Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 544 545 [546] 547 548 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3946451 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 7:Playing with fire
« Reply #8175 on: October 08, 2012, 08:33:39 am »

"Tell that to Timmy and the other guy who used to be with us, have you even noticed he's gone yet?"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8176 on: October 08, 2012, 08:43:29 am »

"Timmy was an idiot that used strange artefacts that were bad for his health. Why are we having this conversation right now when there's a killer robot after us?! We'll talk later!"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8177 on: October 08, 2012, 08:46:42 am »

"I guess you're right about Timmy...fine, ready when you are commander"

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8178 on: October 08, 2012, 08:58:59 am »

Roger moves to a window facing the robot, some distance from the door he was in, and when he gets the signal comes up and fires his laser at the head.   "Ready."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8179 on: October 08, 2012, 09:02:33 am »

((I can't be the only one who thinks this will go horribly, horribly wrong?))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8180 on: October 08, 2012, 09:03:20 am »

((I can't be the only one who thinks this will go horribly, horribly wrong?))
((Don't post, it probably will.  :P
Common sense factors into the rate of failure, by the way.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8181 on: October 08, 2012, 09:08:11 am »

((common sense...yes...I know of all about this "common sense" you speak of...

But hey, maybe the murderbot doesn"t like fire, one can hope))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8182 on: October 08, 2012, 12:43:16 pm »

Creep back towards the window I came into, only reveal myself once the shooting has started. Focus on heating a fine disk/rectangle running vertically through the middle of its head and torso while it's distracted.
Heat it to about 1000 degrees Celsius (I'm not completely sure where the treshhold is for safe heating, I'm estimating this should still be safe. If anyone who has experience with this stuff would advise me on this, it'd be greatly appreciated).
Make sure no teammate is around me when attempting the heating, and if it ever looks like the electrical robotto is targeting me, run 'n hide again.

'All the loot in the multiverse won't bring that poor man back, may he rest in peace.'

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8183 on: October 08, 2012, 12:47:24 pm »

((You're using a bit of equipment that bends the laws of physics to your whim. There is no safe involved with it. AT ALL.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8184 on: October 08, 2012, 12:52:01 pm »

((also you are in the same building as the guy who uses a thermite/napalm squirt gun. Really, I wouldn't fuss over safety any more))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8185 on: October 08, 2012, 02:52:39 pm »

((You're using a bit of equipment that bends the laws of physics to your whim. There is no safe involved with it. AT ALL.))
((also you are in the same building as the guy who uses a thermite/napalm squirt gun. Really, I wouldn't fuss over safety any more))

((I know I know, it's just that I don't want to recreate the 'dam incident'. ))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8186 on: October 08, 2012, 02:55:54 pm »

((It'd take some pretty horrible mishandling of a field manipulator to do that. More likely if something goes wrong you'll explode one of your own body parts by accident, showering yourself and possibly others with a brand new layer of boiling gore. So cheer up!))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #8187 on: October 08, 2012, 04:21:45 pm »

((It'd take some pretty horrible mishandling of a field manipulator to do that. More likely if something goes wrong you'll explode one of your own body parts by accident, showering yourself and possibly others with a brand new layer of boiling gore. So cheer up!))

((Or get a critical support beam, collapse the building, and start a domino effect.

Also, on-ship people are in trouble. Null gee shenanigans, ahoy!))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #8188 on: October 08, 2012, 04:55:14 pm »

Attempt to put my weight on my new leg
You stand up and test your leg. It's a bit awkward because you can't actually feel anything through it, but it seems to hold just fine.
Go left.

"I'm going the safe way. Don't let whatever those glowing things are kill you if they are hostile."
You head to the left, toward 1 down D. You make it maybe 1/4th of the way without any sort of incident.
((No I had to leave it behind to not weigh me down from climbing up a cable. Would have come in handy right about now...))

Bishop gathered himself quietly, breathing in deeply to calm his nerves. He had never been one for open combat, he left that for machines and soldiers, but now was not the time to think about that.

"Ok, here's the plan. We attack at once and try to disable it as fast as possible. Don't let it get close to you or the electricity will fry you in your suit, they aren't insulating at all against that.

Spread out from each other as much as possible and let me know when you're ready to attack. We fire on my signal."

Wait for everyone still nearby and alive to tell me they are ready to fire, then give the signal and attack.
You squeeze the rifle in your hands and wait for everyone to be ready, swallowing your nervousness and mentally planning where to aim.
And now we will take the murderbot head on, wonderful

Staying in cover, make sure I'm not too close to Miyamoto and that I have some kind of escape should murderbot go for me. then ready my weapon for the attack. When Bishop gives the signal, try to go for the head with my amp, then give it generous squirt of namite.

Worst. Themepark. ever.  ...Let's do this
You crawl back to the front of the building and over to one side, picking a window that Bishops flyby broke and readying yourself under it, waiting for Bishop's signal. You hope he knows what he's doing.
"Noted, See you on the other side." Continue advancing, wary of the chameleon creatures but otherwise ignoring them.
[dex:6]
You scramble down the barricade, half sliding half running over the shattered masonry and debris. You reach the ground without a hitch and look back up. The Chameleon bots are looking down at you from the top of the pile, but don't appear to be following you any more. Hmm.

Roger moves to a window facing the robot, some distance from the door he was in, and when he gets the signal comes up and fires his laser at the head.   "Ready."
You shake off the shock of being blown down the hall and run through the building till you find a nice window to shoot out  of. You hide beside the window, finger on the trigger of your rifle, waiting for the signal.
((common sense...yes...I know of all about this "common sense" you speak of...

But hey, maybe the murderbot doesn"t like fire, one can hope))

Creep back towards the window I came into, only reveal myself once the shooting has started. Focus on heating a fine disk/rectangle running vertically through the middle of its head and torso while it's distracted.
Heat it to about 1000 degrees Celsius (I'm not completely sure where the treshhold is for safe heating, I'm estimating this should still be safe. If anyone who has experience with this stuff would advise me on this, it'd be greatly appreciated).
Make sure no teammate is around me when attempting the heating, and if it ever looks like the electrical robotto is targeting me, run 'n hide again.

'All the loot in the multiverse won't bring that poor man back, may he rest in peace.'
You huddle next to the window and wait for Bishop to give the signal.

The last call of "ready" comes in and Bishop finds himself the center of attention, every one waiting on him. He takes a deep breath and holds it, readying his rifle and getting himself into position. All he has to do is spin as he stands, draw a bead and fire. Easy. He lets the breath out of his burning lungs and takes another before shouting "FIRE!" He spins and stands, taking aim as three men in the intersection below do the same, popping up behind shattered windows and opening fire.
[Bishop con:3+1]
[Roger con:1+1]
[Miyamoto uncon:5]
[Pancaek con:3+3]

Bishop's Gauss round strikes the bots upper left arm and tears through its shoulder joint, the entire arm going limp. The bot turns with inhuman speed as the rest of the men open fire, twisting toward Bishop and hurling the spike. [Bishop dex:3+1 MK III] Bishop leaps to the side, the rockets kicking in explosively to hurl him away from the spike. The section of the building he was standing on explodes as the spike impacts it, electricity arcing off it with a diabolical buzz. Roger's shot misses entirely while Pancake, stands at the window, screaming as he empties half his tank onto the bot, a boiling spray of blinding napalm and white hot thermite coating the bot. Miyamoto, peeking over the edge of his window, taps away on his manipulator, pouring every ounce of mental stamina he has into the calculations before hitting execute. He falls back, exhausted, as the blade of heat he programed materializes down through the center of the bot, burning white hot for several seconds before vanishing into mid air.

The bot, glowing with heat, coated in flame, charges out of the burning thermite gel and towards the building Miyamoto and Pancaek are hiding in. The spines on it's back are red hot and drooping, melting and falling even as it charges forward. A white hot gash down the center of it's body slowly widens with every step, it's body  splitting  and separating as it slowly cools. Both of its left limbs are molten and falling off, however it's right limbs are still intact. It charges with a broken gait, it's systems failing, but still alive for now. 

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8189 on: October 08, 2012, 05:05:39 pm »

Keep moving to the objective.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll
Pages: 1 ... 544 545 [546] 547 548 ... 1256