Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 776 777 [778] 779 780 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3937313 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Bad With Children
« Reply #11655 on: January 24, 2013, 04:37:25 pm »

Flint was panting from the effort of trying to move as fast as he could while maintaining his balance. Sure, strength wasn't an issue, the suit's actuators were taking care of moving the bulky thing, but maintaining his balance required all of his concentration and dexterity, due to the delay of the negative feedback system. Every time he tried to have both the exosuit's feet leave the ground, like one would do when sprinting with their own two legs, the delay made him lean dangerously to the side.
"I'm coming, I'm coming, don't yell at me! I've only been in this bloody thing for a couple of hours and it's harder to control than a mechanical bull." In the background of Flint's transmission one could hear the cacophony of noise coming from metal grinding upon stone and motors trying to move the suit at speeds it wasn't designed for.
"I just wish you guys got shot at when I was nearby, so I could help. Or, you know, didn't get shot at all." That last thought (the thought of a hypothetical universe when everything wasn't trying to kill them) got him distracted long enough for him to lose his balance. He shoved an imaging machine to the side in order to regain his balance, severely denting it in the process. Woops. Hope nobody needed that.
"Look on the bright side. If you're lucky Faith might give you a 'kiss', he he he." Flint half-joked. People were more likely to survive if they had something to look forward to. What am I looking forward to?
He quickly got that thought out of his head. Now was not the time for depression.

((I think I got a bit carried away with the RP.))
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 04:47:04 pm by Parisbre56 »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #11656 on: January 24, 2013, 05:31:30 pm »

((I think I got a bit carried away with the RP.))
(( How so?))

Pancaek forgot the pain for a moment, puzzled by the old man's comment "How in the bloody hell would I get a kiss, We've got helmets on..." "I think you're missing the point here"  "Right right, I need to start working on replacing this leg somehow. Does anyone have a spare?" "oh shit, I'm starting to lose it, I'm talking nonsense. Why?" "look down" "Down? wh..ah yes, the leg"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Civilians killed: 104
« Reply #11657 on: January 24, 2013, 06:33:56 pm »

"Thanks Faith. I don't know how to say this, but you're a pretty good kisser."
"Don't know what she does or how she does it, but Sambo seemed pretty happy after she 'treated' him. If you know what I mean." At least he's still talking nonsense, so he must be fine.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 06:36:30 pm by Parisbre56 »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11658 on: January 24, 2013, 07:29:49 pm »

"I don't think these suits will stand up against that," Faith said, eying the way the room was just sort of exploding under gauss fire. Like, actual gauss fire. "But I guess if Miyamoto's tanking for us...

Also, I can stop you from bleeding out, Pancaek, but that might infect you with the plague. So, you know. Might want to look into alternate medical providers, if we even have any."

If Miyamoto or Flint are blocking bullet death, help drag Pancaek to safety.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #11659 on: January 24, 2013, 07:48:43 pm »

((Actually since PW said "The first tears through your knee and practically takes your leg off". would this mean my leg is actually off, or that there's just a nice big hole where my kneecap is supposed to be and it's still hanging on?))

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #11660 on: January 24, 2013, 07:57:15 pm »

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

Get to Pancaek's position.  Figure out what to do with him.

(Dynamic bonus activate!)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11661 on: January 24, 2013, 08:07:28 pm »

((Actually since PW said "The first tears through your knee and practically takes your leg off". would this mean my leg is actually off, or that there's just a nice big hole where my kneecap is supposed to be and it's still hanging on?))
(("Practically" seems to imply that it's not actually fully off yet.))

Get to Pancaek's position.  Figure out what to do with him.

(Dynamic bonus activate!)
(([1]: BREAK HIS SPINE!))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11662 on: January 24, 2013, 08:26:08 pm »

Seeing Jim move around with a unsettling look on his robo-face, Bishop decides to do the smart thing before things get out of hand.

"I think it may be time for agressive negotiation. Go get 'em little fella! Try not to get shot too much!"

Boot Mesk out into the corridor and thereby near Jim so he won't use me as a human missile. Grab something reflective to poke around the corner to see how things are going and keep a nice distance from a quick and nasty death.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11663 on: January 24, 2013, 08:32:52 pm »

Move out to the active firing zone (that is, the fight).

Jim, should I get my last grenade ready? It's the nastiest one I've got.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11664 on: January 24, 2013, 09:29:37 pm »

Brother Lars perked up.  "I can ease your suffering with prayer."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #11665 on: January 24, 2013, 11:14:26 pm »

"I can ease your suffering with prayer."
("I can ease your suffering with malpractice!")

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11666 on: January 24, 2013, 11:16:38 pm »

((Take your pick!))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11667 on: January 24, 2013, 11:20:24 pm »

[Team B Leader=Milno]

Milno started to walk towards the shootout area, stopping to watch leisurely as Miyamoto is pelted with gauss shells.
"Will you try to convince them to stop firing when the guys with guns start reloading or will you give up?"

Watch the shootout.
Spoiler: B Team (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11668 on: January 25, 2013, 12:04:35 am »

((Listening to the podcast now- glad to hear my characters are interesting to you!))

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #11669 on: January 25, 2013, 09:54:56 am »

Team D - Lukas - Hospital Lobby

Lukas hears Miyamoto's message over the comm. "Let's go Sambo. There is no more time for cool handshakes."

Lukas drags Sambo with him towards Miyamoto's location. He makes sure to leave Sambo at a spot close the location of incident, but clear of any serious danger. He tries to take in a tactical position himself. Preferably somewhere where he can see the enemy but where he is still difficult to hit. Activate laser drones.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.
Pages: 1 ... 776 777 [778] 779 780 ... 1256