Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 572 573 [574] 575 576 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3945242 times)

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 7: A storm is coming.
« Reply #8595 on: October 29, 2012, 03:30:35 pm »

"Hi."

Try to hover.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8596 on: October 29, 2012, 03:59:56 pm »

Roger waits.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #8597 on: October 29, 2012, 05:58:08 pm »

"I don't like this. Logos? knowledge? That is NOT a warm and cuddly name."

grab one of my spoons and try put myself in a meditive state, breaking my mind into two. One piece to stay here, the other to link with Miyamoto trough the spoon I gave him earlier.

"Into to state of stone, then into two halves. Each apart, yet part of the whole, just like I practiced"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #8598 on: October 29, 2012, 07:37:22 pm »

'Ok guys, I think I should go. Just make sure not to damage anything while I'm away, ok?'

Go to the floor above this one. Observe the room once I get in.
You ride the elevator up to the floor above and enter the room. It's completely dark inside and as you step in the doors shut tight behind you, plunging you into total darkness. 

"You say you are here from lands beyond this world." A voice echoes around you in the darkness, though you can't tell from where. "The other worlds of man vanished long before I was born, but I have seen men like you recently, men different from my kin. Men who also spoke of other worlds. Or cried for them as they perished.  Tell me, offworlder, why have you chosen now to return to us?"

"Hi."

Try to hover.

You cannot hover. You're not even really sure what compelled you to try.

Roger waits.
You waits.

"I don't like this. Logos? knowledge? That is NOT a warm and cuddly name."

grab one of my spoons and try put myself in a meditive state, breaking my mind into two. One piece to stay here, the other to link with Miyamoto trough the spoon I gave him earlier.

"Into to state of stone, then into two halves. Each apart, yet part of the whole, just like I practiced"

You attempt to do this but it proves impossible. Darn your lack of spoon based space magic!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8599 on: October 29, 2012, 07:46:01 pm »

Wait and wonder what the rest of the group is doing.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8600 on: October 29, 2012, 10:07:40 pm »

Bishop was feeling distinctly paranoid about this whole situation. He couldn't tell exactly where the sensors were for this system, and doutless they were everywhere inside the structure. He needed to get his mind off it somehow, perhaps the computer might reveal more information.

"What are you called? What tests are you running exactly, and for what purpose? What purpose do you serve?"

Ask and maybe it will answer?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8601 on: October 30, 2012, 02:01:59 am »

'Because that was the task given to me and my companions. We were sent here to investigate, because humanity has started reclaiming the galaxy, and would very much like to know what happened to the humans that lived here before us. No doubt we look and talk very strange, seeing how our cultures were separated for so long.

Now, would you be so kind as to tell me what the purpose is of this facility? Who built it, and who are you, exactly?'

Say above. Use light amp, or flashlight if the former proves insufficient, and look around.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8602 on: October 30, 2012, 02:45:48 am »

Look around for some tools, if I can't find any try to pry a panel off the computer without damaging the computer.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8603 on: October 30, 2012, 11:07:26 am »

Look around for some tools, if I can't find any try to pry a panel off the computer without damaging the computer.

((We are making contact with a vast, potentially hostile AI with a literal army of murderbots at its disposal, and you want to break into their computer?

Yeah, sounds legit. ))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8604 on: October 30, 2012, 11:16:22 am »

(( Hey talking to a computer is boring gotta do something to get the murder and maiming excitement back. ))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8605 on: October 30, 2012, 11:35:34 am »

((No. No murder and maiming. Kill each other on the ship.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8606 on: October 30, 2012, 11:37:39 am »

PTW.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #8607 on: October 30, 2012, 12:37:13 pm »

"Well...shit...I thought that was gonna work"

Look over to the schmuck grabbing tools

"And what, pray tell, are we thinking of doing with those tools? If you get any badong ideas, someone or something might get skittish and do rash things"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #8608 on: October 30, 2012, 03:07:54 pm »

Wait and wonder what the rest of the group is doing.
You sit down and wonder what everyone is doing. Probably talking to giant computers or something silly.

Bishop was feeling distinctly paranoid about this whole situation. He couldn't tell exactly where the sensors were for this system, and doutless they were everywhere inside the structure. He needed to get his mind off it somehow, perhaps the computer might reveal more information.

"What are you called? What tests are you running exactly, and for what purpose? What purpose do you serve?"

Ask and maybe it will answer?
"We have no names. We have been given the task to create three three servants for our makers, a builder, a demolisher and a guardsman."

'Because that was the task given to me and my companions. We were sent here to investigate, because humanity has started reclaiming the galaxy, and would very much like to know what happened to the humans that lived here before us. No doubt we look and talk very strange, seeing how our cultures were separated for so long.

Now, would you be so kind as to tell me what the purpose is of this facility? Who built it, and who are you, exactly?'

Say above. Use light amp, or flashlight if the former proves insufficient, and look around.
You activate your lamp and look around. The room is full of similar computers to the ones you saw before, however there's something different in the center of the room. It looks like a throne or chair at the center of countless cords and wires. Upon that chair is a man, or what used to be a man; a shriveled, dehydrated husk, mummified by countless years.

"My eyes do not see beyond this place. If something has happened to my world I do not know."

There is a long pause.

"This place is just a research installation. A controlled system for testing robot designs."
He pauses again.

"It appears one of your order has attacked my installation. How foolish of him."

There aren't any tools around so you just decide to take a page from doomguy's book and RIP AND TEAR!

[str:6]
[aux:3+1]
You grab part of the computer's paneling and rip it off with your bare hands, exposing the inner bits.

"Well...shit...I thought that was gonna work"

Look over to the schmuck grabbing tools

"And what, pray tell, are we thinking of doing with those tools? If you get any badong ideas, someone or something might get skittish and do rash things"

The guy with the lack of tools just tore a big hunk out of one of the computers. Aw jeez.  You lay down, hands on your head, and start screaming "HE'S NOT WITH US! HE"S JUST SOME CRAZY MAN WHO FOLLOWED US HERE! NOT THE FACE!"

A sound echos from the elevator shaft, the sound of something screaming down the shaft at a rather terrifying speed.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8609 on: October 30, 2012, 03:09:48 pm »

((That should help Faith's wager.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 572 573 [574] 575 576 ... 1256