Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 775 776 [777] 778 779 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3937593 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Bad With Children
« Reply #11640 on: January 24, 2013, 12:50:24 am »

=+=Private Channel: James Kelly=+=
"Hey, Jim...Could I ask you on how Milno is doing? I mean- you were close with him earlier...Wait, sorry..."

=+=Private Channel: James Kelly - Shared route > Milno Enidrasi=+=
"Hey Milno, listen, I know this sounds weird and completely abrupt, but...how's your team doing?"

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11641 on: January 24, 2013, 12:51:38 am »

Continue being useless and following Milno around because you've been busy with real life for a while

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11642 on: January 24, 2013, 12:52:12 am »

Lars frowns, then sighs.  "Fine, fine."

Take picture of body with suit cameras.  Continue on with further exploration of the hospital, if there's any area besides what is blocked off.  Otherwise, wait for the wall to be breached.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11643 on: January 24, 2013, 06:12:39 am »

((If I'm the centerpiece of a zord-like concoction, then I can assure you we will NOT form a milnobot. Maybe a giant badger or something. Yeah, badgers are nice.))
((Badgers are cool. And then we can play this song during transformation.))
((Also, I was saying MY mecha would be a Milno-bot, since Milno has become a saint and folk hero. I just have to wait until he completes 10 missions.))
((Also, team C, be sure to pick the limb you would like to be the most in a giant mecha.))
((I could make a lame penis joke about this, you know. But I won't.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11644 on: January 24, 2013, 06:32:52 am »

((Also, team C, be sure to pick the limb you would like to be the most in a giant mecha.))
((I could make a lame penis joke about this, you know. But I won't.))

((I thank you for your self-restraint. Truly you are an example to us all.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #11645 on: January 24, 2013, 07:45:25 am »

Team D - Lukas (+Sambo) - Hospital Lobby

((Oh dear, I have too little time to read up on everything. I guess Lukas is still standing around in the hospital lobby and I read somewhere that I am granted with the great honor to also direct Sambo's actions.))

Lukas is still standing around in the lobby, feeling useless. He notices that Sambo is staring at him like a puppy waiting for Lukas to throw a stick. "Uhm...Sambo, maybe you should check up on the 'cap.' I've got nothing to do for you at the moment."

Sambo wanders off to assist Faith, while Lukas stays in the hospital lobby, shouting demotivating remarks at the rest of the team. Before Sambo wanders off, Lukas and Sambo do this: ignoring the fact that Sambo only has one arm.

You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11646 on: January 24, 2013, 12:59:30 pm »

((Oh you XD

See, that's what you get when you attempt to deprive sleep. :P))

Team C ; Feyri Nirel - Armored Mercenary: Following Faith with Jim in a headlock past the Patient SC and at the doors to the sealed off labs.

"Alright, that's better now. Jim, can you hear me? I'm guessing your...hardware- malfunctioned there." Feyri said as she glared at Faith while she was turned away.

"But your head is strangely not damaged in anyway..." She let go of the headlock. "Err, just testing if it had anything wrong with it...Um, sorry."

Must calm down...

"Hey Faith, can you broadcast our intentions here? I'll try to get to the laundry."

Examine doorway into Laundry and the adjacent room, then enter the Laundry.

Spoiler: A/C Coalition (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

=+=Private Channel: James Kelly=+=

"What in the world is a coochie?"

The door next to the laundry, the physical therapy door looks AS OPEN AS THAT WHORE'S LEGS!...ahem. Calming thoughts. Kittens, and getting paid more then 5 tokens on a mission. Ahh. better.

You head into the Laundry room. It's full of laundry and idiots. WHAT A GODDAMN SURPRISE!

(Also, good luck explaining that word there, Jimmy boy.)

"Hmm, not much to see here. Better go put Gilgamesh to work."

Go over to the entrance to the labs, 'improvise' a way in. Try not to cause too much damage, just enough for me and my teammates to enter.

Private channel to Simus: "What did that datachip I hacked for you say? Anything noteworthy?"

((I propose we find out where PW lives, tie him to a chair and feed him coffee intravenously untill he can't sleep. Ever again. That should make future updates equally interesting.))
You walk over to the sealed doors to the lab examine them carefully.

"Yes, just a half inch incision here, apply slight pressure here, and then it should open"

You ram the entire front half of your suit through the door. Standing in the lab are a good dozen men in biohazard suits with Adhoc flamethrowers and what look like military grade gauss assault rifles. There is a long moment of silence as you both just kind of stare at each other.

"Um...Candygram?"

And then everything becomes fire and bullets bouncing off your suit.

Jim responded. "Uh... I dunno. I think this place is starting to get to me a little. Nothing as bad as hallucinated zombies yet, but between the previous alien soundwave infection and stress of using my amps so much so quickly I think I'm getting a little brain-fatigued. I think I'll take a mental break for a bit, just restrict myself to using the arms for anything if necessary." Actually, he did know, he just wasn't going to say. He was quiet for a few moments before what was left of his emoticon flickered into a glowing :3. "Still, you were jealous enough to drag me away..."

Feeling a bit cheered by that, Jim cracked his knuckles and approached the doors to the sealed off labs. "I'm going to open these, so... take cover just in case somebody's behind them, waiting." With that, he started punching the doors until he broke through them.

You walk over to the lab door, wind up and then Miyamoto totally steals your door kill.

"Yo, man. Not cool. That door was mine. He and I have had a rivalry since we were children. He ate my dog. Are you even listening to my completely coherent rant?"

And then bullets start tearing through the door and the walls.
[end:5]

You stand in the midst of the hail of hypersonic projectiles, completely unfazed.

"I mean it man, it's not cool. You don't steal another man's fated door fights. You've cockblocked my destiny here today."

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

Meekly follow behind the main group.  Grab medical supplies if there are any worth grabbing.
You run to catch up with Jim and reach the Patient SC just as the bullets start coming in. You stand at the doorway for a second, watching the walls get torn apart, desks splinter, and computer terminals burst like electronic melons.

"Yeah. I can see you're a little busy here Jim. I'll just be waiting outside here. Good luck with that whole getting shot thing."

You hide around the corner, curled in a helpful ball.

"He'd probably just break my spine at them anyways." You mutter.

Stacy, Team C DJ, In The Throes Of Dance Mania. Also In Imaging.

"Imaging, here I come! You had better have crimes against humanity in you, or moves will be busted!"

Do the Safety Dance for good luck, then cautiously look around the imaging department for anything... suspicious. Or peculiar. Or incredibly offensive. Other than myself, obviously. Trap-check EVERYTHING.

"I can dance if I want to, I can leave my teammates behind, Because they can't dance, and if they can't dance they're...probably gonna get shot soon anyways."

You check around the Imaging area. Well, theres nothing inherently suspicious about these machines beyond the fact that they look like they were made to handle corpses rather then living patients. However, there may be some images saved in the machines, like whatever they last scanned.

((I really wonder what you people are talking about there...In that..err- chat?))
((Last week I came down with something (incidentally it also has cough as a symptom) and now I'm pumped full of antibiotics, I'm sleep deprived, my everything hurts and I'm getting the "good stuff" in terms of painkillers. That was my tired brains' pathetic attempt of a joke. We can't all be piecewise.))

Find corpse's cause of death. Search around the room for anyone alive or alternate entrances, vents, people hiding in closets etc.

((I'm going to crawl back to bed now.))
Bit hard to find the cause of death considering the fact that it's rotten and filleted. For all you know he was killed by being put through a meat slicer.

As per those other things you're doing: No one alive, just dead and soon to be dead. No alternate entrances, spinning book cases or trap doors. There is a vent but unless you're worried about someone crawling out of a 4 by 6 inch grated hole in the wall then you're fine.  And no, no people in closets, no monsters under the bed and no gremlins in the bed pan. Gotta be careful about that last one. Thats how your grandfather died.

Doctors here think the disease is either not natural at all, or at the least, it is not natural to humans. Looks like the bit of speculation about the disease we had after I found out about the anomalous caves may have been correct. Also, it says... lethality is almost universal, and effective periods vary greatly.

See if it lists symptom order.

-inflammation and coughing
-fever
-joint pain and stiffness
-Hemorrhaging, beginning in the lungs and spreading outward to other organs.
-eventual death from bloodloss, shock, sepsis or organ failure.

Hmmm... yes... not sure why this hat sounds so appealing, but so be it!

Execute plan pelvis top-hat!  REDACTED- see below.

Hmm for you to be a haberdasher of men, for men, you're gonna need a knife.

"I don't know, Fey. Not many women would try putting a man my size in a headlock unless they had a good reason," Jim said in a teasing manner over the private line. He opened up a different one. "Milno, this is Jim. Not a whole lot going on in the hospital other than the front door being booby-trapped with explosives; no injuries or casualties from that luckily. How are things going on your end?"

[Team B Leader=Milno]

Milno listened to Jim's report before answering with his own.
"B Team is already at the hospital too, since we didn't find anything worth noting in the graveyard. On another note, command is still silent and the elevator is still closed. I'm also getting worse and it probably won't take much more until I bite the dust."

Move back to the hospital and start to examine the floor for any signs of blood or prior movement, recent dragging of bodies and happenings along those lines.
Spoiler: B Team (click to show/hide)

You look for tell tale blood trails or stacks of severed limbs or maybe a helpful sign saying "Bob's big bin of dead bodies, No gurls allowed, do not look at"

You find exactly none of that.

"oh well, looks like there's-" "-only one thing we can do"

"ALL Y'ALL STAND THE EFF BACK, I'VE GOT THIS"

tie a clean sheet around my neck like a cape, then follow Miyamoto to the Labs. Wait until he's opened the door, then go inside, checking the entire room for traps and usefull items
You tie a clean sheet around your neck and instantly you are WAFFEL MAN! With the power to misspell the names of breakfast pastries!

You run from the Laundry into the Patient SC on route to the lab and into a hail of bullets. The first tears through your knee and practically takes your leg off, the second clips your chest, breaks a rib and tears a nice gash across your side and the third strikes off center on your helmet, ricocheting off and throwing you to the ground with a concussion.

"No...small metal objects moving at high speed and lacerating my organs...my one weakness..."

[end:4]

"I could use a little help here. Crippled man in a cape. Just saying."

"I'll protect you, baby." you whisper, " If anyone tries to hurt you I'll,"  You flex one mighty synthflesh arm, "Take'em to the Gun show."
((This is the best thing ever and I have no regrets.))

Let me just roll youse some invisible dice and....

Yeah, the sum total of your medical experience tells you that you could probably turn his pelvis into a hat.
((Also this.))

"Now this is utterly bizarre. They seem to have, er... walled off the labs, I guess? Maybe even completely filled them in, I don't know. Or that map we found was wrong or intended for the future...

But yeah, I might as well broadcast. They must know we're in here from the entrance going off anyway.

Attention any survivors, this is an HMRC task force under the command of a UWM first responder. We are here to evacuate any survivors and deal with any hostiles as we see fit. If anyone's still alive in there, please let us know about it."

Broadcast another futile We Come In Peace message, examine entrances to Physical Therapy and/or Administration, whichever I can reach from Patient SC and Laundry.
"We come in...I SAID WE COME IN PE..WOULD YOU STOP SHOOTING AT US FOR A SECOND? IT'S VERY HARD TO TELL YOU WE COME IN PEACE IF YOU WON'T STOP SHOOTING AT US!"

You cower against the door to physical therapy and crawl your way in once it becomes clear that bullets won't listen to reason. Inside you find...well nothing of interest really. Physical therapy stuff. Exercise machines, big old inflatable balls, posters asking why you didn't just get a damn robotic leg instead. The usual.

"Google maps would be flipping a shit if they saw the state of these maps..." Bishop mutters quietly as he walks casually through the abandoned halls, pausing to give a bland comment to Simus as he walks past. "Well, what do you know. ANOTHER alien virus that completely messes up the human body and mind. What else is new?"

As he keeps walking he stops and sees a certain religious doctor about to do something gross to a human body.

"Hey, I have to put up with you crazies for the rest of this mission and I don't need you to walk around wearing a hat made from some dead person! It'll just freak out the normal people we're supposed to be saving, so cut that shit out!"

Slap Lars up the back of the helmet and stop him from doing something gross and inappropiate. Then check out that nearby door for traps/explosives before someone busts it open.
You carefully check the door for traps and, once you determine that there are none, wander back into the surgery  area as bullets start flying.

"Not my problem. No traps. Your fault."

Liberate Scotland.
"YOU CAN TAKE OUR LAND, BUT YOU CAN NEVER...wait a sec, we're prisoners so they did kind of take our freedom. Oh. Well, never mind guys, carry on."

Liberate Scotland.
Observe.

Think over the mission so far. Have there been any trends, other than people going loony and trying to slaughter eachother? Anything we can tell from the bodies, etc.

You watch may start to put blue face paint on her helmet, stop, think about things for a minute, and then sink into a deep depression.

As per trends in this particular mission: Corpses and a Lack of cooperation. Sums up Pretty much every mission really.

Continue being useless and following Milno around because you've been busy with real life for a while
You stick with milno, king of breathing.

Lars frowns, then sighs.  "Fine, fine."

Take picture of body with suit cameras.  Continue on with further exploration of the hospital, if there's any area besides what is blocked off.  Otherwise, wait for the wall to be breached.
You take a picture and then head off toward where everyone else is, gathered in the general Patient Sc area. You find Mesk sitting outside eating a piece of cake while bullets and debris hurl past just around the corner.

"Have we angered the gods again?"

"Yeah, guess so."

You sort of rock back and forth on your heels, uncomfortably.

"Do you think I should run in there, preaching and firing like a madman?"

"I wouldn't recommend it."

Rock rock rock

"But I really kinda want to."

Team D - Lukas (+Sambo) - Hospital Lobby

((Oh dear, I have too little time to read up on everything. I guess Lukas is still standing around in the hospital lobby and I read somewhere that I am granted with the great honor to also direct Sambo's actions.))

Lukas is still standing around in the lobby, feeling useless. He notices that Sambo is staring at him like a puppy waiting for Lukas to throw a stick. "Uhm...Sambo, maybe you should check up on the 'cap.' I've got nothing to do for you at the moment."

Sambo wanders off to assist Faith, while Lukas stays in the hospital lobby, shouting demotivating remarks at the rest of the team. Before Sambo wanders off, Lukas and Sambo do this: ignoring the fact that Sambo only has one arm.

You two do handshakes for so fucking long that nothing gets done. NOTHING GETS DONE!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11647 on: January 24, 2013, 01:10:45 pm »

("But I really kinda want to." Best line. XD And I'm not explaining that to Feyri, she can google it when we get back to the ship if she wants. :3)

"Bunch of assholes here as well," Jim sighed. After a moment to focus, he picked up the nearest non-Miyamoto - or non-teammate in general for that matter - heavy object he could find and chucked it at the hostiles.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11648 on: January 24, 2013, 01:20:37 pm »

Stacy, Team C DJ, Imaging Department.

Stacy slaps himself straight across the faceplate.

"Stay positive, Stacy! You are not getting shot! Eviscerated, yes. Infected, yes. But most definitely not shot! Well, not right now, anyway. Doesn't sound like the rest are having the same kind of luck, though!"

Get images from imaging. All the imaging images from imaging.

"I'm hearing fire and shooting. Does anyone need any help? I think I might be able to heat-slice somebody if you want me to. Or do you want a peaceful resolution of some kind?"
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 01:24:07 pm by Harry Baldman »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11649 on: January 24, 2013, 01:30:08 pm »

Team B: Lars, Chaplain

Despite the urge to charge, perhaps for now prayer, as always, is the best answer.

"O Ingram, guide the bullets of our soldiers to their fleshy destinations!  O Pathmas, may your favor be generally in our favor!  O Steve, may your light shine ever upon us!

Pray!  Also don't get shot because I have a peashooter and they have the real guns and armor suits and robot bodies et cetera
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #11650 on: January 24, 2013, 01:46:41 pm »

((serves me right for trying to get in first.))

"I seem to be on the ground" "yep" "Not good?" "nah"

"JUMPIN JESUS ON A POGO STICK THIS HURTS "remember kids, always look where you're going"
"I'm going to be needing our nearest equivelent of medic here!

attempt crawl to safety. When in relative safety, attempt to summon any leftover power from the timmy tear to heal me
"Don't you fail me now, tommy"

((does my mkII suit make it so I don't bleed out from my leg stump? or will I have to cauterize it?))
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 02:12:26 pm by Pancaek »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11651 on: January 24, 2013, 02:11:02 pm »

Over radio to everybody: "shit, we found the doctors and they don't like it. I need someone to grab Pancaek and drag him out NOW. Flint and Faith, you get him out of there, you guys are somewhat armored. Lucas, get in here and cover them please. Everybody else, get ready to engage, but not yet. I'll try to reason with them first.

Hang in there buddy, we'll get you outta here."

Go forward, blocking the view to the rest of the Team. Yell following at maximum speaker volume:

"Goddamnit, we are here to evacuate you! We won't kill you and there will be no repercussions. Just stop shooting, we have already evacuated the other floors. The disease has been contained. At least just listen to me."

If that doesn't do it, grab the nearest man by his shirt, hold him in front of me like a shield, and declare following:

"NOW YOU WILL FRAKKING LISTEN TO ME OR I'LL BREAK HIS SPINE AND USE IT TO STRANGLE YOU ALL. I WIlL KILL YOU ALL SLOWLY AND PAINFULLY IF YOU DON'T STOP SHOOTING NOW."
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 02:22:01 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11652 on: January 24, 2013, 02:22:07 pm »

((Then it hit me that the screaming, etc. comes out over the comms.))
"May, can we delay the uh... revolution a bit and try and help the guys who're being shot at?"
Cautiously approach the combat area. At arrival, try and scope up without being noticed, and prepare a shot. Don't fire yet.

Make sure outer speakers are off.

"Hey, what the hell happened?"
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 05:45:44 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11653 on: January 24, 2013, 02:53:28 pm »

Name:Flint - Team C - Hospital, Surgery

((For some reason I was 100% sure there was someone still alive in surgery. How was the door locked if there was no-one alive inside to lock it? Ow well, must have been aliens.))

Flint sighed."What did you do now Pancaek?"

Run to the squishy people getting shot and flamed as fast as possible. Protect the squishy people getting shot and flamed with my shield and even my body if I have to (injured get priority). Leave some room for Faith (or anyone else) to take the wounded to safety. EDIT: Jim also counts as squishy people.

@Faith: "Faith, I'm going to be the mobile cover. Can you help the wounded while I protect them?"
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 03:10:05 pm by Parisbre56 »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #11654 on: January 24, 2013, 03:52:32 pm »

"Don't you sass me-" pancaek gasps for air "-old man. I've had worse, but then I had magic to save the day. Right now, I'm depending on you. goddamnit, All I wanted to do was help out" "Well you sure fucked that up, now your team has even more trouble to deal with. Useless..."
Pages: 1 ... 775 776 [777] 778 779 ... 1256