Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 30

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Picture Mafia 2 (8/16) Day 3  (Read 81091 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Picture Mafia 2 (16/16) Hurrah! (Working on roles)
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2012, 01:58:30 pm »

He must've accidentally dropped them in butter.
 :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

CaptainPlanet

• Bay Watcher
  • He's your hero, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Mafia Corps
« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2012, 03:30:33 pm »

Oh my that would be a slippery mess.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2012, 09:03:01 pm »

>Spaghetti falls out of his pockets...

No really, these roles better kick ass.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2012, 09:40:18 pm »

Yeah, OK, they're going to be done today. It was part homework, part my not being prepared to start two games at once leading to me ending up not doing crap on them for several days, and part my own unreliability at hosting games. That's all I'll say on the matter.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Roles were finished lalst night, I'll be starting the game up tonight after school!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2012, 09:46:09 pm »

You go to your computer after another hard day, to the P-Date, a local dating site you go to. Lately, there have been some problems with some troublemakers who have been causing trouble, but it should be OK now, right? This line of reasoning leads to an utter shock when the dating site is locked down, with only a link to an emergency forum. Clicking the link, you discover that the troublemakers went too far and murdered someone.

In a snap decision, you go on to the live chat and decide to help. When you catch these guys, you're going to rat their secrets to the police, and they're going to be gone! They're murderers! THis is too far. And so despite the strange interface requiring usernames instead of profile pictures, you sit there, and you type.

Day 1 has begun. It will end 5-8 PM Pacific time Friday.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 10:18:58 pm by Powder Miner »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Picture Mafia 2 (16/16) Day 1: Trouble on P-Date
« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2012, 10:39:52 pm »

* Toaster puts on his robe and wizard hat

Captain Planet:  Have you read any other Mafia games on this forum?

Hapah:  Do you feel experienced enough from Beginner's Mafias to play a "real" game now?

Jack:  How will several new faces affect D1 for you?  D2?

Dariush:  Is your rage level set on 11 yet?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 15, 2012, 10:56:29 pm »

TolyK: if you were a doctor, how would you go about choosing your protection target?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

CaptainPlanet

• Bay Watcher
  • He's your hero, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Mafia Corps
« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2012, 12:24:42 am »

I believe I attempted to read a game but to be honest am really put off by the game being confined to a single thread. So I never started! I'll be sure to follow this one though don't you worry.

I was going to ask if you guys do hammer voting/most votes but I see the answer is in the opening post. (gross, most votes lynch)

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2012, 05:52:06 am »

Toaster: Start talking, or you have my vote to lynch. The SK always posts first.

Captain Planet" Why is our lynching system gross?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 16, 2012, 06:22:24 am »

Toaster: Is this a claim? Or a memetic joke as a disguise?! Nevertheless, who among all of us present do you fear the most?

blackmagechill: How sure are you that a SK posts first? And, he talked. Also, I haven't seen you before. Care to say how much experience you have with Forum Mafia?

Captain Planet: Gross lynch-votes?! What? Confined to a single thread? What? Asking if Hammer voting during the game and not before the start?...
Really, what? What did you mean by that post there, and why think such?

Darvi: Are you still present, and if so, why have you left us all? D:
Srsly now, if you were a doctor, what trait/personality pick in their posts would alert you to pick said target?

Orangebottle: If you were a Tracker/Cop, and caught scum by your last action, how would you approach in lynching him?

Dariush: You there? If you were a Jester, would you spend the whole Day 1 to get yourself lynched or bide your time?

zombie urist: Would you defend a scumbuddy who has been noted and under suspicion, through an action if scum?

Zrk2: What do you think first upon seeing new blood in a Mafia game and how would you treat them?

Jack A T: Who do you think, among us all, is the most dangerous as scum? As town to scum?

Phantom of the Library: If you were a Mason, how would you act if your mason-buddy (any other name for this, anyone?) was heading for the lynch?

NativeForeigner: Please don't tell me that you're going with your plan of 'sit-back-and-observe' during day 1 again. No, wait. Tell me if you'd do so.

TolyK: If you were a cop, who would you target first and what basis would you plant your action by?

Urist Imiknorris: What is your favorite scumtell?

Hapah: Do you feel ready enough for this type of Mafia? As in, ready to encounter rolls not seen in a BM?

Scelly9: Let's say you are scum. Who, among us all present, do you want the most to be your scumbuddy?

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 16, 2012, 06:27:15 am »

Tiruin: I have exactly one game worth of experience, and I was offed the first night. The serial killer was someone who was an actual forum mod, so the whole thing was pretty... ironic, to say the least.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 16, 2012, 07:59:54 am »

Blackmage/Tiruin:
Toaster: Start talking, or you have my vote to lynch. The SK always posts first.

Toaster: Is this a claim? Or a memetic joke as a disguise?! Nevertheless, who among all of us present do you fear the most?

blackmagechill: How sure are you that a SK posts first? And, he talked. Also, I haven't seen you before. Care to say how much experience you have with Forum Mafia?

Clearly his vote was just an attempt to scare me into a silly blunder.  Admirable try, though.

Also, http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/robe-and-wizard-hat.

Tiruin, do you think addressing everyone instead of just a select few is more effective in gathering information, given that dilution means no real pressure?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 16, 2012, 08:07:54 am »

TolyK: if you were a doctor, how would you go about choosing your protection target?
I'm not quite sure, it really depends on situation. In this game I'd either protect someone I think isn't scum, or just randomly until I have a good feeling someone's sharing a wincon with me.

TolyK: If you were a cop, who would you target first and what basis would you plant your action by?
I'd target the people acting the most solid (generally more experienced players)

And why do I always get these kinds of questions?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 16, 2012, 08:11:04 am »

Orangebottle: If you were a Tracker/Cop, and caught scum by your last action, how would you approach in lynching him?
It really depends on how close it is to LYLO. The closer it is, the more likely it is that I'll announce it to the town and get the scum I caught lynched that way. Earlier on, I'd probably try find legitimate reasons to vote for them.

Toaster:You're missing an answer. Based off of your current knowledge, how bastard-y do you think the roles will be?

Urist: Let's say you're a vigilante. How do you decide when to shoot and when to hold fire?

TolyK: Why aren't you participating in RVS?

My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 30