Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 790 791 [792] 793 794 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3940621 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Worst bombsquad in the galaxy
« Reply #11865 on: February 03, 2013, 01:39:09 am »

"Simus, Flint wants to know if you're done with that datapad," Jim said, since Simus had earlier mentioned she was cutting off coms from the old actor. Once everyone who wanted to come was aboard, Jim was pressing the down button, and that would be that.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11866 on: February 03, 2013, 04:22:33 am »

Stacy, Team C DJ, In Hospital.

"It worked! That crazy lady must be a genius of some kind!"

To Feyri: "Hey, crazy lady, you're a genius! It turns out this thing really doesn't like heat! Who would've thunk it?"

Throw a bit of garlic into the carnage.

"I now pronounce you... well done."

See if there's still any haze left over. Regardless of its existence, run back to the elevator. Stand inside. READY to go down and get down with my bad self, if applicable.

To everyone: "Hey, infected people, if these suits have thermostats, I'd advise you to turn them up several notches. You'll live longer that way, I think!"

"However, I do warn people that I cannot be held liable for any horrible deaths incurred this way. Blame the crazy lady instead."
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 08:40:38 am by Harry Baldman »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Bad With Children
« Reply #11867 on: February 03, 2013, 07:14:54 am »

[Team B Leader=Milno]

Milno finally leaves his lethargic state to check for his suit's systems.
"I think that if the thing you were talking about was destroyed, it may as well time to move down. I'm not going to last much and I'd rather not be a piece of useless meat carried around by my teammates."

Check if the suit has any system perfectly usable by stupid people to raise and lower internal temperature. Follow the team down.
Spoiler: B Team (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #11868 on: February 03, 2013, 08:34:04 am »

((Eeeeeee-

Mistake on confusing username and player, Edit please D:))
((When I said that what I was saying was out of character, I didn't mean it in that level. :P But seriously, I need to think of an explanation of how a 0 intelligence ex-actor ex-farmer got science knowledge.))
((He read it out of a book.

But really, at that age of your character and the snippets of his bio I got from your posts back then, I'm pretty sure he knows at least that much. :P))

Team C ; Feyri Nirel - Armored Mercenary - Graveyard area.

Press ye Elevator Down button if everyone is ready.

Listen to Elevator music...or at least the ambient sounds of my breathing teammates.

To Feyri: "Hey, crazy lady, you're a genius! It turns out this thing really doesn't like heat! Who would've thunk it?"
"Err, that was a guess. I had an experiment back in the day that involved the accidental...err, incident when a bacteria sample got out of control, and infected one of my colleagues wounds. I had to...improvise the use of a gas tap, a cigarette lighter (not mine), and some Summer .70 Fragrance perfume to help fix the thing.

"...In short, purge by fire. And I'm not crazy!"

Feyri drummed her fingers on the elevator control console as she inspected her teammates. Why did they think there was something wrong with Jim?

I mean, yeah. He did have one of his...urges I guess, with Faith.
But then he saved a lot of people and curtailed a potential hazard.
But then the doctors and other medical personnel are mostly extinguished.
And the fire. Will it reach the elevator?
Don't forget what Engineering taught you. If something survives a cataclysm...
Aw great. You're the only one without a faceplate! Look apathetic! Now!

Whistle a hopeful tune.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11869 on: February 03, 2013, 08:40:28 am »

"Well done, you've followed typical HMRC proceedure: Set everything nearby on fire. At least it worked."

Bishop sees Mesk eyeing up the iris with his cutter and decides to intervene.

"Hey, put that thing away. We don't need you damaging the iris and risk jamming it shut. We're heading down anyway."

Stop Mesk doing something silly and possibly dangerous to everyone. Then keep an eye on everyone and prepare for the trip down. Also, get the medics to check their kits to see if there's anything they have that can help Milno, with the exception of cutting his leg off.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11870 on: February 03, 2013, 08:43:43 am »

"Err, that was a guess. I had an experiment back in the day that involved the accidental...err, incident when a bacteria sample got out of control, and infected one of my colleagues wounds. I had to...improvise the use of a gas tap, a cigarette lighter (not mine), and some Summer .70 Fragrance perfume to help fix the thing.

"...In short, purge by fire. And I'm not crazy!"

"I see. How long did your colleague scream before they expired? Was his or her name Flint, by any chance? And did you just burn the corpse or dispose of it some other way?"
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 08:45:29 am by Harry Baldman »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11871 on: February 03, 2013, 08:51:29 am »

"...No, that was my sister. We were working on a collaborative project. All she ended up with was a minor scar afterwards. It all went well, actually.

"And no, there were no casualties in the area."

How is anyone who is female named Flint?!

"And nothing was done with any corpses..."

...Did something happen to Stacy?

Feyri turned to view the man asking her such questions. "You OK?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11872 on: February 03, 2013, 08:58:20 am »

"...No, that was my sister. We were working on a collaborative project. All she ended up with was a minor scar afterwards. It all went well, actually.

"And no, there were no casualties in the area."

How is anyone who is female named Flint?!

"And nothing was done with any corpses..."

"No casualties, you say? Interesting. More investigation may be necessary. We will return to this question at a later time. Particularly the corpse part."

Very interesting indeed.

...Did something happen to Stacy?

Feyri turned to view the man asking her such questions. "You OK?"

"I am feeling absolutely wonderful, I have to say. How are you feeling? You seem distraught about something. Is Flint speaking to you again?"
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 08:59:51 am by Harry Baldman »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11873 on: February 03, 2013, 09:14:47 am »

"This guy bothering you, Feyri?" Jim asked, cracking his knuckles.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11874 on: February 03, 2013, 10:03:32 am »

"This guy bothering you, Feyri?" Jim asked, cracking his knuckles.

"Oh, I was merely interviewing her on some salient of her past to determine the cause of her current condition. Discussions of one's past are always so revealing, you know. If you or she have any objections, feel free to raise them and I will address your concern. No need to prepare for MAXIMUM ULTRA-VIOLENCE or any other such deterrent."

"By the way, addressing someone as 'this guy' is so distasteful. My name, you see, is Stacy Buttle. And you would be?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11875 on: February 03, 2013, 10:05:56 am »

"N-not at all Jim!" Feyri said on that private channel, unaware that it was done automatically when the user's voice recognition levels were nearly monotonous at a higher pitch than normal - displaying anxiousness. Or concern.

"I've a condition?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11876 on: February 03, 2013, 10:11:26 am »

"Oh, we know each other. Or we should; I know we've spoken before now. You seem to have forgotten a lot of things since that incident on the ship," Jim said to Stacy. "One of the downsides of being an old man, I suppose." He turned to Feyri. "No, you're not crazy, and you don't have a condition. If anyone's crazy it's Stacy here; you remember hearing about the painting, right?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11877 on: February 03, 2013, 10:15:24 am »

"Yeah, I guess...It was that one painting that was too good for aesthetic descriptions, right? Still...I just noticed his attitude change right now. As in, a few minutes ago.

"Something up?"

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11878 on: February 03, 2013, 10:19:26 am »

((That alcohol should be known as Cannibale.))

Check if there's anything else on the datapad of value, then hand it back to Flint.

Jim, I suppose it's for the best that Stacy doesn't remember those events. Don't want him recreating them, you know?
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11879 on: February 03, 2013, 10:23:30 am »

Jim nodded to Simus as best as he was able - given the whole 'half-a-head' thing - in acknowledgement before returning his attention to Feyri. "It was something like that. Don't worry about it. As far as I know that painting is gone for good." He rolled his shoulders slightly, getting bored of waiting. "Everyone who's not wanting to stay behind with the doctor and his possible mininuke aboard yet, so we can get the mission done and put this colony behind us?" he asked over general coms.
Pages: 1 ... 790 791 [792] 793 794 ... 1256