying(I accidentally cut of too much of the image :()

As, a farmer

Deler, a mason

Nil, another mason

Asob, a miner who trains animals when mining contracts are far and few in between.

Odom, also a miner by trade odom not only mines but smooths the tunnels

Litast was not disappointed when he arrived at the site it was nice and level a perfect spot for one of the overground fortresses humans liked so much.

By the time summer arrived on the calendar the mason work area was already finished

As-well as the living quarters for the workers

And the farms
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 06:32:55 am by Siverix »

Siverix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurers hall
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 01:06:01 pm »

A year has passed since Litast and his employees arrived on the site of Bronzecastle in this year the other 13 builders arrived(I set the pop cap to 20). The first artifact of Bronzecastle was created a dacite millstone:

Litast was slightly worried a millstone was not something fitting an adventurer's keep.

But it wasn't the only thing on his mind, an entire year has passed and all he had to show for this was a pile of stockpiled dacite blocks and a square hole in a hill

« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 06:33:31 am by Siverix »

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 07:14:22 pm »

Very fun idea. Obviously similar to the museum, but I still like the idea and am excited to see what it turns into. Might try myself!

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 07:17:58 pm »

One problem.

ADVENTUERS CANT RETIRE IN A FORTRESS DX

Unless its on-top of a hamlet, but still!
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Siverix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 01:16:51 am »

One problem.

ADVENTUERS CANT RETIRE IN A FORTRESS DX

Unless its on-top of a hamlet, but still!

I was thinking more about a place where I drop all my cool stuff. Retiring is for pussies you just need to keep on going.

Siverix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 04:03:33 am »

It might have taken Litast an entire year but the soil layer was removed and now Litast could start planing the keep. Litast might have have gotten a little carried away with his plans but this is what he came up with.

What do you guys yhink of my plan for the walls? the side view of the is 1:1 by the way
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 06:34:43 am by Siverix »

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, 06:53:56 am »

::) zzzZZZZ - boorrriiinnnggggggg

That is as basic and as boring as I'll get out.

Resource Center (to  help generate ideas):

Pretty much anything here.

Siverix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 10:08:38 am »

It's just a wall where ain't much you can do about it. The actual keep however is gonna have to be something. I'm thinking about one of does Renaissance era churches but with a glass dome.

Another year has passed and Litast was writing his report to Zatthud.

The first interesting thing in this report was a description of a cabinet.
While the cabinet itself wasn't what valuable(3600 Db) the circumstances of it's creation were unusual. The dwarf who made was possessed.

When Litast was done attaching stock records to his report he decided to write about the werelizard goblin who creeped into his camp.
How did Litast knew it was a goblin? well what's simple the crazed goblin found it's into the camp at the very end of the moon cycle, tore a couple chunks out of a craftdwarf helping at the construction site turned back into a goblin and ran away.

Fath was the craftdwarf's name and apparently this wasn't the first time she was forced to defend herself.

This wasn't the only goblin attack this year either, although the other goblin were normal.

However they were quickly chased off by the camps militia.

One dwarf was killed in this skirmish not bad when consider the fact that they get no training at all and our equipment consists of a few low boots and a couple of breastplates.

Finally a map of the camp was included in Litast's report on it was the very outer part of the keeps wall.

Does no one want to adopt a dorf?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 06:35:39 am by Siverix »

MikaTheCrazy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't know why this is my avatar now
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2012, 12:46:37 pm »

I shall take any military dwarf with a description involving insanity. Could you maybe upload the save, and please say which version it's for.
Okay fine, maybe I'm too lazy to find something to put here.

Siverix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2012, 01:10:51 pm »

Okay here's the save it's for 34.07 with wonderers friend mod and everyciv builds cities. I might have also modified the ethics of noming on sentients.
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6140

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2012, 06:21:59 pm »

Sorry, thought that was plans for the Keep. Great for walls!

Siverix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2012, 11:28:55 am »

It was the first day of spring and Litast was writing up his yearly report. He requested more workers be sent his way(I decided what I'm gonna expand the popcap to 50). He informed Zatthud what the only wildlife he saw around Bronzecastle in the three years he lived here were birds, giant birds, and birdmen. Litast also wrote about the incident what almost cost him his best miner's life.

While writing about the incident Litast started writing about the dwarven baby what died after a goblin ambush, he didn't know he would write this but he did.

Also a diplomat went berserk but I have no idea how to incorporate him into the story
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 06:36:23 am by Siverix »

Siverix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2012, 02:21:15 pm »

The yearly report of Litast, year 353.

The workers I asked for last year arrived there are now 62 dwarves on site. With this many dwarves I was able to spare 10 of them to ensure the longevity of the construction. The squad is led by Mika although other dwarves like to refer to him as The crazy one, my best guess is that it relates to his wish to help fellow dwarves combined with his anger management skills or lack there off. This has led to a few dwarves being punched in the face after declining help, also the grizzly bear following him around might have something to do with it. The dwarves however where not the only thing to arrive this year. Bronzecastle attracted a guess albeit an uninvited one.

Since this guest, a minotaur, is stuck between two trees I have put off dealing with it until the militia is properly armored in some sort of metal.

I also have some better news one of the unskilled laborers made an incredible wooden cup. This will look great in one of the vaults which will be built in the future.

The local trader inspected it and says it's worth over 26 000 coppers.

Just like every year I include a map of Bronzecastle. As you can see the first level of one of the corner towers has been built and furnished. It is currently used as a barracks.

Mika your dorf's description is the second one in the first post he has some sensory nerve damage and a few scars but what's it. Also any critique would be helpful.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 06:36:58 am by Siverix »

Siverix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2012, 01:23:28 pm »

The yearly report of Litast, year 354.

The construction is progressing nicely, the extra work force has sped up the process and the first level of the wall has been completed. The work would probably progress even faster if it wasn't for the uninvited  guests and goblins scaring the workers.

The green skins however weren't totally unhelpful. They took care of two of the minotaurs and the cyclops. The third minotaur was quickly dispatched by our militia. The stuck beast was weakened by our Marksdwarves and after falling off the edge of the hill was finished off by our close quarters fighters. The killing swing was delivered by the commander Mika.

And while the militia is capable of taking care of lesser threats I decided what finding what metal hides deep underground should be a priority. The metal is where however it is not usable for military needs.The metal is aluminum. However digging deeper has revealed the magma sea and what appears to be the fabled adamantine. We haven't investigated further.

The tunnel however seems to have lured two very strange creatures

Trading went rather well this year even though one of the mercenaries for the human caravan was killed by the goblins.

Our local trader bought a lot of iron toys and instruments of the humans. Since whey didn't bring a lot of iron bars. The dwarves had a bit more metal bars but this was to be expected since I asked the messenger to order some of the good stuff last year.

Apparently our local trader has become some sort of a legend among merchants this makes him twice a legend I guess since his bone arrows are famous for piercing even iron armor.

Whatever the case onto the matters of the future vault while we do not yet have even an engraving of it we do have more artifacts to place in it.

One of our medics started talking in an ancient dialect (this is a classic symptom of a possession) and created an amazing cloak worth over 12 000 coppers.

Also one of the masons got sick of making dacite blocks and claimed one of the old workshops and started screaming something about his potential and how I was wasting it by making him carve square blocks. I would think The result was worth pushing him over edge.

The broker says it's worth 43 200 coppers.

Also according to the fifth statute of dwarven law a Mayor has been elected. I will however maintain total control of the construction. He did forbid the export of windows but since we have none this mandate will not affect the construction.
The messenger informed me what the guild has been recognized as an official institution by the bureaucrats back home.

While I think this isn't the best thing what could have happened I at least hope what we won't have to supply the army like the hamlets do.

Just like every year I include a map of the site.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 06:38:29 am by Siverix »

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2012, 06:52:08 am »

It's looking good! I like the short-story too.
Pages: [1] 2