Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 727 728 [729] 730 731 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3943873 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Death and Butts
« Reply #10920 on: December 17, 2012, 05:26:18 am »

"I considered making you guess the colors as well, but that would probably be taking it a bit too far. Yes, an arrangement of roses, mostly pink and deep pink with a few red and white in the mix. I believe that makes it your turn, unless you want to pass to someone else?"

(Just for fun, people can do some research and find out for themselves why Jim was specific about the colors. :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #10921 on: December 17, 2012, 05:27:47 am »

((Botany, I love you. I won't spoil it :P))

Feyri Nirel ; Team C Mercenary, First floor - Prison.

Feyri switched her comms to that private channel - only those who could hear nearby would intercept. The frequency of the radio was shifted to a very short range, hopefully no transmitters were still in place for only two squads of HMRC personnel would hear it.

"Death by gunshot wound, probably one of the smaller firearms. Side-arm, prison guard. Presence of blunt weapon trauma judging by the blood spatters.

"Well, we know what caused all this ruckus, but now the main reason awaits. Why does command want us to clear these levels when all we've seen is civilian-grade weaponry? The cause is the king, the governor and his offspring, but why? Must there be a science lab the lower levels are keeping in...or does command just feed us these maps as we go down each level?!

"...I'm really wondering where they keep their Miner codes or their main department is here."

Search for any symbols on the walls, or any signs or maps of the lower levels, any recorded information in the prison other than electronic methods.

Then join Jim, or if we're still stuck to protocol, Miyamoto.

"I wonder how they grow things here...how are the people still alive after, oh, two months?"

Spoiler: Team C and D (click to show/hide)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10922 on: December 17, 2012, 05:40:27 am »

((Hm... hard to say, opinions on rose color meanings tend to vary somewhat... but I'm guessing admiration with either a bit of love and purity or, I guess one place claimed red+white=unity?))

"Oh, so it would be. Hm... alright, I've got something."

She then switched over to respond to Feyri.

"Yeah, still not sure why they wanted us. I mean, it makes some sense that they'd just be saying eh, screw it, we don't want to do this, send in the expendable criminals, but I really don't know how common that sort of reasoning would be, or why they'd claim they needed us to reinforce when they actually needed us to do their jobs.

I wouldn't jump to conclusions just based on that, though. They're probably feeding us maps one at a time because they want us focused and they're slaves to regulation.

As for how they grow things, you saw the artificial sunlights in the farming room, didn't you? They probably have them anyplace they'd like plants, possibly anyplace period to give people some extra sunlight. Not getting enough isn't particularly healthy for you. Dunno about food."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #10923 on: December 17, 2012, 06:08:14 am »

Name:Flint - Team C

"We're here because not even the most well armed and armored soldier can withstand an ambush with high explosives and mining lasers. We're human minesweepers."

"And about the thing we're guessing about, is it bigger then a battlesuit?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10924 on: December 17, 2012, 08:52:14 am »

"We're here because not even the most well armed and armored soldier can withstand an ambush with high explosives and mining lasers. We're human minesweepers."

"If somebody asked me, I'd say that's the reason as well. Dang miners could slice a man clean in half with those industrial lasers, plus that Aster-Ex is real nasty stuff from what we've seen at the police department. Why risk the lives of paid officers and stuff when you can just get a bunch of disposable convicts to do the job for you? Once we're done here, they just need to send off the survivors we picked up, doubtlessly to find out how exactly they survived this deadly plague, probably through very invasive, painful and possibly equally deadly procedures, then fill out tons upon tons of paperwork signifying that they did indeed secure the complex. Sounds reasonable to me."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #10925 on: December 17, 2012, 01:02:58 pm »

"human minesweepers, eh? I can think of worse gigs"

follow team and look where I'm stepping to avoid any mines, tripwires or dog poop.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10926 on: December 17, 2012, 01:17:57 pm »

((You forgot waste of human origin. Everyone always does. They shouldn't.))
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 02:43:20 pm by Harry Baldman »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #10927 on: December 17, 2012, 02:52:22 pm »

((It's just that I don't expect any waste of human origin here. I mean, riots and plagues be damned, you should never have to poop on the ground.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10928 on: December 17, 2012, 02:57:03 pm »

((It's just that I don't expect any waste of human origin here. I mean, riots and plagues be damned, you should never have to poop on the ground.))

((These are the times we live in, unfortunately. You can never be too safe.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #10929 on: December 17, 2012, 02:58:21 pm »

Ok. Looks like everyone is about ready to go so:

>Sambo: You find nothing that looks like a way into a basement, despite all your rage against the floor.

>Lukas: You bring door with you. Because Why not.

> Feyri: You see there are security cameras in prison but can't find anywhere in the prison itself where the feed from them is going to. You guess that it probably fed back to the Police station and more then likely doesn't exist anymore.

>TEAM EVERYONE:

This level done, you head off to the elevator and pile on. Sambo immediately punches the button and you all begin to descend while Command streams you a new map and instructions.

"The below area is the Housing blocks. There are 4 blocks, A, b,c and d. A team is to search A, B team, B, etc. The housing blocks will be large and contain many home residences. Breach and clear. Eliminate hostiles, take civilians into custody and move on. Don't get sloppy, don't waste time."

The elevator stops in a circular room. There are 8 doors, two on each of the cardinal directions. To the north is A block, east is C, south is B and West is D. All the doors are closed. Scattered around the entrance to B block are what look to be spent gauss weapon magazines, and near the doors to C is a body, half burnt, wearing whats left of a bio-hazard suit.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #10930 on: December 17, 2012, 03:09:18 pm »

Examine the body., then proceed with the team into Block A.

I think it was block B that had crackdowns going on at some point?
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10931 on: December 17, 2012, 03:28:53 pm »

Stacy, Team C Garlicman, Elevator.

"Plenty of places from which to get shot at, seems like. Well, after you, Big Spoon."

Follow behind Miyamoto. Be very, very quiet and unassuming, but watchful. More watchful than any have been before.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10932 on: December 17, 2012, 03:29:49 pm »

[Team B Sniper: Thomas: Elevator]
Upon hearing Simus, Thomas swallows drily. He frowns nervously and shifts on his feet.
"Oh. Let's be careful then?"
Use the heat detecting lenses to try and get a peek into B block before entering. Relay the information about any located life forms to the rest of team B. If hostilities commence when we enter, open fire.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #10933 on: December 17, 2012, 03:43:01 pm »

Name:Flint/Deeper Scum - Team C - Main Elevator

"Triangles? Who the hell designed this place? What happened to good old squares? Young people these days, always want to do things as difficult as possible..."

Check the body for weapons or info. Follow the team. Stay in the rear so that a) I'm not the first to be seen b) so that I can check our rear for ambushes. If ordered something else by Miyamoto do that instead.

"Do you think we should split up to cover both corridors?"
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 04:04:56 pm by Parisbre56 »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #10934 on: December 17, 2012, 03:54:41 pm »

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

"Yeah, I'm already lost."
Wait for door breach, then enter after the area beyond has been cleared.
Pages: 1 ... 727 728 [729] 730 731 ... 1256