Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How often to you use stonesense?

I consider it an essential part of Dwaf Fortress, and can't play without it.
- 119 (18.4%)
I use it for pretty screenshots, but otherwise don't use it during play.
- 211 (32.7%)
I only try it occasionally.
- 174 (27%)
I have no idea why I'm even in this thread, I don't use it.
- 141 (21.9%)

Total Members Voted: 642

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 85

Author Topic: Stonesense: Usage Poll!  (Read 733886 times)

Urist McShaft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense: Usage Poll!
« Reply #1080 on: August 04, 2014, 11:15:33 am »

EPICness overload.

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: August 05, 2014, 07:48:14 am »

What's the best-guess ETA for this for 40.X?  I really want to try it out, and never gave it a whirl in .34.11.

Note: Best guess assuming we don't get an update a week for the foreseeable future... Toady is cranking them out like a machine  :D
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: August 05, 2014, 10:29:07 am »

Honestly, there probably won't be a release till toady stops releasing new DF versions for at least a few days.

Though I predict a week or so till I finish getting the new trees properly supported.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 10:33:01 am by Japa »

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: August 05, 2014, 11:23:43 am »

Gorgeous! Stunning!
I'm going to feel bad when I cut them down.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: August 05, 2014, 11:38:01 am »

Amazing!

Thanshin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: August 07, 2014, 06:50:37 am »

Those trees are amazing.

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: August 08, 2014, 03:45:49 pm »

I was more wondering what would be expected if we have both a cherry and an apple on the same square. Display both? Display the top one?

Doesn't matter much really.

In the meantime:

SAGUARO!

Those are terrifying.
Dawww, they only want a hug!

Trust me......never give a cactus a hug. That being said.....I've never seen a saguaro with arms going out horizontally and turning still horizontal.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: August 08, 2014, 09:48:01 pm »

In the meantime:

SAGUARO!
Beware their thousand needles.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: August 09, 2014, 12:10:16 am »

I was more wondering what would be expected if we have both a cherry and an apple on the same square. Display both? Display the top one?

In the meantime:

SAGUARO!

Those are terrifying.

Trust me......never give a cactus a hug. That being said.....I've never seen a saguaro with arms going out horizontally and turning still horizontal.

These are drunken saguaro...likely watered with some form of alcoholic water by the local farmer dwarf

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: August 09, 2014, 12:21:32 am »

In the meantime:

SAGUARO!

Those are terrifying.

These are drunken saguaro...likely watered with some form of alcoholic water by the local farmer dwarf
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Masterfully crafted statue of a cactus, made of sheep wool, green sheeps wool, and stuffed with dwarven hair. Perfect for trade or hugs by dwarven children, no liability is assumed in case of recipient later desiring to hug actual cactus.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Sorg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • EnglishWithCoffee
« Reply #1090 on: August 15, 2014, 02:43:02 am »

I have a little problem. Using DF0.34.11 and Stonesense that comes with DFHack r5.
When I make big screenshot (Ctrl+Shift+F5), it for some reason don't render everything past z-level 110 (11z-levels above ground). Here are screenshots, to illustrate the problem.
Is there any way to fix it?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 07:17:21 am by Sorg »
Intelligent is a strong word to use around DF.
you're lucky it wasn't an adventurer.  I've heard they can bash your skull in by throwing water at you.  UNDERWATER

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #1091 on: August 15, 2014, 03:09:44 pm »

I have a little problem. Using DF0.34.11 and Stonesence that comes with DFHack r5.
What is "Stonesence"?
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Sorg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • EnglishWithCoffee
« Reply #1092 on: August 15, 2014, 08:09:21 pm »

I have a little problem. Using DF0.34.11 and Stonesence that comes with DFHack r5.
What is "Stonesence"?
Oh, my mistake, it's "Stonesense". :P
Intelligent is a strong word to use around DF.
you're lucky it wasn't an adventurer.  I've heard they can bash your skull in by throwing water at you.  UNDERWATER

Caldfir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: August 18, 2014, 01:39:22 am »

I have a little problem. Using DF0.34.11 and Stonesense that comes with DFHack r5.
When I make big screenshot (Ctrl+Shift+F5), it for some reason don't render everything past z-level 110 (11z-levels above ground). Here are screenshots, to illustrate the problem.
Is there any way to fix it?

Try changing the number of z-levels you're using for normal stonesense rendering (larger is probably better, or maybe try just a single z-level) and take the shot again.  I remember it liked to cut off near the top of the sky sometimes.  (grr full-embark screenshot code always breaking!)

Progress on the trees is looking good!
where is up?

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #1094 on: August 18, 2014, 06:15:57 am »

Progress on the trees is looking good!
Thanks, unfortunatly I'm having tablet trouble, so I haven't been able to really continue on it. >_>
There's plenty for pretty pictures, but half of the fruits are still missing and palm trees and feathertrees look weird :/
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 85