Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 516 517 [518] 519 520 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3941364 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 7:Playing with fire
« Reply #7755 on: September 23, 2012, 07:04:43 pm »

Is that you Timmy…? Are you alright….?
Approach cautiously while motioning for the others to stay back.

((He just left through the wall...))
((Gee whiz, I'm sorry I didn't notice the bottom of the post.. :l))

((PW puts all of the major stuff like that at the bottom, if the entire group is present to see it.))
((IK. I tend not to see it anyhow since it blends with the signature. :p))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7756 on: September 23, 2012, 07:53:40 pm »

((Hmmm. Who ya gonna call?))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7757 on: September 23, 2012, 09:38:27 pm »

Peek around the corner again and scan the room , Pay close attention looking to the floor to see if there are any tracks showing where it went.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7758 on: September 23, 2012, 09:46:06 pm »

((I think it got vaporized. Magical balls of weird can do that.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #7759 on: September 23, 2012, 09:56:54 pm »

((I think it got vaporized. Magical balls of weird can do that.))
((Poor Timmy. He served us well.))

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7760 on: September 23, 2012, 10:24:22 pm »

Roger follows the group towards the room, looking around nervously.  "So... we move on?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7761 on: September 23, 2012, 11:05:40 pm »

Try to somehow persuade the thing in control of me to let go of my original body or make me a new body to inhabit. Failing any of that, try to at least somehow get a visual feed from my body. Try to think of something fun to do in the void if all else fails.
Hey, magician supreme! Sorry about thinking of taking control, I'm just getting kinda bored in here in between all the sheer terror and puzzlement I'm experiencing. Mind making me a new body so I can, you know, do stuff? I know you can do that, you know. If you don't wanna do that, mind getting me a TV or something in here? It'd really help! Please?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 11:13:47 pm by Harry Baldman »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7762 on: September 23, 2012, 11:29:13 pm »

((shit I accidentally misread the post saying the guard was downed, its late and I can't seem to find it, how did the guard get defeated again?.))

soo...that was....different

examine the late guard's scorchmark and ghost timmys exit
You peek out to make sure it's clear and then wander into the room and examine the scorch mark.  It looks...odd. The metal floor has become some sort of black material and broken into neat, roughly teardrop shaped chunks covered in square spirals.

Poor Timmy. I'll check the hall out.
Approach the end of the hall cautiously.

You walk out and check out the room where the guard used to be. The blast doors are still closed and the ground is weirdly burnt and changed, but the hall is otherwise empty.

"Okay... I guess he isn't a worry then."

Carefully proceed down the hall after checking for the guard.
You walk out into the hall and stand around near the blast door.
Peek around the corner again and scan the room , Pay close attention looking to the floor to see if there are any tracks showing where it went.
Considering everyone and their brother has already wandered into the room and remains in one piece, you're guessing it's safe. You join them.
Roger follows the group towards the room, looking around nervously.  "So... we move on?"
You join the rest of the group in the room.
Try to somehow persuade the thing in control of me to let go of my original body or make me a new body to inhabit. Failing any of that, try to at least somehow get a visual feed from my body. Try to think of something fun to do in the void if all else fails.
Hey, magician supreme! Sorry about thinking of taking control, I'm just getting kinda bored in here in between all the sheer terror and puzzlement I'm experiencing. Mind making me a new body so I can, you know, do stuff? I know you can do that, you know. If you don't wanna do that, mind getting me a TV or something in here? It'd really help! Please?
You're pretty much lost to the void for all time, your mind screaming through eternal nothingness. However your body, newly inhabited with something entirely different, continues about it's otherworldly work, whatever that may be.

(You're...well not dead but unless you want to roleplay eternal banishment in the void, you may want to make a new character. I'll put you on the next mission too, since you got kinda ganked early. Moral of this story: Magic is dangerous.)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7763 on: September 23, 2012, 11:31:25 pm »

(( ouch lol down a man before the fighting even begins. If we got him back without killing him could the doctor try to fix him? Or failing that you think steve might like an extra brain? ))

Follow the group , watch behind us so nothing sneaks up on us.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #7764 on: September 23, 2012, 11:35:30 pm »

Check the door out. Is there a switch? Is it locked? Attempt to open the door. Tell the others to take cover and prepare to enter while you investigate it.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 11:39:04 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7765 on: September 23, 2012, 11:42:22 pm »

((Okay, so one last roleplaying post, then. At least I had fun with Timmy faffing about on the ship. Also, mesor, if you try to fight Timmy of Might and Magic, you WILL die. Timmy was pretty dangerous as a complete amateur in magic, while this thing IS the magic and thus, presumably, can use it at will endlessly. Luckily, I had a new character concept at the ready exactly for something like this.))
While falling through the endless void, close my eyes and imagine a TV in front of me. Imagine it's showing "All My Parasitic Alien Offspring". Watch all of it, all 300+ years of programming. Once done, watch it again, because who could even remember what happened in the beginning, anyway? Repeat infinitely. Laugh and weep at appropriate times.
You know, I may be hurtling through an endless, screaming void because of my own incompetence with no hope of ever leaving, but you know, it really could be worse. At least Carlotta's hilarious antics will keep me company.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7766 on: September 23, 2012, 11:46:18 pm »

(( Meh if he turns up again we may not get a choice if it does im pretty sure being magic dosnt stop him from dieing if pieces get blown off. I can hope anyway i recon the remains of a magic monster like you could be worth something. ))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7767 on: September 24, 2012, 12:08:34 am »

((I just KNEW something bad was going to happen to him if he kept using those powers. Seeing your body physically change into a different form is NOT a good sign kiddies.))

Bishop blinked a few times at the hole at the wall where the being that was previously Timmy had melted a hole through before popping a pill.

"Steve, you get that on our cams? Can you still track it? At any rate, I think he's not coming back to the ship with us. I'll see if I can get one of these plates for the eggheads on the way back. I'll give you a better look at these carvings with my cams, so they can get a look anyway."

He then turned to the doctor and the group.

"At least he got rid of the sentry for us. Ok doctor, you still coming with us? I dout that he'll be coming back this way for some time, since he was heading away from the globe. Anyway, let's get that door open."

Look for the controls to open the blast door. Get good footage of the patterns with my helmet cams for Steve.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7768 on: September 24, 2012, 12:50:51 am »

'Wow, just... What was... that... I, I don't even...'
Regaining his composure., Miyamoto continues:
'That was... quite unorthodox, to say the least. At least he took the guard out for us, so tit for tat, I guess. Still, I hope Timmy is still in there, somewhere.'

Examine those teardrop-shaped things Bishop is filming. See if it's possible to move one. If it is, poke it around to see if anything happens. If not, carefully take one and put it in my backpack (if it isn't too heavy or otherwise cumbersome).

Regardless of the previous succeeding or not, help in finding a control to the door, examine it if found. Try to work out how it operates, and especially, how to operate the door. Don't open it yet.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7769 on: September 24, 2012, 01:02:34 am »

Bishop took a moment to glance at Miyamoto.

"To be completely honest with you, that wasn't the scariest thing I've encountered so far. You can at least see the damn thing. Welcome to the corps."
Pages: 1 ... 516 517 [518] 519 520 ... 1256