Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3945824 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: Rock:3, HMRC:0
« Reply #6555 on: August 17, 2012, 03:36:23 pm »

"All limbs? Three or four cuts, riskier."
"Two legs or one leg and one arm, making the same amount of cuts... I have already seen a bisected man destroy a village, but you can go on with it."

Get Feyri's gauss rifle from Simus.

"I'll need this in case we have to face the wyrm, since the sound is back."
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 04:04:41 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6556 on: August 17, 2012, 03:53:11 pm »

Gorat grimaces. Is this really their best shot? But there is little time to plan anything. "Then wish us luck." Gorat says, breathing in.

When Lighteater comes back into the light, create a small disk of heat to cut off the arm wielding the rod, and a disk of heat to cut off at least one leg.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6557 on: August 17, 2012, 03:57:15 pm »

"Wait wait! He only ate one, and Lighteater's been around here before! We don't know that he's going to keep eating them or that he's not Thomas anymore!"

Try to grab a light, a glowstick if necessary, and wave it side to side near but not adjacent to the darkness.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6558 on: August 17, 2012, 04:01:54 pm »

Hey, it's my only ranged weapon other than my probably useless 'nade launcher and a hand laser that will be effectively useless, with how light acts here. Part of my wristblade is busted too, one of the filaments snapped. I'd rather keep it, if you don't mind. Wouldn't you have a ranged weapon of your own, if you're a marksman?

Get away from Thomas Lighteater, and preferably onto the second floor of the tower, in case of swarms.

Open a radio channel directly to Thomas' suit, if such still exists.

Hello?

If I get a responce:

Is this Thomas or a new Lighteater speaking? Or, for that matter, an old one?
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6559 on: August 17, 2012, 04:12:57 pm »

Hey, it's my only ranged weapon other than my probably useless 'nade launcher and a hand laser that will be effectively useless, with how light acts here. Part of my wristblade is busted too, one of the filaments snapped. I'd rather keep it, if you don't mind. Wouldn't you have a ranged weapon of your own, if you're a marksman?
"I would lend you one of my standard gauss rifles. They are better for short ranges and suffer from lower accuracy at long ranges when compared to the one you are holding, and I need Feyri's rifle because I have a type of ammo that is better utilized at longer ranges."

Milno shrugs.
"I just hope you are a good shooter then, because if the wyrm is as big as it appears to be, I think standard ammo won't help."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6560 on: August 17, 2012, 04:24:51 pm »

All right then, we'll switch out. And what special ammo do you have?

Swap Gauss rifles with Milno.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6561 on: August 17, 2012, 04:35:28 pm »

((@piecewise Are the lamps in the helmet? Is it detachable? ))
(Speak quietly) [private channel to all but Thomas] I'm going to try approaching him, if only to distract. Light or sound (possibly one from before, or variation)?
Hobble down to the ground floor, in the search of Thomas. Don't wander into the darkness yet, though.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 04:41:03 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6562 on: August 17, 2012, 05:29:22 pm »

"Alright, fine, shoot Thomas and anger the entity possessing him. Have fun losing your arms. I'm going to start heading toward the elevator before this gets out of control. My weapon wouldn't be useful in this situation anyway. Good luck. I'll be waiting at the elevator"

Travis starts the trek towards The Fall
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6563 on: August 17, 2012, 06:04:41 pm »

We're not shooting him... Yet.

Somebody might be trying to slice his limbs with a manipulator or somesuch, though, so getting away is still a good idea, though the tower will offer more protection than the area outside.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6564 on: August 17, 2012, 06:16:52 pm »

Activate a glowstick, throw it into the Tower.

"Lighteater ate the light. Which we need to stop. I think he might not recognize the source amp attacks. Two cuts, one to bisect, one to cut off the hand with the fork. If we're lucky, that might force out the... parasite and give Thomas a chance."

Gorat grimaces. Is this really their best shot? But there is little time to plan anything. "Then wish us luck." Gorat says, breathing in.

When Lighteater comes back into the light, create a small disk of heat to cut off the arm wielding the rod, and a disk of heat to cut off at least one leg.

You run back from the edge of the lit area, cracking a glowstick on the way. (16? left)You skid to a stop just outside the tower and  and hurl it into the darkness that Thomas just created. It clatters across the sand covered stone and comes to a stop at Thomas's feet, bringing light back to the area. That done, you concentrate on incapacitating the creature.

[exo:2]

You hold up your hand, trying to create a disc of heat to hurl at the creature. The air flickers with heat momentarily but you can't sustain it. Damn it!

"Wait wait! He only ate one, and Lighteater's been around here before! We don't know that he's going to keep eating them or that he's not Thomas anymore!"

Try to grab a light, a glowstick if necessary, and wave it side to side near but not adjacent to the darkness.
You pick up a lantern, still filming, and begin waving it around wildly, trying to get Thomas's attention. He doesn't even seem to notice you.

Get away from Thomas Lighteater, and preferably onto the second floor of the tower, in case of swarms.

Open a radio channel directly to Thomas' suit, if such still exists.

Hello?

If I get a responce:

Is this Thomas or a new Lighteater speaking? Or, for that matter, an old one?
You run back up to the second level before opening a com to Thomas. He doesn't respond. [int:5] Oh wait, he took his helmet off back when the doctors were looking at him. Even if he could respond, he doesn't have the radio.

All right then, we'll switch out. And what special ammo do you have?

Swap Gauss rifles with Milno.
(he crossed his side of this out so I'm gonna ignore it)

(Speak quietly) [private channel to all but Thomas] I'm going to try approaching him, if only to distract. Light or sound (possibly one from before, or variation)?
Hobble down to the ground floor, in the search of Thomas. Don't wander into the darkness yet, though.
(the lamps on your helmets are built in. Though would could remove them and hook them up to a separate power source in a pinch.)

You hobble down to the ground floor, looking for Thomas. Oh, there he is, all nice and lit up and stuff.

"Alright, fine, shoot Thomas and anger the entity possessing him. Have fun losing your arms. I'm going to start heading toward the elevator before this gets out of control. My weapon wouldn't be useful in this situation anyway. Good luck. I'll be waiting at the elevator"

Travis starts the trek towards The Fall
(I'll just let you and everyone else know that not sleeping here (or at least somewhere) will mean taking some pretty bad debuffs from exhaustion eventually.)
"Yeah, have fun being idiots. Seeya later, Shitlords!"

You start walking away from the tower, following the path again.

Thomas begins to move, walking slowly towards the entrance of the tower and Chin.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6565 on: August 17, 2012, 06:24:37 pm »

((I plan for Travis to take a rest at the elevator, after some initial exploration. I assume it's not far off based on the description from Conrad))

Travis continues to walk. While walking he rummages through his pack. Was he provided a flashlight of some sort?
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6566 on: August 17, 2012, 06:44:06 pm »

Hold lantern a few inches in front of his face, moving with him. If he doesn't seem to notice, poke him with it.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6567 on: August 17, 2012, 06:54:13 pm »

(( Thanks. ))
Turn the lamps on. Lower the visor and unshealth the Instrument.
[private channel to all but Thomas] Is the use of that fork sound still disadvised?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6568 on: August 17, 2012, 06:59:58 pm »

It has it anyways, so it doesn't matter, Doctor Sanctor.

Observe the events unfolding in the central area (or wherever Chin and T. Lighteater are) from the access ramp/doorway/any windows of level two, if possible.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6569 on: August 17, 2012, 07:08:38 pm »

[same channel] I think I can try to play the sound from the suit's memory. Well, anyone of us can, I suppose.
Past Sigs
Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 1256