Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 924 925 [926] 927 928 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3940705 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Missile 9: Hot Potato
« Reply #13875 on: May 07, 2013, 10:14:25 pm »

Blue Team

Toss a few rocks into the domes and see if I can carefully put one partway into a dome and withdraw it to see if anything has happened to it if nothing happens when the tossed rocks enter the domes.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #13876 on: May 08, 2013, 02:19:44 am »

Good so far, except now it wants out. Think I should shove the cage the rest of the way?

((Something tells me that Lars and co are in some trouble. In fact, I think there's a possibility that whatever cause that giggling might have screwed with them so that when they thought they were leaving the anomaly, they went further in.))

Lukas

Kick that motherf*cker back into the cage.

"Yeah, I will stand behind the thing and keep it from moving back if you shove the cage towards it."

Stand behind the creature and keep it from moving back while Simus shoves the cage
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #13877 on: May 08, 2013, 02:39:06 am »

Quote from: Corsair on May 07, 2013, 04:56:32 am
sleep then try and test with the goal of figuring out why the samples of similar size are of massively differing weight.

I think there's probably been some miscommunication here. The samples aren't of the same size. The heavier one is fuller, the lighter one is less full. They're the same weight by volume.
((Goddammit!))
Check for any special properties (chemical makeup, preffered crystaline structure, radioactive decay ect.) then go back to the zone and assist simus as nessesary
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #13878 on: May 08, 2013, 03:06:54 am »

((Something tells me that Lars and co are in some trouble. In fact, I think there's a possibility that whatever cause that giggling might have screwed with them so that when they thought they were leaving the anomaly, they went further in.))
((I think it's actually some kind of a Venus Flytrap thing. Or the whatchamacallit from one of them Star Trek TNG episodes, forgot which - it prevents you from leaving by making going away unbearable.

Also, I thought I had a trailer filled with experimenting supplies, and I didn't lose a single rod yet.))

"Oh wow, that thing's stuck tight. I dub thee, the Superglue Anomaly. Aheh."

Try to perform a Phase Two experiment on the stuck rod by melting its stuck tip off with the laser. If the tip won't melt, just cut the stuck segment off and keep the shortened rod. Proceed with the rest of the outlined experiments, and remember that there are spare materials in the trailer.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13879 on: May 08, 2013, 06:25:19 am »

Jack shrugs to himself:"I have had worse."

Wait for rest of team to recover.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #13880 on: May 08, 2013, 09:04:58 am »

Flint Westwood - Blue squad - Sector 17

Continue playing follow the leader, hsrdcore style, by poking the domes with my metal rod. If nothing strange happens to it, insert a drone into the dome by tying it to the end of my pole. Then pull it out and review the footage.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13881 on: May 08, 2013, 09:13:29 am »

[color=00cc00]"WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU! CAN YOU HEAR ME?"[/color]

Try and will the effects to go away. If that doesn't work. check the map, and see where we are.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #13882 on: May 08, 2013, 03:05:14 pm »

Got it. Glad I've got Gilgamesh, I wouldn't think of doing so without. Be ready to close it.

Shove that cage.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #13883 on: May 08, 2013, 10:08:39 pm »

Head back to consolidate and drop offf any gear I don't need, then refuel with nutrients as needed and depart, intending to go around the lava zone the long way.

"Is it fine with you guys if I head around the molten iron lake the long way?"
PW, missed me.

You head back out to the hot zone and around along the east side until you reach the edge of the territory explored by the Good Father.

Team Fucked Green

Lars panted, and tried not to vomit into his suit.  Prayer was the answer here.  "O Algis, protect us!  Steve, may your light shine upon us!  O Pathmas, may you find your children in your favor!"

Try and recover.  Pray.  See how others are doing and if we can communicate.

Try to calculate/estimate how much time we'll have left (in-game time) once we've finished exploring all our bighexes, going from our current rate of exploration, and assuming we continue with 2 exploration teams.
Kinda hard to tell, since most of the explored sectors have been only glanced over or had their boundaries mapped. The inner parts are usually more dangerous as well,so that will mean slower going. Chances are you'll finish with the bare mapping with plenty of time, but who knows when it comes to more in depth examination or cataloging.

((I think at some point (likely once we have a general idea what is in each sector) we will need to prioritize which sectors we need to focus on.  Some could possibly have weeks spent in to uncover all their secrets.  Others (the gel sea seems likely) will just have a couple things to do and be done with.  Some (possibly the one Lars is in) will be simply too dangerous to mess with.  We'll just have to see what we have to work with.))
Team Green

man up and spam tones over the radio till i hear stuff.

[color=00cc00]"WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU! CAN YOU HEAR ME?"[/color]

Try and will the effects to go away. If that doesn't work. check the map, and see where we are.

Lars, Morul and Auron all try their various methods to deal with whatever damage was dealt to them by the zone. Lars mostly collapses into a ball and tries to ride out the feelings while healing them with faith. Being on the ground helps a bit, but the world is still spinning and blood is still leaking from his ears.  Auron spams loud tones on the radio, though only to the annoyance of Jack, since his hearing never does return. Although he's starting to feel dizzy now too. Morul's attempts to will the effects away but whatever is happening to him seems a lot more physical then mental.

Location-wise everyone is on the edge of the gel sea zone.

Jack shrugs to himself:"I have had worse."

Wait for rest of team to recover.
You mute The tones being spammed over the radio and watch as the team staggers around as though drunk.

Blue Team

Toss a few rocks into the domes and see if I can carefully put one partway into a dome and withdraw it to see if anything has happened to it if nothing happens when the tossed rocks enter the domes.
Rather then spend the next hour throwing rocks and hoping to get lucky, you just scoot a long rock into the black domes using another bit of stone. After letting it sit in there for a long time you withdraw it and look at it. It looks the same, seemingly undamaged.

Good so far, except now it wants out. Think I should shove the cage the rest of the way?

Lukas

Kick that motherf*cker back into the cage.

"Yeah, I will stand behind the thing and keep it from moving back if you shove the cage towards it."

Stand behind the creature and keep it from moving back while Simus shoves the cage
Got it. Glad I've got Gilgamesh, I wouldn't think of doing so without. Be ready to close it.

Shove that cage.

Simus and Lukas man(and woman)handle the louse into the box and close the doors.

Well, that was easy enough.

Quote from: Corsair on May 07, 2013, 04:56:32 am
sleep then try and test with the goal of figuring out why the samples of similar size are of massively differing weight.

I think there's probably been some miscommunication here. The samples aren't of the same size. The heavier one is fuller, the lighter one is less full. They're the same weight by volume.
((Goddammit!))
Check for any special properties (chemical makeup, preffered crystaline structure, radioactive decay ect.) then go back to the zone and assist simus as nessesary
Well they do have some sort of contaminant that makes them impure; carbon, or silicon by the look of it. You shrug and decide it's probably not worth going out to help simus, at least not currently considering she'll probably be dragging bugs back in just a moment.

((I think it's actually some kind of a Venus Flytrap thing. Or the whatchamacallit from one of them Star Trek TNG episodes, forgot which - it prevents you from leaving by making going away unbearable.

Also, I thought I had a trailer filled with experimenting supplies, and I didn't lose a single rod yet.))

"Oh wow, that thing's stuck tight. I dub thee, the Superglue Anomaly. Aheh."

Try to perform a Phase Two experiment on the stuck rod by melting its stuck tip off with the laser. If the tip won't melt, just cut the stuck segment off and keep the shortened rod. Proceed with the rest of the outlined experiments, and remember that there are spare materials in the trailer.

Did you ever say what you meant by "experimental supplies"? Oh wait, no you did. I see it now. For some reason I read Rods as rod. My fault. Anyways, that rod is still in there though.

Anyways, where were we...Ah yes. So the lower of the high speed areas just rips the pole out of your hands and sends it rocking off, while the higher of the high speed areas literally shears the thing apart as well as firing it off at high speeds. And you're not even pushing it in there very hard.

As per sliding that sheet in...well that proves hard. See, you slide it in really slow, but the second a little of it gets in, it drags the rest in with a lot of force, which seems to compound upon the already powerful acceleration properties and...well at best it goes flying at worst it shrapnelizes. In the case of slow zones...well you just can't get the damn thing in. Least not in a timely manner. Maybe if you propped a weight against it, pushing it in, and then came back in a week...

As per that drone on a stick thing...are you sure you want to do that? These drones are limited things, after all.

Flint Westwood - Blue squad - Sector 17

Continue playing follow the leader, hsrdcore style, by poking the domes with my metal rod. If nothing strange happens to it, insert a drone into the dome by tying it to the end of my pole. Then pull it out and review the footage.

The rod test reveals nothing so you try the drone test. The footage reveals utter darkness.

Map:
http://imgur.com/WQ5idH4

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: What?
« Reply #13884 on: May 08, 2013, 10:28:06 pm »

quit spamming radio tones and shoot up some morphine instead, if this is really some kind of addictive withdrawal maybe a morphine bridge will limit the damage.

Once im full of joy juice try shouting in my suit to see if i can hear again.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 10:54:41 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13885 on: May 08, 2013, 10:47:03 pm »

"Team Green to base... we need a medical evacuation.  Something... in this sector *cough* has stricken us.  We can't hear, so no audio reply will work..."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #13886 on: May 08, 2013, 11:01:21 pm »

Mesk frowns as he receives Lars' message.
"Ah, shit.  Where did they say they were going...?"
Get to the shuttle, take off and head to Green Team's last known position.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13887 on: May 08, 2013, 11:44:30 pm »

Blue Team

"Huh. Looks like it cancels out all light that enters... Seems safe enough, but let's go around anyway."

Map our way around the domes and explore the rest of the zone, cautiously as always.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13888 on: May 09, 2013, 04:00:50 am »

"I've survived being blown up! I will not let some stupid psychic sounds and a dizzy feeling take me out!"

Will my way through dizziness and such effects.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #13889 on: May 09, 2013, 06:12:54 am »

*Yawn*"Probably time I slept"
Go to sleep then once awake go and perform exacting tests on the iron samples as to what they contain EXACTLY and what form of crystal they form (Telluric for example).
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.
Pages: 1 ... 924 925 [926] 927 928 ... 1256