Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 755 756 [757] 758 759 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3940754 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Bad With Children
« Reply #11340 on: January 12, 2013, 01:04:56 am »

"Got anything you want to say to these fine people, Pancaek?"

"Nah, they ain't hobos anyhow. And even if they were, we lost our good knife some time ago. Let's get to big spoon."
"Also, technically these people are all homeless now, but we don't have enough fuel for all of them.",They thought.
Follow stacy to Miyamoto, if we pass any of the survivors, attempt to amuse them by juggling spoons

'When you guys are done with that radio, you should start sweeping the lower half of the block. Somehow I doubt they'll come to us voluntarily, and even if they do, I'll wait here to intercept them. Be sure NOT to kill any survivors by the way, if they give you trouble just give a yell and I'll be over.'

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11341 on: January 12, 2013, 01:58:32 am »

Jim shrugged, although Simus wasn't there to see it. "I don't really know. Maybe he bought that Fibroblast Enhancement Therapy," he suggested.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11342 on: January 12, 2013, 02:14:08 am »

((Another of the HMRC's finest moments. :P))

Team D Leader Faith, D Block

Bishop shrugged and ignored the feeling like there was an angry outburst from a damaged piece of machinery somewhere that was put to good use.

"Faith, that's kinda gross and unsanitary too, not to mention the whole plague thing that's going on here.

Anyway, there's got to be a faster way of doing this than just going from door to door... Any ideas guys?"

"Well, if you have a better idea I'm all ears. As it stands it seems like either that or letting him bleed to death.

As for getting everyone out quicker, no," she said, glancing at the shot civilian, "At least not now that we've executed the only survivor we have found. We can try broadcasts, but they're probably not going to believe us at first.

Mind you, it's probably safe to split up, at least a little. Nobody in here is likely to be heavily armed, though they might still have something."

Start sweeping more houses, calling out for anyone that can hear me and assuring them I mean them no harm, aren't a Deeper, Police, or Doctor, and just want to evacuate them to the surface.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11343 on: January 12, 2013, 12:27:08 pm »

Team A

Will do, Jim.

If you don't mind me asking, what did Mesk get to give him such... extreme regenerative power?

Herd the shocked civilians onto the transport, then regroup with Jim and Mesk.

You get the civies into an APC and return to Jim and Mesk, who are still just standing around.

(XD That's the second time that PW just decided Jim was going to do that without any input from me. I'll own the first break, but the latter two are all on the GM. :P Still hilarious though.

@Pyro: That's probably a safe bet. >.>)

Jim patted Mesk on the shoulder lightly. "I don't know when the next time we can get 'real food' would be, but if on a future mission I find something I'll bring it back for ya. Now, let's keep looking." With that, Jim moved another street over and continued sweeping for survivors. To Simus, he said, "He's already up and walking around. We're going to keep looking for survivors; meet up with us when you can."

Once Simus rejoins you, Team A continues it's walk abouts. You don't find anyone off in any of the streets farther to the right.

Team B

Kanye West.
"I'm gonna let you finish, But Ivan had one of the best team kills of all time."

WAit for the elevator!

"Hey, May? Uh... Can I tell you something real quick?"

Engage wait mode. Jeopardy music on repeat.

Team C

((That was awesome.))
Name:Flint - Team C - Housing block C

Well, at least it's having fun. I hope. With a possibly alien drug. Yes, fun.

Wait for the child to become non-tripping. Ask command:"Command, what's going to happen to these children once we get them out of here? What's going to happen to the orphans?" ((Cue puppie eyes and sad violin.))

Flint couldn't help the child; he sucked at helping people (directly at least) that thing was certain. But perhaps he could persuade command to take care of it. Even a UWM goon must have some humanity left in him, enough to help a poor helpless orphan.

The kid seems either to come out of it and fall asleep or maybe he just passed out, but now he's quiet and not moving but still alive. Ah, the perfect configuration for a rescue!

Stacy, Team C Crazy DJ, In Radio Room.

Stacy believes his work is done here. These people. Are. Enlightened.

Leave if he doesn't, assist him if he does. Either way, get to Miyamoto after the business is done.

"Nah, they ain't hobos anyhow. And even if they were, we lost our good knife some time ago. Let's get to big spoon."
"Also, technically these people are all homeless now, but we don't have enough fuel for all of them.",They thought.
Follow stacy to Miyamoto, if we pass any of the survivors, attempt to amuse them by juggling spoons

Stacy and Pancaek return to Miyamoto and wait as, slowly, small groups of survivors begin to filter in from the unknown parts of the block. They regard the assembled HMRC forces with a mix of confusion, fear, and mild relief before boarding the APC's.

Team D

((Another of the HMRC's finest moments. :P))

Team D Leader Faith, D Block

Bishop shrugged and ignored the feeling like there was an angry outburst from a damaged piece of machinery somewhere that was put to good use.

"Faith, that's kinda gross and unsanitary too, not to mention the whole plague thing that's going on here.

Anyway, there's got to be a faster way of doing this than just going from door to door... Any ideas guys?"

"Well, if you have a better idea I'm all ears. As it stands it seems like either that or letting him bleed to death.

As for getting everyone out quicker, no," she said, glancing at the shot civilian, "At least not now that we've executed the only survivor we have found. We can try broadcasts, but they're probably not going to believe us at first.

Mind you, it's probably safe to split up, at least a little. Nobody in here is likely to be heavily armed, though they might still have something."

Start sweeping more houses, calling out for anyone that can hear me and assuring them I mean them no harm, aren't a Deeper, Police, or Doctor, and just want to evacuate them to the surface.

You sweep a good dozen houses but find no one; everything is utterly quiet and every house seems to have either had most of it's belongings taken or has been mothballed, everything carefully packed in boxes and neatly stacked. How odd.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11344 on: January 12, 2013, 12:39:06 pm »

Stacy, Team C Physimancer, Entrance to Block C.

Stacy raises his arms in the air.

"I salute you, true believers! You have shown faith in your fellow man, and one of you shall be rewarded for this!"

Stop one of the people leaving and hand him or her a spoon and a pan.

"Congratulations! You've won the prize! Here you go, a spoon and pan to guard you from harm! Make sure to sharpen either or both as soon as possible, as you might need it! You may call it paranoia, but I only call it good sense! What's your name, by the way? And maybe there is something in particular you'd like recovered, destroyed or hidden in these ruins? Tell me, and I will do my absolute best to perform your request."

Ask them, remember the name and send them on their way. Sing along with Flint to Miyamoto.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 03:38:49 pm by Harry Baldman »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11345 on: January 12, 2013, 01:18:18 pm »

Name:Flint/"Heroic" rescuer - Team C - Housing block C

Command didn't give a damn about these children. But there was nothing else he could do. Leaving the child here would mean certain death.

Gently deposit the child in an APC. Try to look heroic while making my way there in order to show these people that we're the good guys (yeah, right). Apologize and give life advice.

Flint whispered to the child as he let it in the APC: "I'm sorry kid. I hope your future treats you better than your past. And that when you grow up you will forgive me. Don't dwell on the past. I know that it sounds impossible right now, but try to find happiness. And when you find it grab onto it and don't let go..." For all his speeches and acts, he could not think what else to say to the child except the truth. After some more thought he added: "Oh! And don't do drugs. They are bad for you. You should know that by know." A failed actor, a general failure, an HMRC convict giving life advice. Now that's just crazy.

EDIT:Get someone to take care of the child, either evacuee or APC driver if I have access to him. Sing a bit for Miyamoto.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 03:13:56 pm by Parisbre56 »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11346 on: January 12, 2013, 01:23:27 pm »

"Hmm. Let's try the streets on the left side of the block, then." Jim headed to the street one left of the one his team started the block on and looked for survivors.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11347 on: January 12, 2013, 01:41:06 pm »

http://www.justin.tv/piecewise666#/w/4557456592

After a long absence, we be broadcasting again

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11348 on: January 12, 2013, 02:57:17 pm »

Go to the person Stacy is talking to, add this before he leaves:
'Erm, yeah, don't mind them. It's been a very long day, forgive them for goofing off like that. Anyway, is there any leader among your group? 'Cause I need to make absolutely sure that everybody is here and boards those APC's.

Ask this to whoever that person points me to:
'Hey there, thanks for co-operating. Now, could you please appoint a few off your people to doublecheck this block and make sure everybody is here?

Oi, Flint, glad to see you got that kid. Make sure you get one of these people to look after it. By the way, how did it get asleep?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11349 on: January 12, 2013, 03:13:53 pm »

Oi, Flint, glad to see you got that kid. Make sure you get one of these people to look after it.
"Good idea boss, I'll do that."
By the way, how did it get asleep?
"I... erm... Oh, I sung a lullaby to it. Yes that's it. I can do that. I know lullabies. And I sing. Yeah. I'm a great singer. And you know what they say, good singing calms all beasts or something like that. Here, let me sing something for you."

Action edited.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 03:23:25 pm by Parisbre56 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11350 on: January 12, 2013, 03:15:14 pm »

'Erm, yeah, don't mind them. It's been a very long day, forgive them for goofing off like that. Anyway, is there any leader among your group? 'Cause I need to make absolutely sure that everybody is here and boards those APC's.

"Ahem, I did promise a prize for one of them, you realize. It would be dishonest not to provide one. And if there's one thing I most definitely am, it's honest. Fatally so."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11351 on: January 12, 2013, 03:30:18 pm »

"Ahem, I did promise a prize for one of them, you realize. It would be dishonest not to provide one. And if there's one thing I most definitely am, it's honest. Fatally so."

'Well, sure, but look at it from their point of view. First, a horrible disease breaks out, starts killing people messily.  Then, doctors start torching the place, riots, the whole shebang. Finally, when desperation and starvation starts setting in, we barge in here, demand they come with us on penalty of death. And then you give them...
A spoon.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #11352 on: January 12, 2013, 03:40:53 pm »

'Well, sure, but look at it from their point of view. First, a horrible disease breaks out, starts killing people messily.  Then, doctors start torching the place, riots, the whole shebang. Finally, when desperation and starvation starts setting in, we barge in here, demand they come with us on penalty of death. And then you give them...
A spoon.

"I agree with big spoon. Spoons are a nice gift, but for delicate occasions like a small scale exodus I've always felt knives are better. The sharp edge of the knife stands as symbol for the pain of separation from their homes while the knife itself, as a handy tool with many uses, stand symbol for the many different paths the victims lives can take afterwards."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11353 on: January 12, 2013, 03:44:34 pm »

A spoon.

On private channel to Miyamoto and Pancaek: "Hey, I also gave them the opportunity to choose an object for me to find, recover, destroy or hide from sight. And you shouldn't knock our team's symbol. It is no ordinary symbol, after all. It is a symbol of hope, a symbol of life. Also a good shiv, should the need arise. I get the feeling that where they're going, they will need all the hope and shivs they can get."

"I agree with big spoon. Spoons are a nice gift, but for delicate occasions like a small scale exodus I've always felt knives are better. The sharp edge of the knife stands as symbol for the pain of separation from their homes while the knife itself, as a handy tool with many uses, stand symbol for the many different paths the victims lives can take afterwards."

"Well, I also wanted to give the lucky winner my set of knives at first, but then I realized they might try to stab me with them. And that would be bad."

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #11354 on: January 12, 2013, 06:08:54 pm »

Follow along with the group (Team D), not really doing anything, just ending up where they go.

((Trying to make it to the elevator without injuring myself again.))
It's a game. Have fun.
Pages: 1 ... 755 756 [757] 758 759 ... 1256