Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How often to you use stonesense?

I consider it an essential part of Dwaf Fortress, and can't play without it.
- 119 (18.4%)
I use it for pretty screenshots, but otherwise don't use it during play.
- 211 (32.7%)
I only try it occasionally.
- 174 (27%)
I have no idea why I'm even in this thread, I don't use it.
- 141 (21.9%)

Total Members Voted: 642

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 85

Author Topic: Stonesense: Usage Poll!  (Read 733441 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense: New official thread.
« Reply #435 on: September 25, 2012, 10:58:30 am »

Yeah, this is gonna be a pain to sprite, and I will have to add extra rules for above and below tree-ness, but that will have to wait until actual release so I have something to work with.

However!

Our current multi-tile trees are perfect for making mockups of how the trees will actually look using whatever sprites you make.

Just make the sprites on the assumption that any positional rules you can think of can be implemented. Just... nothing overly crazy.

faint_riot

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: September 26, 2012, 04:26:37 pm »

Hey people, Lazy Newb here.

(Block o' Text after upcoming block gets to my problem)

I picked up this game after giving it a try a year or two ago. Since finding out about Stonesense/Lazy Newb Pack/Therapist, this game just seems like something I just need to give myself more time on. Because it's, quite simply, fucking awesome.
First time poster here on these forums, obviously because of this problem I keep receiving. I've google searched for stonesense crashes, to no avail. Even searched this topic for 'crash' keyterms. (Didn't search old thread because it being a tad dated, I assumed wouldn't help.) Not an avid forum-goer, so I'm here just fish for a solution then *poof* I'll be gone. Sorry to use and abuse! :)

PROBLEM:   :'(
So, I got the Lazy Newb pack with DFHack, created the beginnings of my fort, then ran dfhack, typing in stonesense to, of course, run the damn thing.
(I've also created a different folder NOT using the Newb Pack. Also, for safety measures, I've redownloaded the 0.34.11 versions of both DF and DFhack.

Here's what it looks like:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: September 26, 2012, 09:20:31 pm »

How much ram do you have?

Greendogo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: September 26, 2012, 10:13:03 pm »

snip
That's a nice Morrowind shortcut you've got there.
Sail - The end reminds me of a goblin choking a kobold.  No ponies, sorry.

faint_riot

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: September 27, 2012, 05:54:20 am »

2gb. Should be enough for some isometric graphics?   ???

Edit: If there's no apparent fix for this, it's fine. I can survive off the installed gfx from the Lazy Newb Pack.  ;)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 05:56:12 am by faint_riot »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: September 27, 2012, 10:35:44 am »

2gb really should be fine. It's possibly some of the stuff just doesn't work in XP. Peterix thought he fixed it, but it seems not.

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #441 on: September 28, 2012, 10:20:12 am »

Yeah, this is gonna be a pain to sprite, and I will have to add extra rules for above and below tree-ness, but that will have to wait until actual release so I have something to work with.

However!

Our current multi-tile trees are perfect for making mockups of how the trees will actually look using whatever sprites you make.

Just make the sprites on the assumption that any positional rules you can think of can be implemented. Just... nothing overly crazy.
Alright

Basic trunk done, foliage is turning out a bit bitchier than expected. I think I need to make them more cartoony.
There's also the ramps of the pentagonal sign that needs to be made.

I also think that regarding the foliage, we'll need to wait for more updates, as I'm not sure what kind of crazy stuff Toady's planning. (I'm betting we'll get blossom, and autumn leaves, seeing as we'll have different leaf variations as well)
But hey, it's a start :p

EDIT: and I forgot, we'll probably need floor sprites as well, but that won't be too hard.
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: September 28, 2012, 11:52:12 am »

Really liking those trees therahedwig.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: September 28, 2012, 12:39:22 pm »

:o
I agree. Very nice indeed.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: September 28, 2012, 04:57:04 pm »

However!

Alright

Basic trunk done, foliage is turning out a bit bitchier than expected. I think I need to make them more cartoony.
There's also the ramps of the pentagonal sign that needs to be made.

I also think that regarding the foliage, we'll need to wait for more updates, as I'm not sure what kind of crazy stuff Toady's planning. (I'm betting we'll get blossom, and autumn leaves, seeing as we'll have different leaf variations as well)
But hey, it's a start :p

EDIT: and I forgot, we'll probably need floor sprites as well, but that won't be too hard.

That is pretty cool.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #445 on: September 29, 2012, 10:01:21 am »

The cartoony foliage is working out. I made a blossom variation and a autumn variation.
Also leaf-ground covering, and two sample fruits as test.

I'm making head-way with the ramps. I only need to do the floor bits, put everything into proper spritesheets and then I'll leave the whole thing alone for a bit.

Speaking of sprites, Japa, was the turning the view, painting a different sprite thing ever implemented in stonesense? Because then I can finish the tracks...
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: September 29, 2012, 01:12:02 pm »

The turning the view thing.... Not sure. make the tracks anyway, and if they don't work when the view is turned, I'll fix it.

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: September 29, 2012, 10:38:08 pm »

Guys you're awesome, new trees haven't been released yet and you already got them looking good in stonesense, kudos!  :D

Citizen844

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: October 06, 2012, 02:44:57 pm »

Help pleae - I start DF and get a window running the original DF and the command window for DFhack, i type stonesense and a stonesense window opens, but the original DF keeps running and the Stonesense window doesnt do anything. Apologies if this was covered elsewhere, but I'm stuck

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #449 on: October 06, 2012, 03:06:37 pm »

Does it only show the splash screen, or does it not show up at all when you try to click on it?
Also, what operating system are you running?
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 85