Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 845 846 [847] 848 849 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3940632 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Missions 9: Anyone got some bolts?
« Reply #12690 on: March 09, 2013, 10:03:02 pm »

((And Simus is Handiwork-heavy as well.))

If you want to throw a settling-in party or whatever, you're on your own for convincing the others. Also, for the planetoid, perhaps Vastitatibus Temporis? And the base could be Die Abfälle.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12691 on: March 09, 2013, 10:07:55 pm »

"You're getting static on the cameras up there Simus? I'll go have a look, just direct me to where the cameras are placed and I'll take a look after we're done with the AI down here. Oh, and it seems like the AI is called Alvin, so I can guess why Steve would think it's inferior in name terms."

Ask my questions after Miyamoto is done dicking around with Alvin, then head back up and check out the malfunctioning cameras. Ask Alvin where the malfunctioning ones are if I can't locate them easily.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #12692 on: March 10, 2013, 02:24:30 am »

"Darn. Hardly anything to work with around here. I guess they either didn't expect to fight anything, or took the best gear with them."

Grab a Gauss Rifle and a pair of extra magazines, then go to the Vehicle Garage. Examine the stored vehicles and see if any one is obviously missing from the complement - i.e. one the previous team took to the crater. See if the tools are plenty enough to have spares of every variety, and if so find a carrying case and make a portable toolkit out of them.

((Even if Anton would best be left inside the base, being as prepared as possible to do his thing anywhere is a decent precaution.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12693 on: March 10, 2013, 10:48:28 am »

"Darn. Hardly anything to work with around here. I guess they either didn't expect to fight anything, or took the best gear with them."

Grab a Gauss Rifle and a pair of extra magazines, then go to the Vehicle Garage. Examine the stored vehicles and see if any one is obviously missing from the complement - i.e. one the previous team took to the crater. See if the tools are plenty enough to have spares of every variety, and if so find a carrying case and make a portable toolkit out of them.

((Even if Anton would best be left inside the base, being as prepared as possible to do his thing anywhere is a decent precaution.))
((Yeah- if there's one thing we need to be on this mission, it's prepared, because we have no idea what we'll find out there. I still want to make that gravity seep sensor.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12694 on: March 10, 2013, 11:16:02 am »

((A rock. Worked for me.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12695 on: March 10, 2013, 11:18:17 am »

((A rock. Worked for me.))
((Yeah, but driving around could be a bit tricky for that, because we don't know if anomalies are going to be only in craters or certain landforms- they might be anywhere.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12696 on: March 10, 2013, 11:22:38 am »

((Next turn, I'll go see if my weirdvision can pick them up. The math should be different.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12697 on: March 10, 2013, 11:42:15 am »

((A gravity sensor is easy to make. All you need is some kind of RC buggy driving ahead of you with it. Strip the low-power generators out of a few gauss rifles, find some servomotors and small wheels among the vehicle spares, write a basic driving AI...))

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12698 on: March 10, 2013, 12:13:01 pm »

If you want to throw a settling-in party or whatever, you're on your own for convincing the others. Also, for the planetoid, perhaps Vastitatibus Temporis? And the base could be Die Abfälle.
((Even though my german are a bit rusty, I remember what THAT means. Too bad Flint doesn't.))
"Those both sound like excellent and awe inspiring names. I'm sure they hold some deeper meaning in your language that expresses the unique beauty of this place. Any other suggestions?"
((I was expecting at least someone to suggest a good name but, oh well. This Is the HMRC, so it's kind of fitting.))

((A gravity sensor is easy to make. All you need is some kind of RC buggy driving ahead of you with it. Strip the low-power generators out of a few gauss rifles, find some servomotors and small wheels among the vehicle spares, write a basic driving AI...))
((Yeah, but that means you're wasting parts, and we don't have lots of those. It would be more efficient (if a bit harder) to combine geolocation and starmaps and satellite maps to detect gravitational lensing. Also, one group should have Morul looking out the front window with his eyes closed if his sight can detect those things. Maybe we should ask ALVIN if he has any extra equipment available hidden somewhere. For example, didn't Steve say there were some kind of mobile comm relays around here?))

((Also, updated my notes yet again. Remember to PM any suggestions so as to reduce thread clutter.))
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 12:52:59 pm by Parisbre56 »

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #12699 on: March 10, 2013, 01:05:11 pm »

((Auto mapping drones.))

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12700 on: March 10, 2013, 02:07:38 pm »

"Huh, so we've got three people giving suggestions so far. A mean one, a hopeful one, and a cynical one. And now we just need a hero to choose between one of them and set the morality course for the rest of the game. Mon dieu, it's like a stupid old RPG! And dare I say that a retired movie actor fits the role of the hero rather perfectly.

But Simus, is that really your choice? Do wonders of the universe really hold no wonder for you? Have you really no joy in exploring what human beings almost never get to expllore? I thought you were a scientist, are you not?"

((A good name? Beep-Bop 224. The irony of the entire thing, is that Piecewise probably already has a name for the planetoid, and it's probably something like that.

(Looks down.) Yea, missed that. Not that I tried not to miss it. Well...we can still fight for Beep-Bop 1774...))
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 02:28:31 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12701 on: March 10, 2013, 02:25:29 pm »

((The name's AP-1774. As for one we give to it, so far it hasn't displayed any particular characteristics. Besides "Deathtrap". So, DEATHTRAP-1774?))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12702 on: March 10, 2013, 02:37:40 pm »

((A quick Wikipedia search reveals this.))
Quote from: Wikipedia article about 1774
July 21 – Russo-Turkish War (1768–1774): Russia and the Ottoman Empire sign the Treaty of Kuchuk-Kainarji with Russian victory, ending six years of war. The treaty does give Russia the right to intervene in Ottoman politics to protect its Christian subjects.
October 21 – The word "Liberty" is first displayed on a flag raised by colonists in Taunton, Massachusetts, in defiance of British rule in Colonial America.
((So maybe we should name the planetoid Tauntaun? I always liked those silly things. Or maybe Kuchuk-Kainarji, since I always heard about that treaty in school but never paid much attention.[/joking]

Or more seriously maybe something like Liberty. Which will also be kind of ironic since we're prisoners. So maybe Liberty of the Caged, since we're free to explore yet trapped on the planetoid.

Or maybe something like The Joy of Discovery, since we're here to do science.))

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #12703 on: March 10, 2013, 02:43:33 pm »

((The liberty ones sound cool.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12704 on: March 10, 2013, 03:53:21 pm »

"Team Leader. I'm sorry, forgetting your name. I'm investigating the barracks right now, and I'm standing in front of a room labeled "Team Leader's Quarters." I was going to check it out, but it's got a biometric lock.
Can you get whatever artificial intelligence we have to open it for me so I can investigate it?
Or at least find out if it is directly connected to that lock? I wouldn't want this thing to be rendered unopenable if something goes wrong with our AI, but it's probably still wired to correspond to the previous Team Leader, if to anyone at all."

"We're working on the Ai as we speak. Once this is sorted out, I'll come down and open it for you, kay?"

Give the computer my hand print, then assist Bishop in running the diagnostic on the AI. Then ask it again to give the base a full scan.

Miyamoto then opens a comm channel to all the people on the mission: "Now that everyone is a bit settled in, I'm going to make some appointments.
Bishop, you'll be chief Engineer. you'll be responsible for keeping the base, and especially our vehicles, in working order. The Garage will be your turf.
Simus will be my second-in-command, so should I spontaneously combust, she will become expdition leader. She will also be our science officer, and as such the lab is her domain. So if you find a particularly interesting rock, you take it to her.
Next, Mesk will be our head medic, and the Medbay will be his responsibility. And I'm sure his days of experimental medicine are over, so if you get a papercut, don't hesitate to talk to him about it.
Finally, I will need a Quartermaster, who will be keeping stock of everything we have, and makes sure we don't run out of food a month before they come pick us up. This person will also be in charge of the Armory, and will handle dispensing weapons and ammo from it. Flint, do you think you're up for that?

Oh, and while I'm at it, if any of you took a weapon from the armory already, please go to Flint and give them back. No worries, you'll get them back once we start exploring, but I don't want some smuck to start hoarding ammo or weapons in the hopes of selling them back on ship later on."

« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 04:12:47 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 845 846 [847] 848 849 ... 1256