Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 214

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...  (Read 442613 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...
« Reply #2430 on: May 01, 2012, 08:15:25 pm »

Weird joykill, ghostly necromancer has returned from the grave, and is haunting the living!

Its amazing. Being a ghost apparently fixes insanity!

*floats around through walls, scaring kobolds and laughing at their expense*

Saurinae

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: May 01, 2012, 09:59:30 pm »

I will protect Indilwen until my final breath. First though i have to make something out of these 100-odd Demon Faces.. Hmmm

*Tath Zagith Has Withdrawn From Society*

*Tath Zagith is muttering "Bunsoth Romlam"*
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 10:26:33 pm by Saurinae »
Nevermind the disturbingly knowing look that kobold has on her face. That dwarf SHOULD be embarrased!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: May 01, 2012, 10:06:34 pm »

Don't worry, I walled myself in my room with my "pets", my lunch, and some stone pottery. And my pick, of course! Those swimming pools I installed last night are ironically exactly what I need to survive these next few years until migrants show up and secure the rest of the fortress! If only I could remember how to brew from mushrooms...

If you guys had any capacity to plan ahead, you would have requested extravagent living quarters as well!

Well, besides Kodkod. I suppose that makes us neighbors considering there's nothing between our households but corpses and gore. Assuming you had the sense to wall yourself up in that temple as well...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: May 01, 2012, 11:21:08 pm »

Nobody even *THINK* about slabbing me!

Sure, I'm a ghost and all, but now I don't eat, sleep, or go to the bathroom! I can do !!science!! 24/7, and never get tired!  It's the greatest thing ever!

I think I will collaborate with Gizogin on the creation of a 100% synthetic body I can posess!

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: May 01, 2012, 11:25:16 pm »

Nobody even *THINK* about slabbing me!

Sure, I'm a ghost and all, but now I don't eat, sleep, or go to the bathroom! I can do !!science!! 24/7, and never get tired!  It's the greatest thing ever!

I think I will collaborate with Gizogin on the creation of a 100% synthetic body I can posess!

Great! My arch-nemesis is now un-killable! But me, OH IM TRAPPED IN MORTAL FORM. I DIE AND I JUST COME RIGHT ON BACK! You, oh your immortal like me, but completely awesome!

Oh by the way.....

The kobold buisance man stabs you with a Small copper switchblade, but it goes right through!

Edit:

Wait....a slab makes a ghost go to the grave, right?

Corai begins to laugh evilly!

Must find marble....

Must find chisel....

Must find memorial hall....
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 11:32:55 pm by Corai »
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: May 01, 2012, 11:37:35 pm »

Don't use marble!

It'll erode too quickly and he'll come back to haunt you (hah!) that much faster. At least use granite or something harder that doesn't react with slightly acidic (basic?) water.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: May 01, 2012, 11:41:09 pm »

Hey! No fair helping the munchkin!

Don't make me command my chopped off zombie arms to come upstairs to strangle you!

I can float right down there and get them right now you know!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 11:42:42 pm by wierd »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: May 02, 2012, 12:06:27 am »

I figured I'd even the odds a little. It's more entertaining when there's a chance for it to go either way or prolonged just enough to be truly satisfying.

Corai would be screwed. :P
I make Spellcrafts!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: May 02, 2012, 12:11:47 am »

Sounds like I need a little death insurance policy!

*dives into the floor*

Ok, zombie right arm?  I command you to stealthfully seek out and strangle corai in his sleep, no matter where he hides!  Every nook and cranny!

Zombie left arm?  If corai ever succeds in slabbing me, you are to seek out the slab and scratch my name off using whatever means you can find. Until that time, go to the bottom of the deepest murky pool, and remain there, so that corai can never find you!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: May 02, 2012, 12:16:28 am »

As Corai goes to the stone stockpile, he sees something peculiar; the one hunk of rock that looked perfect seemed to be moving. He rubbed his eyes, thinking he must have imagined it. He reached over to pick it up.

Sure enough, though, it leaped into the air and caused him to jump back in surprise. He was scared, kobold instincts telling him to expect attack, but after a few seconds he was merely puzzled. The rock was.... dancing. At least, as well as something that had only one part to move could.

It must have been a remnant of those animated dancing objects that they'd gotten rid of a week ago. Those ones animated by... animated by... by...
...that had randomly animated.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: May 02, 2012, 12:24:19 am »

The one Oliolli that had stayed at the fortress until now runs up to the surface carrying a megaphone. "Those Oliollis won't last five minutes against the Ollifex. We'll need some drastic measures to defeat it." As the Ollifex slowly approaches the fortress, soon to be interrupted by the eight other Oliollis, the last one runs into a nearby field and, after clearing his throat, yells into the megaphone: "WAKE UP, SHEEPLE! WAKE UP, SHEEPLE! WAKE UP, SHEEPLE!" Some of the dwarves in the fortress panic, as the ground begins to rumble.

Not likely, mister Whispers. My patience is currently a non-zero amount, but I'm cutting it close.

Anyway the thread would probably advance a few more pages during the time it took you to read through 'em.

Well to make a long story short I accidentally screwed everyone and annihilated myself.
Meanwhile, everyone started kicking demonic ass.

And I got a new body or ten.

Don't use marble!

It'll erode too quickly and he'll come back to haunt you (hah!) that much faster. At least use granite or something harder that doesn't react with slightly acidic (basic?) water.

If it were made of gold, it would not react chemically with anything.

/intentionallyforgetstomentionthatgoldissoft,sowierd'sleftarmwouldhavenoproblemscratchingnameoff
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 12:26:11 am by Oliolli »

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: May 02, 2012, 01:28:47 am »

*flies through walls, out the fortress, deep into the wilderness where the invading ollifex has begun its slow, plodding advance upon the fortress*

*makes obscene gestures, blows raspberries, and moons the ollifex*

(Being a non-deadly ghost, I am unable to directly attack the ollifex without animating a corpse. As a necromancer ghost, that is the only power available to me, other than being an unswattable irritant.)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: May 02, 2012, 06:20:19 am »

You may be an unswatable irritant, but god damn are you one annoying one. Corpses raising ghost: OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII-

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: May 02, 2012, 08:56:48 am »

I can only assume that the Ollifex has a weakness.

Quickly everyone! Throw supernovae at it! Not even the mighty Ollifex can survive that!
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: May 02, 2012, 09:37:10 am »

Well how the hell are we supposed to throw enormous, dying stars at it? Let alone survive afterwards.
I make Spellcrafts!
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 214