Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 926 927 [928] 929 930 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3941835 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: What?
« Reply #13905 on: May 10, 2013, 01:31:26 pm »

(Is that everybody on the shuttle?)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13906 on: May 10, 2013, 02:11:11 pm »

Fetch Simus' stuff and hand it back. Then take a sample from the back of the specimen, about 10 cm deep. Perform basic tests to see what its basic components are, then move on to identifying more complex molecules.

((You want me to give specific tests, or would you like it more to simply tell me what one could find out with the available tools?))
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 03:06:58 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #13907 on: May 10, 2013, 02:18:51 pm »

((@RC:I've got some weirdvision info on the rocklice in the alien autopsies section of my notes if you want some ideas.
@Mesk: I think all of green team is aboard.))

Send a drone over the domes (look if there's something special in the center of the sector) and a drone over the salt.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13908 on: May 10, 2013, 02:27:01 pm »

((@RC:I've got some weirdvision info on the rocklice in the alien autopsies section of my notes if you want some ideas.
@Mesk: I think all of green team is aboard.))

Send a drone over the domes (look if there's something special in the center of the sector) and a drone over the salt.

((I know, and thanks for the pointer, but still wanna try it, 'cause I have to start somewhere. Besides, I don't think Morul ever shared his knowledge anyway, so in-game it still makes sense.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #13909 on: May 10, 2013, 02:47:15 pm »

But if you can find a chemical test or something, that might work.

((I tried that, you never responded properly. There was a very good reason I listed all of those different chemicals when I did my initial testing.))

Hey Miyamoto, I'm done with Gilgamesh for now, I'll park him in the garage, then I would like to get my phase suit back.

Park Gilgamesh in the garage, then assist Miyamoto's shell testing (on separate pieces of shell) with the same physical and chemical tests that were performed last time. (Test a bit of each sample in the following manner: Examine under microscope, weigh on scale/measure volume (and calculate density derived from those two measurements), submit to hardness testing, test radiation/heat emission, test for electric charge, submit to flame (be sure to record flame colour), then, after the sample has cooled, reexamine under microscope to see if the structure may have changed during heating, reweigh on scale/measure volume (and calculate density derived from those two measurements), resubmit to hardness testing, retest radiation/heat emission, retest for electric charge. Record all test results on a datapad, then put physical tested samples in different containers, with their names appended with (Physical Properties Tested), subject each to the following in the fumehood: Sulfuric Acid, Hydrochloric Acid, Nitric Acid, Aqua Regia (Mix 1:3 nitric/hydrochloric acid), Ammonia, Sodium Hypochlorite solution, Potassium Rhodizonate imbued paper, (Molten) Sodium Hydroxide (be sure to use a metal container), (Molten) Potassium Chlorate, and Acetone. Observe any and all effects.)
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13910 on: May 10, 2013, 03:00:39 pm »

But if you can find a chemical test or something, that might work.

((I tried that, you never responded properly. There was a very good reason I listed all of those different chemicals when I did my initial testing.))

Hey Miyamoto, I'm done with Gilgamesh for now, I'll park him in the garage, then I would like to get my phase suit back.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((This might be a bit meta-gamey, but the reason I didn't start listing an enormous amount of tests like you did is because PW might not know what half of those would result in, even if he knows what the creature is supposed to be. Not only that, but there would be so many possible tests to do it would be a real chore to do them all, and for him to answer them all, for every shiny we find. That's why I made my action so that he can decide what we are capable of finding out. Not that you should refrain from doing these tests of course, just trying to save you the trouble.))

'Sure, I'll go fetch it. Tell me, did you like it? The suit's capabilities?'
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 03:06:04 pm by Radio Controlled »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #13911 on: May 10, 2013, 03:31:51 pm »

Head home.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13912 on: May 10, 2013, 04:36:48 pm »

Wait for shuttle to return to base then go find Miyamoto and tell him what happend.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #13913 on: May 10, 2013, 04:59:23 pm »

((I was actually saying it could give you some ideas about specific tests you could do. We can't trust those weirdvision alien stuff with everything.))

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #13914 on: May 10, 2013, 06:47:06 pm »

((Which one of us had wierd vision again? as that could be useful in finding out what mineral samples we gather contain or just a bit more about them.))
"Ok then"
see if it is possible to rig up a rough flame test to check for any traces of phosphorus,copper,rubidium ect. See if it is possible to use a similar technique as is used on stars to ascertain chemical components due to absorption of different visible light wavelengths (from memory spectral absorbtion or something similar)
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13915 on: May 10, 2013, 06:56:03 pm »

sleep it off
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #13916 on: May 10, 2013, 07:41:16 pm »

((I listed at least one indicator, which would be Potassium Rhodizonate, which'll show any lead in whatever kind of alloy it is. Hydrochloric acid reacts violently with zinc, sulfuric acid produces green smoke in contact with copper, and the other chemicals serve similar purposes, as well as testing corrosion properties (Aqua Regia is almost specifically for that purpose). But yeah, if PW wants me to explain what something in the tests is for, I have no issue telling him so that he can give a better picture. And if he wants me to slow down my experimental batteries, I'm good with that too.

And Corsair, the flame colour test is a part of my physical test regime, but PW never answered it for my original samples.))

It's powerful, that's for sure. I didn't mess with it too much, it's yours, not mine, and it's mostly built for combat anyways. I might get synthflesh first, but a battlesuit might be worth looking into, especially if I customize it in Tinker before ordering it. Might even try to find a way to incorporate the Phase Armor into one.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 09:36:43 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13917 on: May 10, 2013, 10:01:04 pm »

Get treated.  Beseech help from any gods that listen.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13918 on: May 10, 2013, 10:10:23 pm »

((Ouch, it seems like Mesk is still a bit sore over the whole 'I'll-gouge-your-lungs-out-with-a-fork-you-bastard' thing. Who knew, huh?))

Chill out and wait for the drones to return. Chuck a few rocks out onto the salt flat and try to hit one of the larger crystals to see if anything happens. If nothing bad happens, go ahead and scrape up a sample into a container, being careful not to touch it at all with anything but the sample container.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 10:12:20 pm by Zako »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13919 on: May 10, 2013, 10:29:20 pm »

Continue around the iron lake, staying alert.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 926 927 [928] 929 930 ... 1256