Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 560 561 [562] 563 564 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3946295 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 7:Playing with fire
« Reply #8415 on: October 18, 2012, 11:57:45 pm »

Keep heading to the objective.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8416 on: October 18, 2012, 11:59:02 pm »

Brace the rifle and shoot the little robot the moment it comes into sight.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8417 on: October 19, 2012, 12:19:25 am »

"Aha! I thought as much!"

Bishop waved off the shoulder rubbing and at the idiots talking about using each other as lightning rods.

"Look closely at the outside of the buildings. They are covered in a mesh of wires. It's a Faraday cage! If we could cut away enough of this mesh and shape it into a shelter of some kind, we could use that to get through the cloud!

Roger, your kit should have some mechanical tools we could use. If we use those and my cutter, maybe I could make something."

Use my cutter and the tools out of Rogers kit to give a test try on making a personal Faraday cage out of the wires on the buildings and some re-bar. Make sure to include handles on the inside!

((At last! A use for my profession in the field!))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8418 on: October 19, 2012, 12:34:16 am »

((Hey, I used my handiwork in the field. And I suspect your may turn out to have a similar ending.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8419 on: October 19, 2012, 12:50:18 am »

'Dude, we were kidding, relax man.

Now, I agree with your plan, but be careful when cutting that mesh out of the building. It runs over the whole of the building, and I'd hate to see you get electrocuted the moment you touch them. Giant canisters of volatile fuel on your back 'n all that. Remember, you're still conductive right now, and the mesh runs through the electrical storm. I have a set of long pliers though, that might help. Hell, Roger's right, maybe we could use a building as a Faraday cage, saving us quite some trouble.

Hey Roger, help me with looking for a suitable building!'

Look at my pliers: are they fully metal, or do they have a rubber handle? Lend them to Bishop if he needs them. Also, look around: is there a building which runs fully through the storm? Walk around a bit if there is no such building in the immediate area, but no more than half a street.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8420 on: October 19, 2012, 05:19:03 am »

Keep a watch out for anything hostile or unusual while the others do their thing.

"I'll just keep watch."

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8421 on: October 19, 2012, 05:40:38 am »

Roger gives any small cutting tools to Bishop, then goes a short ways looking for a building that goes through the storm.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #8422 on: October 19, 2012, 03:05:04 pm »

((Hey, I used my handiwork in the field. And I suspect your may turn out to have a similar ending.))

((So did I, but it, although turning out decently, didn't get used.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #8423 on: October 19, 2012, 04:26:36 pm »

Keep heading to the objective.
You make it half way to G street, but you're already getting tired, hobbling along like this.

Brace the rifle and shoot the little robot the moment it comes into sight.
You brace yourself in the corner as the robot nudges the door open and looks around.
[con:6]
You pull the trigger on your laser rifle and swing it in tight slicing motions, carving redhot lines through the machine in quick succession. It and a large chunk of the entrance of the building collapse into pieces, landing on the ground with a metallic clattering mixed with a stony thud.

"Aha! I thought as much!"

Bishop waved off the shoulder rubbing and at the idiots talking about using each other as lightning rods.

"Look closely at the outside of the buildings. They are covered in a mesh of wires. It's a Faraday cage! If we could cut away enough of this mesh and shape it into a shelter of some kind, we could use that to get through the cloud!

Roger, your kit should have some mechanical tools we could use. If we use those and my cutter, maybe I could make something."

Use my cutter and the tools out of Rogers kit to give a test try on making a personal Faraday cage out of the wires on the buildings and some re-bar. Make sure to include handles on the inside!

((At last! A use for my profession in the field!))
[handi:1+1]
You completely forget what you were thinking about and spend several seconds pawing aimlessly at the snow.

'Dude, we were kidding, relax man.

Now, I agree with your plan, but be careful when cutting that mesh out of the building. It runs over the whole of the building, and I'd hate to see you get electrocuted the moment you touch them. Giant canisters of volatile fuel on your back 'n all that. Remember, you're still conductive right now, and the mesh runs through the electrical storm. I have a set of long pliers though, that might help. Hell, Roger's right, maybe we could use a building as a Faraday cage, saving us quite some trouble.

Hey Roger, help me with looking for a suitable building!'

Look at my pliers: are they fully metal, or do they have a rubber handle? Lend them to Bishop if he needs them. Also, look around: is there a building which runs fully through the storm? Walk around a bit if there is no such building in the immediate area, but no more than half a street.

The pliers have rubber coated handles but the bulk of the body is metal. As per the buildings, they're similar to the others, just a random array of buildings all incredibly tightly packed together. It looks like you could move through them like before, probably staying out of the storm that way, but there are still roads you'd have to cross to reach the next section of buildings.

Keep a watch out for anything hostile or unusual while the others do their thing.

"I'll just keep watch."

You lean against a building and keep watch, seeing nothing immediately threatening in the area.

Roger gives any small cutting tools to Bishop, then goes a short ways looking for a building that goes through the storm.

Same thing as Miyamoto, lots of buildings that are all packed close enough to constitute a single building, but still broken up by roads.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8424 on: October 19, 2012, 05:21:48 pm »

Hey, erm, Bishie... What'cha doing? You gave up on the cage idea already? C'mon man, this ain't no time to play in the snow, we've got work to do.

Try to remove a bit of the mesh from a building, using pliers and any other tools available. Do not to touch the actual wires.
Think about another possible solution to the elektro-storm problem.

((At which street are we currently hold up?))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8425 on: October 19, 2012, 05:41:34 pm »

use the laser rifle to cut enough mesh to make a cage off of the nearest building to me.

Over radio "Whats the status of everyone?"

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8426 on: October 19, 2012, 06:01:37 pm »

Grab the remains of the robot quickly then find a way through into the next building

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8427 on: October 19, 2012, 09:37:51 pm »

"Don't call me that. This is the only time I'll warn you without threatening you."

Get back to making that movable shelter from the cage on the buildings. See how viable it is.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #8428 on: October 19, 2012, 11:17:38 pm »

Hey, erm, Bishie... What'cha doing? You gave up on the cage idea already? C'mon man, this ain't no time to play in the snow, we've got work to do.

Try to remove a bit of the mesh from a building, using pliers and any other tools available. Do not to touch the actual wires.
Think about another possible solution to the elektro-storm problem.

((At which street are we currently hold up?))

[str:2]
You try to pry one of the wires out of the wall but can't get a good hold of it, the pliers  slipping out of your hands. Dang it.

[int:4+1]
Hmm, well a Faraday cage seems good, especially combined with moving through buildings, though it might also be possible for Bishop to just fly you all over the storm.

use the laser rifle to cut enough mesh to make a cage off of the nearest building to me.

Over radio "Whats the status of everyone?"
[con:2]
You shoot. And miss. The building.

You missed the ENTIRE BUILDING. You sit down on the curb and cry a bit.

Grab the remains of the robot quickly then find a way through into the next building
[dex:4-2]
You lurch forward and try to gather up the chunks of robot, hucking them over your shoulder and back into the building behind you once they're all gone you sigh with relief and look up. A half dozen of the shimmering, bipedial robots are standing around you. They don't look happy.

"Don't call me that. This is the only time I'll warn you without threatening you."

Get back to making that movable shelter from the cage on the buildings. See how viable it is.

[handi:5+1]

"I NEED WIRE!"

You run to one of the buildings and start trying to tearing the wire off the wall with your suit's enhanced strength. You rip off a ton of the stuff and begin bending it by hand, slowly weaving and building the cage. It's gonna take a bit to make it all though.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8429 on: October 20, 2012, 12:15:56 am »

Keep building. Making the cage is better than going over the storm and risking the hunters.
Pages: 1 ... 560 561 [562] 563 564 ... 1256