Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 559 560 [561] 562 563 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3946319 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 7:Playing with fire
« Reply #8400 on: October 18, 2012, 01:07:56 pm »

"What."

Just follow the group.

(basically, the entire dome is filled with an ash like snow substance thats always blowing around. On the edges of the dome it's moving slowly and isn't dangerous but as you near the center of the dome and the centeral building, the speed of the "Snow" (It's not really snow, it just looks like it) flurries increases and the electrical discharge that leaps between individual flakes increases in intensity. Imagine it like a hurricane: the outer edges are quieter but everything gets more intense as you move toward the center. However the actual center itself is calm.)

"Just by carrying it, we'd probably be zapped. And I'm not sure about the building idea either... Maybe we can make some kind of farraday cage..."

Try to think of ways to bypass the electric cloud of death. Take a careful look at the thing, and how it interacts with the buildings and the surroundings.
(Keep in mind rolling low int's doesn't stop you from using your own ideas, just stops me from giving you some)
[int:2]
Uh...nope, got nothing.

As per the cloud itself, it could probably be more accurately called a solid wall of thickening blizzard. The amount of "snow" around has been slowly increasing, both in quantity how much it's moving around, as you traveled closer to the center, but from this point on it's making exponential leaps. You can see the top of the central tower poking out of that storm but much of the body and the ground route to it are completely enshrouded in this strange storm of electrical discharging ash. From what you can see it's flowing over and between buildings without damaging them, even though the electrical discharges are crackling across their surfaces almost constantly. Maybe they're specially built to withstand it around here? You also note, with some degree of relief, that the only robots you can see around are what you assume are hunters buzzing around near the top of the central tower like angry hornets.

[intuition: 5]
You have the distinct feeling that they could prove a rather large problem in the future. Chances are they haven't forgotten your gutting of that builder and definitely not your killing of that other hunter. And You're willing to bet they're not terribly forgiving.

Duck inside the nearest building then ready my rifle.
You duck through the nearest building and ready your rifle as the things skitter by, their feet clicking with a light, tinny sound. You listen as they pass but then something happens: One of them stops in front of the building You're in.

"Better than nothing."

Continue onto the objective by myself.
You drag yourself forward, hobbling along poorly but still making progress. You make it to the intersection of 8 and F.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8401 on: October 18, 2012, 01:09:34 pm »

Move back in the building quietly.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8402 on: October 18, 2012, 01:28:48 pm »

Bishop looked over the surface of the buildings near the blizzard.

"Maybe we can make some kind of movable shelter with building materials?"

Examine nearby outsides of buildings and judge the possibility of such an idea working. Are the outsides of the buildings covered in some kind of farraday cage we could use? What is making the electricity flow over them exactly?

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8403 on: October 18, 2012, 01:45:22 pm »

"That might work!"

Help bishop.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8404 on: October 18, 2012, 02:36:15 pm »

Use my intelligence to figure out a way to pass through the storm.

'You know, I wonder how those robots pass through that shield. Maybe there is an entrance on the other side...'

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #8405 on: October 18, 2012, 02:53:30 pm »

Sit down and meditate, trying to "see" a solution

"Destroy my rival
Burn my enemy to ash
Justice has been done"

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8406 on: October 18, 2012, 03:32:42 pm »

"We can go through the buildings!  The electricity is just going over them."

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8407 on: October 18, 2012, 03:38:50 pm »

"Are you willing to bet your highly conductive ass on that? Remember electrical discharges can jump a pretty fair distance and you in your suit are very conductive. You may want to find a way of testing it before you walk into the building yourself."
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 03:42:20 pm by mesor »

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8408 on: October 18, 2012, 04:22:06 pm »

"Good point... but it must be better than going through the storm without cover."

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8409 on: October 18, 2012, 04:23:33 pm »

"If I can reach you maybe I can test it for you. After all Timmy's magic stones have turned my entire body into stone so what is an electrical discharge going to do chip me?"

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8410 on: October 18, 2012, 04:25:35 pm »

"Uhhh. Okay, but I would be careful, those seem to be pretty unpredictable."  Roger checks for manhole covers, drains, or any other accesible tunnels.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 04:29:02 pm by Draxis »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8411 on: October 18, 2012, 04:27:19 pm »

"The rest where in my pack which I no longer have with me anyway but I've got a midget robot to avoid first."

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8412 on: October 18, 2012, 04:29:35 pm »

"What kind of robot?"

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8413 on: October 18, 2012, 04:31:42 pm »

"I dunno but they are small, fast, hard to see and they move in packs. I got inside in time to avoid being spotted but 1 of them seems to know somebody is in this building. I'm hoping it comes in after me because I've got an idea for it."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #8414 on: October 18, 2012, 11:56:12 pm »

Move back in the building quietly.
You Slowly back up into the building, your giant stony feet clip clopping in a very inconvenient way. The sound of the robot's movement pauses for a moment then begins moving toward you.

Bishop looked over the surface of the buildings near the blizzard.

"Maybe we can make some kind of movable shelter with building materials?"

Examine nearby outsides of buildings and judge the possibility of such an idea working. Are the outsides of the buildings covered in some kind of farraday cage we could use? What is making the electricity flow over them exactly?
You look carefully and see what looks to be thin metal wires coating each of the buildings in a grid pattern. Hmm, that might work,but it's not gonna be easy to make something complex like that with no tools.

Use my intelligence to figure out a way to pass through the storm.

'You know, I wonder how those robots pass through that shield. Maybe there is an entrance on the other side...'
[int:6]
"I say we just hold someone above our heads and use them as a lightning rod. Not it."

"That might work!"

Help bishop.

You give Bishop a soothing Shoulder rub.

Sit down and meditate, trying to "see" a solution

"Destroy my rival
Burn my enemy to ash
Justice has been done"

[int:1]
"I Volunteer to be the lightning rod!"

"Uhhh. Okay, but I would be careful, those seem to be pretty unpredictable."  Roger checks for manhole covers, drains, or any other accesible tunnels.
You don't see any sort of manhole covers, drains, open pits, rat holes, sewer grates, tunnels, subway stations, subway vents, or other ways underground.
Pages: 1 ... 559 560 [561] 562 563 ... 1256