Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 893 894 [895] 896 897 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3945146 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Misson 9: Hot Potato
« Reply #13410 on: April 08, 2013, 12:54:22 pm »

Keep on trucking mapping.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13411 on: April 08, 2013, 01:19:21 pm »

When I wake up, find some material for an eyepatch, so I don't have to keep my eye closed all the time. Then grab additional supplies, especially water, and head back out and look for the team.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13412 on: April 08, 2013, 01:29:50 pm »

Help lars.

"What's with this place?"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13413 on: April 08, 2013, 01:39:04 pm »

"The gods have seen fit to build this place with fire."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13414 on: April 08, 2013, 01:56:00 pm »

((I don't see why we just can't use a minishuttle per team, with the Shuttle saved for something special, or for a rescue mission. A lot more mobile. Unless I somehow misunderstand what you were saying, which is possible.

Regarding the current action... I'm not sure what to.... Has anybody played Alpha Protocol? If yes, remember the email correspondence between Thorton and Steven Heck? Thorton was clearly manipulating Steven Heck by writing those conspirancy theory emails. I'm thinking of about the same level. Vich could be doing the same to Flint.

And I feel like Vich and Flint are going to be best friends forever now. Just saying. ))

"Huh, interesting interesting. So a threat to the national security you say. Was it against UWM in general, or again your tirant in specific? And if it's the earlier, you still hate UWM?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"I suggest that whenever we decide to take a break, we move a couple squares away from the anomaly into the other sector, and take a rest there. We've got foods, we've got pillows, so going back is long and pointless. But I still don't want to rest on the edge of the anomaly."

Okay, this is getting bothersome. Stop trying to argue with Flint, it is obviously getting nowhere. Also, follow the leader.
Edit: Look below for my action.[/b]
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 09:54:07 am by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13415 on: April 08, 2013, 02:00:54 pm »

"It was about the government, so the UWM in general I suppose, since the power belongs only to a select few families that keep getting into the same positions of power and not the people that it belongs to. As for hating them? I guess so, but I don't really think about it much anymore, not since joining at any rate and it only makes me sad when I do think about the state of things."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13416 on: April 08, 2013, 05:30:19 pm »

((Are they anything like the bottom-left idea?))
((Good idea...and man, they DO have a comic for everything!))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #13417 on: April 08, 2013, 06:56:15 pm »

((Regarding the current action... I'm not sure what to.... Has anybody played Alpha Protocol? If yes, remember the email correspondence between Thorton and Steven Heck? Thorton was clearly manipulating Steven Heck by writing those conspirancy theory emails. I'm thinking of about the same level. Vich could be doing the same to Flint.))
((You just said a bunch of stuff there I did not understand. Alpha protocol is that game with the spies, right? What is that thing about the mails? And how does it relate to the current situation?))
((And I feel like Vich and Flint are going to be best friends forever now. Just saying.))
((Don't count on it... yet. Probably when Flint's story arc concludes, because then some hidden things about his past are revealed to him and he comes to terms with his past, but that probably won't happening during this mission or the next one (if I survive that long).

Man, I've got to work on that backstory post sometime soon.))

Spoiler: Useless RP (click to show/hide)
"I... I'm not feeling so well. Since we've now determined that this corridor is safe, something that would have happened a lot sooner if YOU hadn't interfered you-"*cough*"Can I continue on through it and get back to base? If you don't think I can make it on my own, send Zeph with me to keep an eye on me." At least the girl seemed like a normal person. Trapped here with those crazy people, just like me. Or am I one of those people too?

((The notes have been updated in my .txt file, but I haven't gotten to the reorganizing part yet, so I'm not posting them because Spring and my body are conspiring against me.

Damn, I hate spring. I swear, one of these days, I'm going to move to Iceland or Russia, somewhere where the sun seldom shines, the flowers never blossom and it is always cold.[/rant]))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13418 on: April 08, 2013, 07:52:46 pm »

Head on back to base and spread the word about what I saw.

((Yes, speech roll if needed.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13419 on: April 08, 2013, 08:48:50 pm »

map the volcanic fun zone
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13420 on: April 08, 2013, 09:20:30 pm »

"How bad are you feeling and what kind of feeling is it? It might have come from the corridor, so I think that if it has adverse effects on us, then we probably shouldn't go through it in the future. Anyway, I don't think we've found a way through yet, so stick together for now, cause we don't need you collapsing out there by yourself if you get worse since we won't be able to drag you back if we aren't there."

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13421 on: April 09, 2013, 12:37:41 am »

((Alpha Protocol? Enjoy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FckrbHXNtoI (3:30 - 4:15) ))

"Speaking of going back, we basically have a choice right now. We can either go back through the tunnel. We're still less than half the way through it, and after we get through it, we will stumble all the way to base, and fall asleep as soon as we get inside, extremely tired. I'm not exactly exited for this choice, because it will mean that when we continue exploring, we will have to stumble all the way back, and it will also mean that we will have to go through the entire of the anomaly.

The other choice is to go back to the other side. Assuming only me and Flint actually went it and the rest of you stayed outside, it would also be the simpler choice. We have supplies for three days, we will travel a bit from the anomaly and make camp there. In the morning, we will explore the rest of the other side of the anomaly, and then figure out a way back. Or the base could send a shuttle for it if it feels paranoid. "

Something was weird about the way Flint behaved. If he was feeling weird, why did he go into the corridor? If it was that bad, why was he continuing it. And why was he so eager to abandom them and go with Zephyris all of the sudden. Damn it, in the olden days it would have taken Vich seconds to make sense of this. Today, after years of solitude, it was that much harder.

Intuit why the Flint is behaving the way he is. Shut the fuck up about what I figure out. And stop trying to argue with Flint, it is obviously getting nowhere.

If Bishop doesn't make a decision, Vich goes back to the Bishop and Zephyria who are totally waiting at the start of the tunnel, because only Vich and Flint said they were going in. He doesn't try to overly persuade Flint to not wander off by himself, because fuck Flint. If he wants to collapse ten miles from the base, he can do it. It's been confirmed that it's not that dangerous on the way. Then everybody goes a square or two into sector 9, and unless they meet an anomaly, they make camp.

If Bishop does make a decision, he follows his decision without question. (Am I seriously the only one of my team who posted an action this turn?)

((In case someone hasn't noticed, I have another telling of my backstory in a spoiler in my previous post. Also, Bishop, you might want to accept help with the unmapped sector, because we're not going to be mapping it anytime soon.

Also, where do you live right now?)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 10:12:13 am by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13422 on: April 09, 2013, 05:31:23 am »

Once the rest of the team is reasonably well rested, go to sector 4 and start mapping. Fly up and try to get an idea of the area once we reach the edge of the known area, while cycling through vision modes.

"We should start chucking rocks again once we get near the unexplored area. Lucas, if you'd be so kind?"

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #13423 on: April 09, 2013, 06:12:07 am »

Follow the leader shoot things that try to murder us
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #13424 on: April 09, 2013, 07:15:34 am »

"Sure thing, boss"

Start throwing rocks around in sensible directions once we arrive at sector 4.

"By the way, you seem to pronounce my name with a 'c,' whereas it is actually pronounced with a 'k.' It's no biggie. The 'c' just makes my name sound all weird." (( ;)))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.
Pages: 1 ... 893 894 [895] 896 897 ... 1256