Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 654 655 [656] 657 658 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3945055 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Civilians killed:0 (!)
« Reply #9825 on: November 27, 2012, 06:39:48 pm »

((By the way, I've been thinking for a good name for my suit. Right now, I think I'm gonna call it Gilgamesh. Anyone got any other suggestions?))
((Depends on what you're going for. Gilgamesh sounds pretty classy.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9826 on: November 27, 2012, 07:00:19 pm »

((Dibs on Goliath.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9827 on: November 27, 2012, 09:13:16 pm »

((By the way, I've been thinking for a good name for my suit. Right now, I think I'm gonna call it Gilgamesh. Anyone got any other suggestions?))
((Well, if we are to think in that vein, I would suggest naming it after king Arthur or your favourite knight of his. In the sense of wishing the suit to be endowed with the virtue that particular person embodies, I mean. ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9828 on: November 27, 2012, 09:23:14 pm »

((Well, if we are to think in that vein, I would suggest naming it after king Arthur or your favourite knight of his. In the sense of wishing the suit to be endowed with the virtue that particular person embodies, I mean. ))
((Brave Sir Robin!))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9829 on: November 27, 2012, 09:58:17 pm »

"Okay, Oxygen is sealed as best as I can get it, what with the doors bent out of shape from Lukas. It's a lot harder to get in there now."

Drag anyone who is lagging behind with me to Farming, and then investigate the whole place. Take a moment to zip up onto the rafters and cut down the corpses hanging from there too.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #9830 on: November 27, 2012, 11:37:22 pm »

"Internal rioting doesn't explain what we saw in the upper levels...."

"That is true, I suppose. Then again, we don't know the internal politics of this place either. Maybe three or so miners broke away from a main group of some kind and decided to guard the supplies in the upper storage areas with lethal force? Once again, we have no idea who the people up there even are, let alone how they are related to the people down below. Plus there's about five floors' worth of clues left to find, so I suppose we'll ascertain what's what when we get there."

"What I mean is, based on what I see - the bodies here in Water Production have died by starvation, given the trash and...refuse around. They were sealed in, with word "For the Greater Good" marked on the door. My inference speaks that they were uninfected (if we're going by that tangent) or kept in a safe place as they knew a rescue force was coming. It would be stupid to seal in people with no way of escape...and obviously the ones inside would notice people melding a door like that. It wasn't a cutting torch, as what I know.

"Hey, who wants to bet? I say two more floors until we gain enough tangible evidence to spot what did this."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9831 on: November 28, 2012, 12:09:51 am »

Team A

Jim leads the survivors back toward where the APCs will meet them.
Inquire of the civvie "leader":

You wouldn't happen to know what went down in Farming and Food Supply, would you?

((Why do I have the feeling that the governor of whoever he asked if we were here for and what happened in there are related?))

[Team A: Bruce]
"Wait up guys."
Unblock Milno, follow A stay at back of group.

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

Assist in herding the people back to the APC.  Check for injuries that look like they need immediate attention.

Team A forms a loose line down the hall, directing the scattered masses to the APC's. They're haunting things, skeletons with loose skin caught in garish multicolored light, shuffling forward with their few belongings, draped in brightly colored uniforms and staring out with darkened eyes and opened mouths. They stream out in a weak line from both the main path and the alleys to either side; there are dozens of them, more then a hundred. As they pass Simus waves over the man she talked to and asks him about Farming and Food production.

"I wasn't there." He says, watching the people walk down the hall, "But It was during the riots. See, me and these people were workers up here in Ent-dis; We lived here, not down in the Housing blocks. When the Red Cough started to get bad we decided to close ourselves off. Gov-sec didn't like that, thought we were overstepping our authority. Shut down our power."

He gestures at the lights strewn around.

"Just personal generators powering these. We've kept mostly to ourselves since then. Even looters will learn to leave you alone if you shoot enough of them." He looks off into the darkness, "And we did.  But from what I've heard the Engineers banded together to try and keep the colonies basic systems going: water, air, food, you know. Very noble and lots of people were with them on that. At first. But as time went on the rations started getting smaller; we weren't extracting as much water so the harvests were getting smaller. Eventually that and everything else lead to the riots and...well Engineers were the ones enforcing the rations so," He shrugs,  "Anger fell on them as it did on Gov-sec. I hear that in the fighting someone set the whole place on fire with a laser rifle they got from who knows where." He smiles, sadly, "Irony." 

He's quiet for  long while before suddenly asking, "You got a blue smoke?"

Team B

[Team B Leader=Milno=Entertainment District]

Milno just moves on.
"Team B, do not advance much. Take a few looks around through windows to make sure those are all the civilians around here, but do not step into the buildings. Never know when you might spring a trap."

Advance cautiously, taking peeks inside the buildings with the motion sensor online.

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)

"Yes, glorious leader!"

Advance cautiously as well, checking the other side of the corridor.

[Team B Sniper:Thomas:Entertainment District.]
Help Explore the area. Follow Milnos orders.

"I suppose I should say thanks for the vote of confidence.", Kyle replied.

Keep an eye out for anyone who randomly wants to kill us. Also keep an eye out for the more likely scenario of teammates randomly wanting to kill innocents.

Team B advances down the main lane, ignoring the alleys for the moment. Most stores are almost eerily untouched, bakeries and the like have been raided but clothing stores, movie theaters, brothels, jewelery; all of it is simply abandoned. Occasionally the team ducks into a larger building; carefully sweeping the tight and shadowed apartments above storefronts, behind concession stands and through back rooms, in the cramped movie archives of the theater and the individual rooms of the brothel with their ceiling mounted mirrors, red paint and sticky floors.  They find nothing they do not expect, simply the exposed viscera of daily life: dirty dishes and laundry, clutter of all kinds and the rare data pad someone left behind. No books; physical books were a luxury in a place like this and these people were obviously not rich.

The main lane, beyond a few stragglers still leaving, appears clear.

Team C

Miyamoto, Team C leader, Trading Storage
Spoiler: Team C (click to show/hide)

Check the room for anything interesting (civilians, equipment, etc.). If nothing is found, go over to the Storage elevator and check if it's in working order.

Over command channel: 'Miyamoto here, almost done sweeping our parts. Gonna check if the storage elevator is working, never know if we might need it in the future. How are things on your side?'

Stacy, Team C Physimancer, Trading Storage.

"Trading Storage - looted. Moving on!"

Look around for any signs of life. Say, an ambush, explosive trap or something. Head to Storage Elevator hallway door. Does it have a radiation warning flashing? Is it open?

"I wonder why the looted all these containers for food. I mean, didn't command say they were self-sufficient and self-governing? Now that I think about it, why have food in here at all? Except if they were exporting it."

"They probably did it because they murdered anyone competent enough to run the self-sufficient systems, like the guys in Water Production. Hey, an idiot's got to do what an idiot's got to do. You can hardly expect reason from a bunch of rioting animals."

Team C - Feyri Nirel ; Armored Mercenary ; Water Production

"Internal rioting doesn't explain what we saw in the upper levels...."

Examine the area for any signs of pathological effects on bodies.

Name:Flint/Bloody Miner - Team C - Trade Storage

"Well, this looks empty. Hey guys, do you think one of us should move to the freight elevator and go up to check sterilization out once we are finished here?"

Check around for bodies. (They seem to be part of the decor around here.) Go check out the door to the freight elevator.

"I wonder why the looted all these containers for food. I mean, didn't command say they were self-sufficient and self-governing? Now that I think about it, why have food in here at all? Except if they were exporting it."

Feyri, alone, checks the bodies and the area one more time. They have no signs of illness, at least no obvious ones, no bleeding from their mouths, no hemorrhages that she can see. Their environment betrays no sign of mental or physical effects either; their possessions and trash are not scattered about, their latrine is as sanitary as one can expect and there is no damage to the room around them. They appear simply to have starved.

While she works the rest of the team checks through Trade storage, looking for anything amiss. They find a few bodies amongst the debris, but they are scattered and few in number, much like the storage room above. And their bodies seem to have sustained the same injuries: Crude beating and bludgeoning, attacks of an unorganized and mostly unarmed aggressor that may not even have intended to kill. The team continues to the storage elevator. It's lowered to this level and looks undamaged, save for the smashed control panel. It looks like someone didn't want people using this elevator.

Team D

Team D Leader Faith, Farming and Food Production

Faith let out another exasperated sigh.

"Yeah, Farming and Food Production is definitely where everything went to hell. Or at least, a lot of it went to hell. They apparently murdered everyone and then burned down their own food supply.

God damn it."

Begin advancing cautiously towards the scorched buildings.

Team D, Jobasio; Farming and Food Production.

Jobasio hurried forwards once the others reached the farming area, speed-walking whilst keeping a secure grip on his gauss rifle.
"So, what have we..." He had done a good job of keeping any emotions hidden so far, but his steps faltered as he entered the room and saw what lay within. "What have... Oh..." His eyes took in the mangled bodies strewn casually about in the filth, they took in the dead hanging from the ceiling, they took in the sheer senseless destruction, and he had to fight down an urge to retch.

He squinted his eyes shut for a moment, patting the barrel of his gauss rifle like a favoured pet to distract his mind from the sight. Only after taking a moment to pull himself together did he move forwards to join Faith and Lukas.
When he spoke, he kept his voice carefully neutral.

"...You know, I'm starting to wonder whether we really need to spare the ones who did this. Ugh."

>Spread out, advance with Faith towards the buildings. Try not to step on the bodies, and keep an eye out for the slightest non-friendly movement.

"Okay, Oxygen is sealed as best as I can get it, what with the doors bent out of shape from Lukas. It's a lot harder to get in there now."

Drag anyone who is lagging behind with me to Farming, and then investigate the whole place. Take a moment to zip up onto the rafters and cut down the corpses hanging from there too.

Faith and the rest of the team, minus Bishop begin trekking across the ashen fields toward the burnt building on it's periphery. It's a long walk, and not an easy one through soft soil and ash, but they make it in good time and begin looking around. The buildings look to be processing centers where the bounty of the fields was made ready for consumption. They've all been raided and most burned, but there is enough left to tell their purpose: a packaging building with boxing machine and plastic shrink wrapping equipment, Machines to separate corn from cob and rind from fruit, to de-seed or de-skin or mash or juice or slice or dice whatever produce came from the fields. There are also what look like slaughter houses, smaller in scale with adjoining pasture land or some such thing. It's impossible to tell what they raised though: The pastures have been stripped clean along with the buildings themselves. There are bodies scattered around, most in green overalls, but others in normal clothing. Some have been shot, some stabbed, others beaten and torn apart. The blood and the bodies paint a frenzied scene. A mob and a melee, a desperate and reckless looting of this place while they trampled its workers.

Bishop, in the mean time, flies to the rafters and begins cutting the hanging bodies down, snapping the ropes with his exoskeleton aided hands and then lowering the bodies to the ground below one at a time, laying them out beside each other in a line. Only after they've been laid out like this does he realize just how many bodies there are.

(Everyone ok with this style of response or should I go back to individual replies to each post?)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #9832 on: November 28, 2012, 12:25:22 am »

((I love it. Helps organization. Loads.))

Team C - Feyri Nirel ; Armored Mercenary ; Water Production

"Alright, no sign of any aftereffects of disease. All normal biological symptoms of response to any wound. They've kept their latrine sanitary...So I'm really guessing starvation. There are no superficial wounds.

"What's your find, team? Hows the elevator? Shall we head down now?"

[/quote]

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9833 on: November 28, 2012, 12:32:01 am »

Stacy, Team C Physimancer, Near Storage Elevator.

"Anybody got the know-how to fix this here panel? I'd rather not melt through this door just yet, considering that there might be all kinds of crazy things up there."

Wait for one of the people to fix the panel. If they can't and Miyamoto doesn't bash in the door, melt-cut Standard Entrance Hole (circular, three foot radius) in the door.

((I like the new style. The lack of "You keep following so-and-so" posts really helps to concentrate on the whole situation.))
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 05:05:06 pm by Harry Baldman »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #9834 on: November 28, 2012, 12:33:30 am »

(The new style is great.)

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

Mesk looks over at the leader of the group after he's finished checking their injuries.  "Is this everyone that was in ent-dis?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Choosing teams
« Reply #9835 on: November 28, 2012, 12:55:18 am »

((New style works very well.

[Team B Leader=Milno=Entertainment District]

"Let's check the alleys. Kyle, stay in the main lane to provide cover and warn us of any trouble heading your way or ours since your cyborg body is resilient and you have a manipulator. The rest of the team, with me."

Start to check the alleys, starting with the right side.

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 12:57:30 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9836 on: November 28, 2012, 02:01:48 am »

((New style is great, makes the whole thing much more like a story. That's how
I always viewed this thing anyway: PW is the storyteller and we are it's characters.))

Check if the panel is repairable, or if at least it could be used to operate the lift somewhat. Make sure no-one is standing on the elevator while doing so.

((Brave Sir Robin!))

((This made me giggle way too much. Probably because my actual name is Robin, and I do love a funny coincidence.

And thanks for the suggestions people, but I think I'll stay with Gilgamesh. Always liked both the name and the story behind it. Now I just need to find my Enkidu, and I'm set.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9837 on: November 28, 2012, 02:06:26 am »

Jobasio tore his gaze from the dead scattered across the floor and went over to the nearest section of machinery.
"So... Shall we see if any of this works, then?" He mumbled, more to the gauss rifle cradled in his arms than anyone else, and reached for the controls.

>Press buttons to determine if any of the nearest machinery is still functional, also to take my mind off the harrowing sight of all those corpses. Scan the surroundings for any signs of life within the wreckage, there could be people hiding within the buildings, perhaps.

((New version is alright I guess. I am just generally terrified by change, so ignore me. :P))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9838 on: November 28, 2012, 02:14:59 am »

((I agree, the new style makes it so much easier to visualise what's going on with this many people.))

After he was done lowering the last body, Bishop drops down to the ground with a burst of exhaust, looking along the line of bodies.

"There's just... so many... Oooh, this brings back memories...

What do we do with them? Do we leave them here or something?"

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #9839 on: November 28, 2012, 03:09:46 am »

((New style is great))

Team B - Lukas - Food production

"Slaughter houses? That can't be good."

Lukas satisfies his curiosity by checking out one of the slaughterhouses.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.
Pages: 1 ... 654 655 [656] 657 658 ... 1256