Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1143 1144 [1145] 1146 1147 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944721 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 11: Thor
« Reply #17160 on: November 21, 2013, 06:16:26 am »

((...

Hmm, I'm wondering how we'll do the rewards at mission end. Everything in one big pile and divide from that? Keep things separated into 3 and count people with their original team? And I'm worried about people buying the stuff for themselves they first bought with the team token fund, as that'll mean everybody can now effectively buy everything at half price (since returning stuff only is worth half the tokens). We could say that everything bought with mission fund has to be returned for tokens, would make things easy, except for Jim having bought something with his own and mission funds together, complicating matters. ))

((Probably better to do it all in one big pile, to lessen the need for keeping track of the ever-shifting units and whatnot.))

"Well. I am reasonably glad that has come to an end," Stacy notes. He can't help but wonder what awaits him next. After all, he did just blow up an entire room and hurt a whole lot of people - he wasn't sure who exactly, but presumably people somebody cared about. But perhaps he can make amends.

"Hey Pancaek, wanna join me? Gonna go hunt us a cyborg sniper! Anyone else?"

"Ooh, I'll go! I promise not to use space magic!"

Follow Miyamoto.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #17161 on: November 21, 2013, 06:48:02 am »

((The X3C Rifle isn't rocket propelled, that's the Sibilus (and I don't have one of those). The X3C is the rifle I made out of 3 civilian rifles, hence the name, X (times) 3 Civilian (or Coil, take your pick).

Also, GOOD GOD JIM. Once more proving why nobody should piss you off. As for Grate, that sucks. Squashed by a bigass rock.))

I'll tag along, Miyamoto. There's something about reality-warpers that's just plain cheating - no offense, Jim, but a cyborg sniper? That I can deal with using actual bullets.

Tag along with Miyamoto in finding the Shadow Walker.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 06:57:37 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17162 on: November 21, 2013, 06:51:02 am »

((action edited for arbitrary reasons, Xan now gets my Urban Executor corps (minus the head) and spits out any technology he discovers.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #17163 on: November 21, 2013, 07:50:36 am »

STEPHEN HAWKING, having just watched the synthflesh behemoth smash a cripple in a wheelchair, fondly remembers the time when he invented overkill. Afterward, he goes with the rest of the group back to the ship.

((yeah, I'm thinking GWG shouldn't have told piecewise about his location :P
Also sucks about that, Feyri is gonna be SUPA EXTRA MOPEY for quite awhile I imagine.
That or robo-bang Jim till her pain goes away. That's also possible I suppose))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17164 on: November 21, 2013, 08:08:29 am »

"Shit."

Assist in getting the wounded back to the medbay, do not perform any medical treatment myself. After that is done, follow Miyamoto.

((Well fuck. It appears he can track me when I'm outside the void. This does not bode well.))
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 09:50:36 am by kisame12794 »
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #17165 on: November 21, 2013, 09:02:28 am »

"I am sorry for your loss, General Jim.  Rest assured that Brother Grate has gone home to rest in the loving arms of Steve.  I would gladly help with a memorial service once our mission is complete here."

Assist getting Jim loaded up in the blackship for medevac.  See how bad my broken leg is holding my back.  If noticably, get someone to check it.  Otherwise, head out after Miyamoto in search of the SW.

Lars turns his radio to his team.  "Team, this is Brother Lars.  I sustained some injury in this event.  If you are willing and able, please follow General Miyamoto in search of the Shadow Walker.  If you need to rest and recover, do so."

((I almost forgot that I got a leg broken in this.))

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #17166 on: November 21, 2013, 10:06:36 am »

((Jeez, sorry guys for again missing a lot of stuff. I'm happy that I was passively able to protect someone.))

Follow Miyamoto.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #17167 on: November 21, 2013, 10:50:51 am »

Quote from: Xan->Lyra
A giant stone block fromsomeone's manipulator overload crushed him into paste.

Quote from: Xan->Feyri
Nothing. Why do you ask?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #17168 on: November 21, 2013, 10:53:22 am »

Nothing. Why do you ask?
Let me reword this.
What did you do, to Grate?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17169 on: November 21, 2013, 10:54:49 am »

Quote from: Xan->Feyri
And I'll repeat, nothing. Why do you ask?
Sig! Onol

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17170 on: November 21, 2013, 11:07:31 am »

((For PW, edited action.))
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 11: Who gave stacy another manipulator?
« Reply #17171 on: November 21, 2013, 11:34:13 am »

((Grate was also in the area. Is he okay? ...Please don't have him die because I reminded you of this...))
[end:1-1]
Oh...oh dear.
A chunk of debris from the explosion, a slab of concrete the size of a truck, lands flat on top of you with a very final sort of thud.
So ends the adventures of the HMRC's youngest, most innocent member.
((GODDAMMIT! I knew I should have kept my big, virtual, text-based mouth shut...
...Um, I don't suppose there's any chance of being brought back? Cloning, maybe?))

((did he have it on him? i thought he left it on the ship before or along with his soon to be mine yeti-ants.))
((Hey! I want the little critters and the pill machine for my new character!))

He messages Lyra and Feyri, both of them seemed to get along well with Grate after all... like paternal figures...
((Um...they wouldn't pass the physical.
In case that's too confusing: FEYRI AND LYRA ARE GIRLS.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17172 on: November 21, 2013, 11:39:09 am »

Quote from: Xan->Lyra
A giant stone block fromsomeone's manipulator overload crushed him into paste.
Quote from: Lyra to Xan
Who's?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #17173 on: November 21, 2013, 11:52:15 am »

((Grate was also in the area. Is he okay? ...Please don't have him die because I reminded you of this...))
[end:1-1]
Oh...oh dear.
A chunk of debris from the explosion, a slab of concrete the size of a truck, lands flat on top of you with a very final sort of thud.
So ends the adventures of the HMRC's youngest, most innocent member.
((GODDAMMIT! I knew I should have kept my big, virtual, text-based mouth shut...
...Um, I don't suppose there's any chance of being brought back? Cloning, maybe?))
((You know, I had a devious plan involving our favorite inventor of the quantum uncertainty principle, but I think that'd be taking the joke too far.

Basically, with everything being as chaotic as it was, nobody rightly knows what state Grate's body is under that rock. Until we lift that rock, we can't tell. There's a microscopic, but nonzero chance, that Grate's head+helmet may have gotten wedged into a crack in the ground opened up by the explosion, which could make him eligible for being revived. But it's a nigh certainty given the circumstances, so we could employ the walking quantum anomaly that is STEPHEN HAWKING (just having him nearby works) and maybe push that microscopic chance up a bit? Say, to 16.(6)%?

Only if PW allows it, of course. A mission this large doesn't feel right for HMRC without a couple of deaths, but Grate being one of them is kinda... well, grating. On the other hand, it does underline the fact that the HMRC is really no place for children, so... really, it's the GM's call.))
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 11:58:57 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17174 on: November 21, 2013, 12:00:07 pm »

((Talk about dropping the hammer...

NOOOOO! Not Grate! He was truly the best of us...))
Pages: 1 ... 1143 1144 [1145] 1146 1147 ... 1256