Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 412 413 [414] 415 416 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3943110 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: I Have no legs and I must Hike.
« Reply #6195 on: August 07, 2012, 06:32:35 pm »

These monoliths, some kind of writing, perhaps? It certainly suggests intelligence, but from the shades? Or something else? Lighteater, perhaps?

Continue to examine the structure.

((Glad you're having a good time, PW.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6196 on: August 07, 2012, 06:39:36 pm »

"I doubt it'd be from the shades, at least as we understand them. I suppose a fallen empire isn't out of the question, though; Conrad did say they were very smart.

Also, I've gotten our full sweep of the exterior from ground level. I may need some help capturing the climby parts, though."

Begin filming everything I can reach in the tower itself. Examine it more closely in general, see if I can figure anything out about it.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6197 on: August 07, 2012, 08:07:04 pm »

If this fallen tower is representative of a fallen empire, any idea what we'll find at the Lost Citadel? Conrad's brother said it was like the tower here, only complete.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6198 on: August 07, 2012, 08:12:34 pm »

"None. It's worth noting that a lot of this looks like outright damage, not just wear and tear, though."
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6199 on: August 07, 2012, 09:14:12 pm »

That's a good point, but it would seem as though the anomaly spawned with it like this, since it was being explored effectively since it appeared. Which leads to the question, could this be more than just a temporary phenomenon? Could it just be a new entrance to an old area?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6200 on: August 07, 2012, 09:17:29 pm »

"We can find what built this inside the Citadel, or the things who killed the builders." Milno shrugs. "You never know."

After all the areas reachable without much difficulty are explored, Milno returns to the spot the wounded are.

((@Nikitian: Is Maurice going to stay out?))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6201 on: August 07, 2012, 09:50:16 pm »

((@Caellath For the sake of roleplaying, I supposed I'd have to stay that way for at least a night's worth of sleep (or however that long is to be perceived from the inside of the dream), but that should only be a rough estimate. Also, I'm actually a bit concerned that my next [End roll:1] would result in 'You quietly pass away in your sleep', so I'd rather not try doing that when our medics are occupied elsewhere. Now that Milno is nearby, I believe I have a chance, though  :) ))
Wake up (or at least start shaking off the coma).
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6202 on: August 07, 2012, 09:58:39 pm »

((I was totally going to remember to try to revive Maurice eventually. >_>))

That's a good point, but it would seem as though the anomaly spawned with it like this, since it was being explored effectively since it appeared. Which leads to the question, could this be more than just a temporary phenomenon? Could it just be a new entrance to an old area?
"Well, it's just a hole on our end; no particular reason to think it'd be different here. Suppose it could be, but this whole thing generated instantly? Seems a bit more complex than I'd expect from that.

Speaking of which, I suppose there's no reason to bring this up now, but when we get back we should see if Steve will let us go back in with capturing gear. Wouldn't need much for the shades, just a box and some mobile lights to wall them off, but the results of having live specimens could be severe. Should also ask Conrad about the physical limitations of the portal, since that affects what sizes we can bring in."

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6203 on: August 07, 2012, 10:59:25 pm »

You don't have a knife that I have listed...

((Was talking about the knife from last mission. At least I thought I still had it. Doesn't matter, I realize the action wouldn't have worked anyway))

Travis searches for tracks, ignoring the ones from his team. With no erosion, any tracks left behind eons ago should still be here. He also holds out his hand, to see if sand is falling here too, the only case of erosion that has been observed in this dimension
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6204 on: August 07, 2012, 11:02:06 pm »

That's what I'm getting at. Suppose that we are, in fact, in what is not an anomaly, but is a different dimension or universe altogether, and we came through some kind of wormhole or something to arrive? It's just far to complex for this to be an error in our dimension, our universe, though we may have come through such an error in both.

Then again, I may just be talking out of my ass here, I'm no theoretical physicist, nor astrophysicist. And I'm definitely not a quantum physicist. If only we had one of the A-I family here, they'd be able to make more sense of it than me.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6205 on: August 08, 2012, 12:49:26 am »

"We could be in a different universe. It seems kind of weird to enter a 'seperate dimension'. I mean, this 'dimension' has multiple dimensions in it"
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6206 on: August 08, 2012, 01:04:10 am »

That's what I'm getting at. Suppose that we are, in fact, in what is not an anomaly, but is a different dimension or universe altogether, and we came through some kind of wormhole or something to arrive? It's just far to complex for this to be an error in our dimension, our universe, though we may have come through such an error in both.

Then again, I may just be talking out of my ass here, I'm no theoretical physicist, nor astrophysicist. And I'm definitely not a quantum physicist. If only we had one of the A-I family here, they'd be able to make more sense of it than me.

"I'm not sure 'anomaly' or 'error' are the words you're thinking of. Or maybe even 'dimension' or 'wormhole,' for that matter. Given that we went through a fridge to get here, I'd say it's a given that it's a separate 'dimension' of some sort, at least in that it doesn't exist in our universe the same way it does internally. And that's not even getting into the light thing.

As for what that means, though, I'm not sure. I don't see why you'd say it's an 'error,' though- we're not talking about anything intentional, as far as we're aware."

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6207 on: August 08, 2012, 01:09:59 am »

An error that allows us through. Normally, the fridge is just a fridge, but the error is that it is in fact, some kind of passage to this place.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6208 on: August 08, 2012, 01:15:50 am »

"Well, that'd only be an 'error' in the same way that a land bridge or a hole in a wall or a mountain pass is one."

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6209 on: August 08, 2012, 07:14:57 am »

((The problem, as I see it, with trying to bring a pit shade in is their razor appendages. We don't know quite how sharp they are, who knows what all they can cut through. Then imagine one of them getting loose in the ship's lab. I suspect Steve's reaction to the unsolicited upload would be tame compared to his reaction to that. It's possible that keeping the pit shade in the dark keeps it sedate as well, but, well... not sure I want to count on that.))

"A hole in the wall, assuming it's not a door or window in the first place, would be an error. Or rather, a result of wear, erosion, or deliberation (or what else might be). "
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu
Pages: 1 ... 412 413 [414] 415 416 ... 1256