Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 896 897 [898] 899 900 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944603 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Missile 9: Hot Potato
« Reply #13455 on: April 10, 2013, 05:22:11 pm »

follow lars until its a bad idea then make a witty remark and trip him for his own safety.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13456 on: April 10, 2013, 05:46:29 pm »

Head out, skirting the heat zone enough to keep my shit from melting, and try and meet up with the rest of the team.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #13457 on: April 10, 2013, 06:02:52 pm »

Help Anton build the thing.

((I'll be updating the notes and posting some OOC stuff tomorrow. No time now.))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13458 on: April 10, 2013, 07:39:46 pm »

Follow the team, and observe the terrain/area in general for anything out of the (relative) ordinary.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13459 on: April 10, 2013, 09:33:32 pm »

"Brothers, I believe we have done what we can for this zone.  I will report our progress, then we shall return.  May Algis shield our journey home."

He then switched to Morul's comm, specifically.  "Morul, this is Brother Lars.  If you are in the area, could you please tell me how high this heat goes?"

Lars then changed over to command comm.  "Glorious Leader, this is Brother Lars of Team Green.  We have completed what we can of mapping this zone without straying out of bounds of the inner areas.  We are returning to base.  I will send a mapping drone to scout the rest if we are able to get it to fly over the heat.  Please advise of any further orders."

Return to base.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13460 on: April 10, 2013, 10:54:09 pm »

"Alright, but only since this seems to be one of the safer anomalies out there. I'll send out a mapping drone or two as well to help map it out and we can take a break here before moving back to base."

Send out two mapping drones into the flat zone to map the thing out and send all map data back to base. Watch what happens to the guy who touches the flat zone closely.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13461 on: April 11, 2013, 03:47:58 am »

Carefully keep going, chuckin' rocks all the way. Also cycle through vision modes while looking around to see if I notice anything out of the ordinary.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #13462 on: April 11, 2013, 05:14:33 am »

Carefully keep going, chuckin' rocks all the way. Also cycle through vision modes while looking around to see if I notice anything out of the ordinary.

((hehe, anything out of the ordinary? How should we interpret that in our current environment?))

Keep distance from creepy things and keep throwing rocks around. Look around for things that seem to have life in them.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 05:18:27 am by Prosperus »
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

MutzelRX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13463 on: April 11, 2013, 05:29:21 am »

Stand back behind Vich, watch his experiments. Drag him away from the flat zone should the need arise.
In case of emergency:
Scream. Break glass. Bleed to death.
-----
ER: Suicide bombing with miniature suns against living crystalline skyscraper-battleships

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #13464 on: April 11, 2013, 06:07:43 am »

continue mapping
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #13465 on: April 11, 2013, 08:34:17 am »

It's not like flint hasn't killed people.
((Actually, Flint doesn't enjoy killing and has never directly killed anyone. Let's review the evidence:
Spoiler: Evidence (click to show/hide)
So there you have it. Flint is a pacifist and doesn't like killing humans (aliens are fine, but he'll still probably hesitate a bit).

But Flint had a lot of IC reasons for leaving (including but not limited to his own madness, being tired, being without his exosuit, Vich's and Bishop's violent backstories and them not allowing Flint to map the tunnel) and OOC I just wanted to work a bit on some other stuff while you finish exploring.))

((For playing a cautious character, I'm being pretty risky. On the other hand, Vich has not yet encountered anything that shook him in such a way as to not do this experience. Would be embarrasing to end up without a finger, would be very annoying to lose an arm, but hey, science. You know what would be great here? Mice.))
((Do the penguin. You know you want to.

And I did suggest the guinea pig idea. If only I had thought of that on ship. Now that I think about it, if you got some small creatures that can survive about the same things a MK1 can from the Doctor and attach small cameras to them, you'll have cheap and disposable scouts and test subjects. But where's the fun in that?))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #13466 on: April 11, 2013, 08:37:31 am »

((Flint's a pretty cool dude, just like the one controlling him :P

Aaaanyway, just wanted to say that improvisation would current help. That's all.))

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13467 on: April 11, 2013, 10:21:05 am »

Stand back behind Vich, watch his experiments. Drag him away from the flat zone should the need arise.
((Thank you, I appreciate that a lot.

Flint: I pretty much derived most of it. Except for the last one, because... why am I trying to explain it? It's obvious you're joking. And yeah, you did have a lot of reasons to live, but it was our backstories that pushed you over the edge. I suppose it was stupid of me to ask GM to explain to my character why your character left. I'll try to make it less confusing the next time. And I'll have to use some brains now when talking to you, to keep the character in and OOC out. Have fun OOC, even if I personally prefer to have a full team walking together.))

((Do the penguin. You know you want to.))
((I have no idea what you're talking about.))

Aaaanyway, just wanted to say that improvisation would current help. That's all.))
((I get your first sentence and I agree. I do not understand your second one. Grammar?))
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 10:24:21 am by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Missions 9: Anyone got some bolts?
« Reply #13468 on: April 11, 2013, 11:21:56 am »

((Do the penguin. You know you want to.))
((I have no idea what you're talking about.))
Flint Westwood - Blue squad - Sector 3

((Thankfully, your zone seems to be one of the least dangerous, so even if you slowly start moving forward, avoiding pits, you could still get out of there unharmed.))

((And well done Thearpox for the info in your sig.))

Rest while waiting for the drone to return. Think if it would be possible to slide on the flatlands like an oversized metal penguin. Does my intuition tell me anything about the safety of such an act?
Well, the flatlands are very smooth, so sliding certainly seems possible, hell even inevitable. But the wisdom of hurling yourself into uncharted alien wastelands, sliding head first like a flightless bird on ice, is questionable.

"Hmm. Intriguing. Doing dumb things...is dumb...fascinating."
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((And you don't need my help. Zephyr can pull you out and heal you and Bishop can fly in and save you and even fly you back to base if necessary. There is nothing I could do there, besides maybe make penguin jokes. Anyway, you'll be back soon and we can leave together again (hopefully with the Dodo MPV).))

((I get your first sentence and I agree. I do not understand your second one. Grammar?))
((Thank you. You're making me blush. You're not bad yourselves :P. Now that I think about it, most, if not all of you here are pretty cool. Glad to be with you. But anyway, let's not turn this thread into a "No, you're the best!" thread.
And I believe she meant that we should improvise some means to help us determine what is safe and what is not besides throwing rocks or wasting drones.))

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13469 on: April 11, 2013, 11:32:45 am »

((I know, we're doing fine. But I still like to have the entire group together. It's less about you being necessary, and more about us being together us a group, order, and so on.

Okay, I get the reference now. When someone mentions penguins, I immediately think of May, so you understand why I was confused. And your link is broken. And yeah, I was thinking of doing the penguin, but with the difference that we would know where we're going, and we'd have Bishop with his rocket pods to accelerate us and correct our path if need arise.

And not wasting drones?! To paraphrase Xykon: "Sacrificing Minions: Is there any problem it CAN'T solve?"))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?
Pages: 1 ... 896 897 [898] 899 900 ... 1256