Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 936 937 [938] 939 940 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3941046 times)

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: What?
« Reply #14055 on: May 20, 2013, 02:06:02 pm »

((Vich, full name Vichislav Freidberg. And sorry for editing my post when people have already replied to me. Just needed to make some clarifications... as I always do.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14056 on: May 20, 2013, 02:07:18 pm »

((Its fine.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #14057 on: May 20, 2013, 02:14:39 pm »

((Vich, full name Vichislav Freidberg. And sorry for editing my post when people have already replied to me. Just needed to make some clarifications... as I always do.))

((As you may have noticed, you are not alone in your editing, even after replied to.))

What could it possibly be extracting from the rock around there? Thermophilic microorganisms?

Disassemble and examine the gastric system.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14058 on: May 20, 2013, 02:16:48 pm »

((I just noticed that Ivan isn't on the list of dead. Among other things.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14059 on: May 20, 2013, 02:18:19 pm »

((That's because he didn't die. The Doctor is playing with him now...))

EDIT:((Then again there's the whole matter of "If you become a mindless beast, shouldn't you be considered dead?" but I don't think a philosophical discussion over what constitutes ones self would do any good right now.))
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 02:24:25 pm by Parisbre56 »

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14060 on: May 20, 2013, 02:19:20 pm »

((Huh. Anything else you noticed yourself?))

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14061 on: May 20, 2013, 02:43:27 pm »

((Ooooh! I've got a half completed characters sheets, stats, and inventory in a presentable format sitting on my Google Docs. And I can't find time to finish it. So if this keeps going as it's going right now, you won't see it until the end of June.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14062 on: May 20, 2013, 03:57:25 pm »

((Har har.))

Sleep it off.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14063 on: May 20, 2013, 04:42:43 pm »

((@Toaster: What's so funny? Never mind, got it. I'm blind.))

@Everyone and Miyamoto: "What the?!..." exclaimed Flint when he lost the signal of the drone. "To all teams, be advised, I'm sending you a drone's tracking frequency. If you find it, be on the lookout for black domes and the cockpit of the shuttle the precursor's team leader took.

And Miyamoto, I'm going to be near your zone to retrieve a drone before I get back to my team. Final chance for you to get that monorazor if you want it. Otherwise I'll probably use it to sample those square towers my team found."

((Action and me explaining what those domes do at a later post.))
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 04:48:34 pm by Parisbre56 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14064 on: May 21, 2013, 01:32:35 am »

((As you may have noticed, you are not alone in your editing, even after replied to.))
What could it possibly be extracting from the rock around there? Thermophilic microorganisms?

((I believe I said this before in-character, but taking a ground sample in front of and behind a rockslug would probably shed some light as to what they metabolize. Or you could cut open its guts and see for yourself.

Oh, and remind me to catch another one sometime, so that the people on ship have something to work on besides a smörgåsbord of viscera.))

(you can just say "Go to the black towers via the area between those two zones" then. Because I think all you said was go to the area between those two zones, so I had no idea if you were going farther or you had business in those zones.)

((Yeah, upon re-reading that post I see I wasn't the epitome of clarity I aspire to be. does it help my case if I say I was tired and distracted when I wrote that?

Also, something tells me you aren't the biggest fan of the new Gatsby film.))

@Everyone and Miyamoto: "What the?!..." exclaimed Flint when he lost the signal of the drone. "To all teams, be advised, I'm sending you a drone's tracking frequency. If you find it, be on the lookout for black domes and the cockpit of the shuttle the precursor's team leader took.

And Miyamoto, I'm going to be near your zone to retrieve a drone before I get back to my team. Final chance for you to get that monorazor if you want it. Otherwise I'll probably use it to sample those square towers my team found."

'Sure, I'll check for your lost drone. And if you already took a sample of these towers, I won't need your razor to take another, but thanks anyway.'

Check if I can pick up Flint's drone signal.
Then check up on the experiments he left behind, send findings to him and Base.

To the rest of Red team: 'Okay guys, now we wait for Anton to get over here with our stuff so we can begin collecting. Feel free to scout out a bit already, but don't go beyond comms reach and don't go alone, there have been predators sighted so watch each others backs.

Hey Michael, you're decent with computers right? You can use my scout drone and look around with it if you want. Try not to break it.'

Give modified drone to Michael if he wants it.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 01:34:53 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #14065 on: May 21, 2013, 04:14:33 am »

Lukas - Red Team

Scout around for a bit, but stay within eyesight of Miyamoto. Try to catch a glimpse of the local lifeforms if possible.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14066 on: May 21, 2013, 05:26:00 am »

"Okay, so here's what I found out about the domes: They act as a portal, transporting any object entering them to another dome. The destination dome and exit orientation seem to be completely random, even for the same domes. SV events happen at random time intervals but there always seems to be at least two minutes of calm from one SV event to the next. During an SV event, anything crossing the border seems to just cease to exist. I suspect, due to a recently lost drone, that there are domes in another sector of this planetoid." continued on Flint as he walked towards the first drone, making notes as he went. "My theory about the crashed shuttle is this. For some reason, the shuttle flied towards the domes. While it was crossing the border an SV event occurred and sliced the shuttle in half. Since the destination of the domes changes from object to object, one section ended up exiting the black gap from one dome and the other from another dome, maybe even in another sector. I believe that further exploration around the domes will reveal the cockpit's location. Then again, there's always the chance that the cockpit ended up inside a chasm or lava lake or other destructive anomaly."

Send the lost drone's tracking signal to everyone else so that they can keep an eye out for it.
Go and retrieve the first drone. I'm guessing it still has fuel, so it should be useful.
Return to the crashed shuttle. It's a 4 man minishuttle, right? Not an HMRC standard shuttle?
Refill my supplies. Eat and rest for a bit in the shuttle.

And, just in case you don't remember, the experiments I have running in the black tower zone are:

• A tower marked so I can tell whether or not it grew overtime.
  • A drone recording an uncarved section of the towers with the intention of capturing whatever is making those carvings on film.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 05:31:27 am by Parisbre56 »

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #14067 on: May 21, 2013, 06:17:22 am »

((PW you missed my turn))
Follow team
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14068 on: May 21, 2013, 12:31:15 pm »

"The more I observe, the more it seems to me that this is a special park of attractions made for us.
We've got the molten metal place and waterfalls, and I like to see that stuff form and flow. We've got the ice-skating ring, the Fun teleportation devices, and a peaceful meadow with a habitable environment.

God, I'm loving this place. Seriously, the first thing I awaken at the HMRC, and first they give me my eyesight back, and then they give me a peaceful yearly retreat with such beautiful scenery. Could this possibly be better?"

Quote from: To Jack Hansan
"Since you don't seem to be doing anything, could you check if the base really has no hidden cameras or microphones inside? I have a hard time believing they could put us here without such a basic safety precautions.

Of course I'm not the expert on this, but I would recommend going the following way about this. First, check the exterior of the base, then the the interior, for any wierd stuff peaking out of the walls, ceiling, and furniture. That search will yield nothing.

Then, and you should probably ask permission for that, you should check the insides. any by that I mean check the base wiring, vents, and inside walls. Obviously, I can't ask you to check the entire base, but a couple rooms should be enough. I don't know if you'll be able to make sense of the wiring, I know I wouldn't, but please do try. And if any of that turns out to be recording devices, get back to me.

Honestly, I just don't trust Alvin to be responsible with the power he may or may not have over us. And we might be able to use the microphones and cameras to monitor the planetoid. Have fun."

Livable as in livable for humans, or what exactly? And sure, I collect a sample of the liquid, careful not to touch it myself.
Then I take a sit before the lake (10 m?), and stretch out my legs and lie on my back, enjoying the moment.

Livable as is oxygenated and pressurized, with temperatures and radiation within habitable ranges. True, it's like 110 degrees F and the radiation is elevated enough that living here for more then 20 years or so would probably be rather dangerous to having kids, but all things considered it's a hell of a lot more livable then vacuum.

You kneel down by the liquid and start to dip your container in when something strange happens. The instant the container touches the surface of the lake the fluid reacts. A ripple explodes outward across the surface, spreading out in all directions. The surface of the lake crystallizes into glass and then then begins to move, random growths reaching up and then collapsing back down; solid glass moving like liquid. The movement only intensifies as time passes.

"The more I observe, the more it seems to me that this is a special park of attractions made for us.
We've got the molten metal place and waterfalls, and I like to see that stuff form and flow. We've got the ice-skating ring, the Fun teleportation devices, and a peaceful meadow with a habitable environment.

God, I'm loving this place. Seriously, the first thing I awaken at the HMRC, and first they give me my eyesight back, and then they give me a peaceful yearly retreat with such beautiful scenery. Could this possibly be better?"

Quote from: To Jack Hansan
"Since you don't seem to be doing anything, could you check if the base really has no hidden cameras or microphones inside? I have a hard time believing they could put us here without such a basic safety precautions.

Of course I'm not the expert on this, but I would recommend going the following way about this. First, check the exterior of the base, then the the interior, for any wierd stuff peaking out of the walls, ceiling, and furniture. That search will yield nothing.

Then, and you should probably ask permission for that, you should check the insides. any by that I mean check the base wiring, vents, and inside walls. Obviously, I can't ask you to check the entire base, but a couple rooms should be enough. I don't know if you'll be able to make sense of the wiring, I know I wouldn't, but please do try. And if any of that turns out to be recording devices, get back to me.

Honestly, I just don't trust Alvin to be responsible with the power he may or may not have over us. And we might be able to use the microphones and cameras to monitor the planetoid. Have fun."

Livable as in livable for humans, or what exactly? And sure, I collect a sample of the liquid, careful not to touch it myself.
Then I take a sit before the lake (10 m?), and stretch out my legs and lie on my back, enjoying the moment.

Quote from: To...Whats your name?
Sure thing.

search for any hidden cameras and sensors outside the base then go search for any inside the base.
The cameras and sensors outside the base aren't hidden at all. They're all in fairly obvious clusters on the base itself or out on little concrete platforms about halfway to the edge of the first zone in a ring around the base.

Inside you can find nothing in the way of cameras, but there are sensors scattered about, one or two in each room. They're nothing special though; just used to monitor pressure, radiation, and other potential hazards.

The gastric system seems almost ruminant in design, with several stomach like organs in succession. The first one in the series is quite swollen, like a filled water balloon.

((Har har.))

Sleep it off.
You lay face down in the bed and attempt to unconscious your problems away. 

((I believe I said this before in-character, but taking a ground sample in front of and behind a rockslug would probably shed some light as to what they metabolize. Or you could cut open its guts and see for yourself.

Oh, and remind me to catch another one sometime, so that the people on ship have something to work on besides a smörgåsbord of viscera.))

(you can just say "Go to the black towers via the area between those two zones" then. Because I think all you said was go to the area between those two zones, so I had no idea if you were going farther or you had business in those zones.)

((Yeah, upon re-reading that post I see I wasn't the epitome of clarity I aspire to be. does it help my case if I say I was tired and distracted when I wrote that?

Also, something tells me you aren't the biggest fan of the new Gatsby film.))

'Sure, I'll check for your lost drone. And if you already took a sample of these towers, I won't need your razor to take another, but thanks anyway.'

Check if I can pick up Flint's drone signal.
Then check up on the experiments he left behind, send findings to him and Base.

To the rest of Red team: 'Okay guys, now we wait for Anton to get over here with our stuff so we can begin collecting. Feel free to scout out a bit already, but don't go beyond comms reach and don't go alone, there have been predators sighted so watch each others backs.

Hey Michael, you're decent with computers right? You can use my scout drone and look around with it if you want. Try not to break it.'

Give modified drone to Michael if he wants it.

The lines on the towers show that they appear to have grown ever so slightly. Millimeters at best. You collect the footage from the drone he left and pipe it back to base for safe keeping and watching later. That done, you check for Flint's drone's signal. You get nothing.

"Nothing I can see. But we're both out west pretty far. Maybe it made it's way east somehow."

Lukas - Red Team

Scout around for a bit, but stay within eyesight of Miyamoto. Try to catch a glimpse of the local lifeforms if possible.
The local lifeforms that you can see already, thanks to your capacity to zoom in with your robo eyes, are several small beetle like creatures, something that looks like a flying squirrel crossed with a mosquito and another beast that looks like a rod with 6 chimpanzee arms. Shit's odd, captain.

"Okay, so here's what I found out about the domes: They act as a portal, transporting any object entering them to another dome. The destination dome and exit orientation seem to be completely random, even for the same domes. SV events happen at random time intervals but there always seems to be at least two minutes of calm from one SV event to the next. During an SV event, anything crossing the border seems to just cease to exist. I suspect, due to a recently lost drone, that there are domes in another sector of this planetoid." continued on Flint as he walked towards the first drone, making notes as he went. "My theory about the crashed shuttle is this. For some reason, the shuttle flied towards the domes. While it was crossing the border an SV event occurred and sliced the shuttle in half. Since the destination of the domes changes from object to object, one section ended up exiting the black gap from one dome and the other from another dome, maybe even in another sector. I believe that further exploration around the domes will reveal the cockpit's location. Then again, there's always the chance that the cockpit ended up inside a chasm or lava lake or other destructive anomaly."

Send the lost drone's tracking signal to everyone else so that they can keep an eye out for it.
Go and retrieve the first drone. I'm guessing it still has fuel, so it should be useful.
Return to the crashed shuttle. It's a 4 man minishuttle, right? Not an HMRC standard shuttle?

And, just in case you don't remember, the experiments I have running in the black tower zone are:

• A drone recording an uncarved section of the towers with the intention of capturing whatever is making those carvings on film.

You retrieve your other drone and send out the signal data to everyone. Now it's up to them to actually use it. You return to the crashed mini-shuttle and scoop up anything that looks like it's still good before resting to eat and drink a bit.

"Maybe the drone is with the front half of the shuttle."You mutter to yourself while eating some re-hydrated tofu paste. "That would be nice."

((PW you missed my turn))
Follow team
Well assume you're with em then. Sorry about that.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14069 on: May 21, 2013, 01:16:42 pm »

Quote from: To Vich
Nothing. All the sensors are standard ones used for measuring things and all cameras are not hidden. Though I am a bit suspicious about how pretty much all of the previous team somehow didn't bother testing the crater for anomalies or did but still went in anyway and how quite a few of the anomalies can't have been natural. Like the laughing near...I can't remember what hex it was. Lars might know. But that laughter was neither natural as we would of been able to ignore it or artificial as we could of shut sound receptors of and we shouldn't of heard it in the first place due to the atmosphere there.

Send message then go back to searching computer.

Ignore action.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 01:59:29 pm by Tavik Toth »
Pages: 1 ... 936 937 [938] 939 940 ... 1256