Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1026 1027 [1028] 1029 1030 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3943589 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: Blue Screen of Death
« Reply #15405 on: July 28, 2013, 12:06:15 pm »

"Hehehe, okay, okay, relax girl. I was only messing with you, making a joke. I'm sorry. I'll call you Simus if it means that much to you. Anyway, thanks again for the help. I'll be on my way now..." Flint chuckled a bit and added You guys are so easy to mess with and have a bit of fun.

Spoiler: Useless RP (click to show/hide)

Restock and take my equipment. Go to the edge of sector 2's flatzone. Use mining laser, monorazor and robostrength to dig a hole on the normalground side of the border between normalground and flatground. Try to reach as deep as I can without reaching ridiculous depths to see how far below the flatground extends. Take a sample of flatground with my monorazor, preferably a large chunk.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 07:41:30 pm by Parisbre56 »

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15406 on: July 28, 2013, 01:16:24 pm »

((Also, Vich is completely frozen in place. As in, you can't move your arms, either to type on your wristpad or to show what you typed to the others there.))
((Not sure I'm getting that. I know Piecewise said that I'm frozen in place, but why would that really be?

As far as I remember, the exoskeleton isn't really connected to the exosuit, so it shouldn't really have frozen in place. But even if it were, I question it having the capacity to freeze in place. Milno added the function to his, it wasn't built in. Also, it is only one third of an exoskeleton, so perchaps it can still be moved (like a bicycle on brakes).))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #15407 on: July 28, 2013, 01:53:12 pm »

((Also, Vich is completely frozen in place. As in, you can't move your arms, either to type on your wristpad or to show what you typed to the others there.))
((Not sure I'm getting that. I know Piecewise said that I'm frozen in place, but why would that really be?

As far as I remember, the exoskeleton isn't really connected to the exosuit, so it shouldn't really have frozen in place. But even if it were, I question it having the capacity to freeze in place. Milno added the function to his, it wasn't built in. Also, it is only one third of an exoskeleton, so perchaps it can still be moved (like a bicycle on brakes).))

((Perhaps because it's lost power and/or control? I'd love to see someone who could brute force presumably powerful hydraulics. Especially if what they're doing involves fine motor control. I'd think it'd be a (heavily biased against) strength check just to get your arm up, much less to type.))
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 02:54:31 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15408 on: July 28, 2013, 03:05:25 pm »

((Perhaps because it's lost power and/or control? I'd love to see someone who could brute force presumably powerful hydraulics. Especially if what they're doing involves fine motor control. I'd think it'd be a (heavily biased against) strength check just to get your arm up, much less to type.))
((Still doesn't explain why it would be connected to the suit. I bought them separately after all.

About strength checks, I don't really know. Neither does Vich. So unless Piecewise clarifies it before posting, I'm just going to keep the action that he would immediately attempt to do in the situation. Especially since it doesn't really change that much what happens anyway.))

((Which choice has the lowest chance of crashing?))
((Mesk is safer, but it'd require you to actually get him to help you. And that would mean asking Remalle himself, not Piecewise, and can take a while.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15409 on: July 28, 2013, 03:51:10 pm »

((In case my aux roll this turn fails, just assume this message reaches you whenever it does.

'Okay people, it's time to resume what we were send here for in the first place, and map this rock.

First up is team blue, which is Vichislav, Denzel, Lars and Zephyris. You'll be continuing as you are, and explore sectors 32, 13, 14, 15, 27, 42 and all the sectors below those. Normally, Lars would be in command of this group, but since he's a bit... injured right now, Vich will be squad leader for the time being. You think you're up for that?

Next is team red, consisting of Flint, Morul, Michael and Simus, who will be squad leader. I would've lead this team myself and let Simus continue her good work here, but with my arm like this I can't pilot Gilgamesh, and without him I'm more like dead weight anyway. You will map sectors 12 and 26, and all the ones above that.

Remember guys, your job is to explore and map out, the in-depth experimentation can wait untill we've 'filled the map' so to speak.

I'd like you all to get moving in about [3 real-life days], so finish what you were doing and get prepared.

Last is team Yellow, which is everyone who didn't get named before. You guys continue repairs, heal up or assorted stuff.'

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15410 on: July 28, 2013, 03:58:50 pm »

32, 13, 14, 15, 27, 42
((You're killing me. Can I not have to look up a random sequence of numbers?

Can you post a map image instead? Please. Or just describe it.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15411 on: July 28, 2013, 05:00:25 pm »

32, 13, 14, 15, 27, 42
((You're killing me. Can I not have to look up a random sequence of numbers?

Can you post a map image instead? Please. Or just describe it.))
((If you look at the map it essentially means you get the whole lower bottom of the map, everything on and below the 'line' (all the sectors horizontally next to it) of your current sector.))
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 05:02:19 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #15412 on: July 28, 2013, 05:32:48 pm »

Miyamoto, I feel that I am of much more use here at base, there's still a lot of work to be done. I suggest sending Lukas along with Red team as their leader instead of me.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15413 on: July 28, 2013, 07:14:26 pm »

"Boss, I don't think we need that many people to help with repairs. Maybe just leave the mechanics and the usefu- I mean irreplaceable people back at base?"

((Working on updating the notes with the new team members and creating a map of with our assigned areas highlighted.))

((EDIT1:Here's the map:))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((EDIT2:Notes updated.))
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 08:31:01 pm by Parisbre56 »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #15414 on: July 28, 2013, 10:04:34 pm »

((Jeez, we're up to three posts' worth of notes already?))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #15415 on: July 29, 2013, 01:41:14 am »

((Still doesn't explain why it would be connected to the suit. I bought them separately after all.))
((Think of it this way. It augments your strength, allowing you to handle heavy weights with your own arms. Try figuring out a way it can do this without being securely attached to your body.))

"Ugh. I feel like I'm missing a lot of good repairs going on. And like I'm missing a leg. Let's do somethng about it."

Take a good look at the leg prosthetics again, and figure out how to make a working full right leg out of a left leg and the lower part of a right one. Again.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15416 on: July 29, 2013, 02:02:59 am »

Quote from: synth-leg
An adherence
to modular design means that the legs and
arms are actually interchangeable. This is not
recommended
mandatory.

((Robo-arms are basically synth-arm mk1's right?))
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 02:24:18 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #15417 on: July 29, 2013, 02:29:21 am »

((Anton didn't get to synthflesh studies in his Tinker tests. He only focused on equipment he could understand - that is, non-Exotic. So he'll have to figure out if these things are interchangeable enough himself.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #15418 on: July 29, 2013, 02:33:58 am »

Reset radio

"You guys were saying something?"

Help Bishop finish fixing the door, if we're still doing that.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15419 on: July 29, 2013, 08:32:31 am »

Reset radio
((Maybe Lucas can shut himself down, he he he.))

((Still doesn't explain why it would be connected to the suit. I bought them separately after all.))
((Think of it this way. It augments your strength, allowing you to handle heavy weights with your own arms. Try figuring out a way it can do this without being securely attached to your body.))
((Physically attacked, and having sojoined electronics are different things. And since I can wear an exoskeleton without being in a suit, I don't see why they would be sojoined. It serves no practical purpose except to shut down if something goes wrong with the suit.))

Pages: 1 ... 1026 1027 [1028] 1029 1030 ... 1256