Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 865 866 [867] 868 869 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3945919 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Missions 9: Anyone got some bolts?
« Reply #12990 on: March 17, 2013, 09:01:15 pm »

((Our objective is to explore those regions, so I don't think order matters. However I would suggest leaving the weird radioactive blue glow zone for the end.))

"Our suit cameras are now linked to the CCR. Awaiting your orders blue leader."
((Can you repost the short trip map for the perusal of team leaders, or at least provide a link to the post?))
((Nah, those maps are useless, I simply drew those to demonstrate path patterns, not actual paths. I had blue team's path passing through the crater. You have both your objectives and the planet map in the notes on my sig, if you dont remember where you should go. Those should be enough for the team leaders to decide where to go first.))

((Edit: here you go. Just make sure to check those paths, unless you want to try walk through the crater or inside a radioactive zone.  http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=106279.msg4103874#msg4103874 
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 09:10:01 pm by Parisbre56 »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12991 on: March 17, 2013, 09:01:52 pm »

((Our objective is to explore those regions, so I don't think order matters. However I would suggest leaving the weird radioactive blue glow zone for the end.))

"Our suit cameras are now linked to the CCR. Awaiting your orders blue leader."
((Can you repost the short trip map for the perusal of team leaders, or at least provide a link to the post?))
((Nah, those maps are useless, I simply drew those to demonstrate path patterns, not actual paths. I had blue team's path passing through the crater. You have both your objectives and the planet map in the notes on my sig, if you dont remember where you should go. Those should be enough for the team leaders to decide where to go first.))
((Ah, okay. I was thinking of for reference, but that makes sense.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12992 on: March 17, 2013, 09:07:10 pm »

((While that's probably a good idea (and I see now that it came from 6) Lars doesn't know about it.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12993 on: March 17, 2013, 09:33:20 pm »

((You ever get that updated map to upload properly, PW?))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12994 on: March 18, 2013, 12:08:18 am »

"Right, I got the map for our route and it seems we're just pretty much doing a circuit around the base with the other teams. We'll be heading near the nearby crater to map zones 3 and 4, so don't go near it if you don't want to be mush. This shouldn't take TOO long so we should have enough food and water to last the whole route, and we'll be mapping along the way with the drones.

Now, if that's everyone, let's get this show on the road."

Do a quick count of how many drones we have available, then if I haven't got any, grab 3 and put them in my pack. Then lead the team out on foot, heading for zone 3 and keeping a healthy distance from the crater.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12995 on: March 18, 2013, 01:16:19 am »

Get going towards the center of hex 2.

Put the video feeds of the various cameye vision modes on the side of one of Gilgamesh' screens. Do this also for the heat vision.

((This is mainly so that I wouldn't need to add 'and cycle through vision modes' after every other turn.))
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 01:43:53 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #12996 on: March 18, 2013, 01:41:15 am »

((good lets try the sling shot))
After checking the map go to the front of the group and fire those coloured stones ahead of us and leaving them as "safe" markers, If I run out go back along the same route and pickup the stones at the end nearest the base.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

MutzelRX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12997 on: March 18, 2013, 08:25:37 am »

@Flint: "I'll keep that in mind, thanks!"

Follow Bishop

In case of emergency:
Scream. Break glass. Bleed to death.
-----
ER: Suicide bombing with miniature suns against living crystalline skyscraper-battleships

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #12998 on: March 18, 2013, 09:08:19 am »

Follow the leader
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #12999 on: March 18, 2013, 09:11:44 am »

"Curiouser and curiouser."

The events in the footage so far combine into a fairly odd picture in Anton's head. The team having arguments and fights was hardly surprising, but the leader's behavior was at the very least rather suspicious. Did he find out something that he considered worth staying here? Was he under influence? Even if the deaths of the rest of the team weren't a result of his actions - Anton wasn't quite ready to dismiss that theory yet - just him choosing to stay behind when the others took the only escape vehicle with them was enough to make him very suspicious in Anton's eyes. Or was he left behind? With only one side of the story known to him - sporadically, at that - there was no forming a complete idea of the previous team's actions.

Anton begins typing up a text report to Miyamoto, but stops a few sentences in. However strong his suspicions are, a proper investigation will take effort and time. The expedition being sent out now is supposed to be short, the possibility of there being something strange on an anomalous planetoid would probably be old news, and the leader will have enough to worry about in the meantime. His help would be needed anyway, to dig up the actions of the previous leader and have the AI cooperate. Better to spend the next few days looking for more information, and present a more coherent picture of the events when the teams return.

Watch the remains of the leader's feed - if he was present to see the rest of the team leave, if he took anything with him (that can be seen) when he walked off, and anything else. Determine if the base was deactivated before the team left, and if the leader gave the AI any orders to that effect.

Then jot down the findings and thoughts into the datapad, and go find a place to rest the head and eyes for a while.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13000 on: March 18, 2013, 11:27:48 am »

Follow Lars after putting helmet on and doing other importyant suit related things.

"And off we go!"
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 03:05:28 pm by Tavik Toth »

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13001 on: March 18, 2013, 01:32:48 pm »

Link the video of everyone on my team on to my tablet. 4 screens, each a square. Shouldn't have to roll, since I specifically asked AM to show me how it's done, and she did. Strap the tablet onto my body, so I don't have to hold it in my hands all the time.

Follow Bishop's orders.

((I don't trust those funky suit feeds. Tablet seems safer.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #13002 on: March 18, 2013, 04:39:29 pm »

Team Blue:
"Right, I got the map for our route and it seems we're just pretty much doing a circuit around the base with the other teams. We'll be heading near the nearby crater to map zones 3 and 4, so don't go near it if you don't want to be mush. This shouldn't take TOO long so we should have enough food and water to last the whole route, and we'll be mapping along the way with the drones.

Now, if that's everyone, let's get this show on the road."

Do a quick count of how many drones we have available, then if I haven't got any, grab 3 and put them in my pack. Then lead the team out on foot, heading for zone 3 and keeping a healthy distance from the crater.

@Flint: "I'll keep that in mind, thanks!"

Follow Bishop

@Bishop:"Our suit cameras are now linked to the CCR. Awaiting your orders blue leader."

@Zephyris:"Hey, doc. Looks like we're in for a long walk. If you get tired, just hop on me." said Flint, as he noticed Zephyris was the only one without an exoskeleton.

Follow Bishop's orders. If we move out this turn, throw rocks with my slingshot every once in a while and look for anything unusual, both in the way they fly and the effect of their landing. If Zephyris asks, give her a ride.

EDIT: Also, be on the lookout for any signs of the previous team (tracks, equipment, garbage from eaten food). And take a couple of cans of spraypaint with me, just in case.

Link the video of everyone on my team on to my tablet. 4 screens, each a square. Shouldn't have to roll, since I specifically asked AM to show me how it's done, and she did. Strap the tablet onto my body, so I don't have to hold it in my hands all the time.

Follow Bishop's orders.

((I don't trust those funky suit feeds. Tablet seems safer.))

The team heads off toward zone 3, trekking several miles through abject nothingness as Flint continuously pelts pebbles in front of them. They're several miles out, on or perhaps a little into zone 3 when something strange happens. One of Flint's pebbles seems to just stop in mid air, as though it's been caught and held in place. Closer inspection reveals it's not completely stopped. It's just moving in extremely slow motion, like it's falling through thick syrup.

Team Green:
Lars kneels among everyone.

"All praise be to Steve and the HMRC Pantheon.  Steve, may your light shine on us all as we set out on this journey.  May the many hands of Algis shield us on our travels.  O Cog-azaon, guide us in understanding the wonders we find out there.  May Vo-nos quicken our steps, and Ingram guide our guns.  Pathmas the Incognizable, may we be ever in your favor.  In Steve's glorious name, amen."

Let us depart, gentlemen.

Get the mapping drones if Auron doesn't.  Head out on foot toward the center point of Hex 6.

((You wanted us to do 6 first, right?))
((In typing this, I somehow Freudian slipped HMRC Pantheon into Unholy Pantheon.  Make of that as you will.))
Follow Lars after putting helmet on.

"And off we go!"
Follow the Father, and scan the terrain for any anomalies. Cycle through the layers to help.
grab some bandages, a suture kit, a splint or two and some painkillers then follow brother lars to zone 6.
Grab a drone or two if i have room in my pack.

The team, after gathering a few last minute supplies, heads southward toward zone 6. It's several miles and hours away, but they reach the blue glow fast enough. Radiation detectors begin reading low levels of radiation bleeding through the suits, visors and radios distort and tingling runs up and down their limbs. The glow is stronger toward the center of the place, but so is the radiation.

Morul examines it with his pirate eye, but discovers only that their is a thin atmosphere of mostly xenon around them and that the ground has a minor electrical charge.

Team Red:

Get going towards the center of hex 2.

Put the video feeds of the various cameye vision modes on the side of one of Gilgamesh' screens. Do this also for the heat vision.

((This is mainly so that I wouldn't need to add 'and cycle through vision modes' after every other turn.))
Follow the leader
((good lets try the sling shot))
After checking the map go to the front of the group and fire those coloured stones ahead of us and leaving them as "safe" markers, If I run out go back along the same route and pickup the stones at the end nearest the base.

The team wanders northward, trekking several miles through barren stone until they come across a rather sharp change. The stone they've been walking over is a rough and crumbling volcanic stuff, like shattered obsidian; but that suddenly ends. The ground in front of them is completely sooth, smoother then machined glass, and is sectioned off into hexagonal chunks, each a dozen feet wide, as though this place were a massive, giant's causeway that someone sheered completely flat.

In the distance they can make out strange lights in the sky and distant objects set on the great, flat plane.

Team Base:

"Curiouser and curiouser."

The events in the footage so far combine into a fairly odd picture in Anton's head. The team having arguments and fights was hardly surprising, but the leader's behavior was at the very least rather suspicious. Did he find out something that he considered worth staying here? Was he under influence? Even if the deaths of the rest of the team weren't a result of his actions - Anton wasn't quite ready to dismiss that theory yet - just him choosing to stay behind when the others took the only escape vehicle with them was enough to make him very suspicious in Anton's eyes. Or was he left behind? With only one side of the story known to him - sporadically, at that - there was no forming a complete idea of the previous team's actions.

Anton begins typing up a text report to Miyamoto, but stops a few sentences in. However strong his suspicions are, a proper investigation will take effort and time. The expedition being sent out now is supposed to be short, the possibility of there being something strange on an anomalous planetoid would probably be old news, and the leader will have enough to worry about in the meantime. His help would be needed anyway, to dig up the actions of the previous leader and have the AI cooperate. Better to spend the next few days looking for more information, and present a more coherent picture of the events when the teams return.

Watch the remains of the leader's feed - if he was present to see the rest of the team leave, if he took anything with him (that can be seen) when he walked off, and anything else. Determine if the base was deactivated before the team left, and if the leader gave the AI any orders to that effect.

Then jot down the findings and thoughts into the datapad, and go find a place to rest the head and eyes for a while.

(Even though you're out in the garage we're gonna assume at some point you moved into the CCR and started watching from in there, so Mesk's turn can work")

The leader wasn't with them or even near them when they left, or at least his camera wasn't on at that point if he was. Nor was his camera on before he started off on his own doomed journey, so you can't tell what he took or what orders he gave to ALVIN, if any. Although something about the last section of footage strikes you as odd,now that you're watching it again. You watched it on fastforward last time, so you didn't catch how quickly he was moving, or that the ground seemed a bit far away. Upon closer inspection it seems that he's not walking but riding in some vehicle; maybe the missing mini-shuttle, but you can't say for sure, his camera never wavers or looks anywhere but forward. Hm.

You jot down some notes and then lay back in your chair, closing your eyes for a bit of a nap.

Head to the room with the monitors and a. review the footage and b. keep an eye on the suit feeds.
You head to the control room and watch the video feed, both from the current teams and from the past team. Sometimes it's hard to keep them separated.

((You ever get that updated map to upload properly, PW?))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13003 on: March 18, 2013, 04:57:59 pm »

Throw some rocks around, including above me. If nothing strange happens to them, fly a few meters into the air and look around with the various vision modes. Then zoom in on the lights/structures in the distance.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #13004 on: March 18, 2013, 05:02:57 pm »

Lukas gazes at the smooth floor and then at the distant lights. "Should we proceed, boss? I have a bad feeling about this, but I am really curious about those lights."
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.
Pages: 1 ... 865 866 [867] 868 869 ... 1256